PDA

View Full Version : Stormwrack ship weapon mounts

pprandom
2019-08-11, 12:01 AM
Hey there People! I wonder if someone undertands how this aspect of the game is suoposed to work.
I'll use the caravel as the example here. Initially I went fot the text wich describes the ship statistics, in mounts it says 2 light and 1 heavy. But next to it there's a graphic of the caravel with detailed text and it never shows or describes a second ballista.
Another one is the cog, wich is suposed to have a light and a heavy mount but barely has room for one weapon in the graphic.
Afterwards what I assumed is that what it means is that you have 2 light and one of those can carry a heavy, so two weapon slots one of wich can be a heavy? But if that was the case it would have been explained clearer.
It's just a silly subject but maybe i'm not getting something.

DrMotives
2019-08-11, 01:24 AM
The weapons are typically mounted on the fore & aft decks, those very smallest half-sized decks on the front & rear of the ship. And yes, the cog can have a light in one space & a heavy in the other, so usually a ballista in the fore (front), and a catapult or other heavier weapon in the aft (rear).