PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Superpower

Lord Tataraus
2007-10-11, 03:12 PM
I was reading the Cool Superpowers thread when I started thinking. Some of those powers, when you really think of it, would be a curse. So what powers, if you had them, would you view as a curse? I am not talking about useless powers.

The one I always think about is immortality. At fist its really cool, but after a hundred years or so, you want to die. If I was immortal, I'd view it as a curse.

OX166
2007-10-11, 03:17 PM
The big one.....the really big one....if you have no idea what I'm talking about ignore this. But really...it would be useless to have the really big one...except of course to sell pictures.

Yeril
2007-10-11, 03:17 PM
I was reading the Cool Superpowers thread when I started thinking. Some of those powers, when you really think of it, would be a curse. So what powers, if you had them, would you view as a curse? I am not talking about useless powers.

The one I always think about is immortality. At fist its really cool, but after a hundred years or so, you want to die. If I was immortal, I'd view it as a curse.

Especialy if you get trapped in lava.. and buryed under hundreds of feet under volcanic earth

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-11, 03:42 PM
9.9x10^28 bottles of beer on the wall, 9.9x10^28 bottles of beer...

I like Mr. Immortal. Solely because his only real purpose seems to be to live till the end of the Universe so he can give a reliable report on which future is canon.

Also, uncontrolled telepathy, particularly mind-reading, sucks.

mostlyharmful
2007-10-11, 04:03 PM
super strengh, never touch anything. if you're strong enough to pick up a car and lift it above your head then you can't ever touch anouther human without riskin serious injury. neverhave sex, hug someone, horsearound with your kids, get drunk, ever relax in anyway. plus you'll crush, rip or otherwise screwup all your stuff on a regular basis. plus you'll never be able to risk letting your emotions outbecause people will be hurt or killed. you sneeze or hiccup....