PDA

View Full Version : Does chill touch stop people from healing the target?

Throne12
2019-08-11, 07:57 PM
Say I use chill touch on target A it hits and everything good but target B comes ove and try to heal target A. Does target A get healed?

Zhorn
2019-08-11, 08:03 PM
Not unless B tried to heal A after the start of your next turn has occurred.
On hit, Chill Touch is one full round (6 seconds) of being unable to regain hit points.

Kane0
2019-08-11, 08:05 PM
It also means that healing is wasted, including the action and spell slot, item charge, ability uses, etc.

JNAProductions
2019-08-11, 08:23 PM
Say I use chill touch on target A it hits and everything good but target B comes ove and try to heal target A. Does target A get healed?

No, they do not, so long as it happens before your next turn.

sithlordnergal
2019-08-12, 02:21 PM
It blocks all forms of healing, be it from spells, abilities, or regeneration. Technically, by RAW, the target couldn't be healed by even a Wish spell

DarkKnightJin
2019-08-12, 03:15 PM
It also means that healing is wasted, including the action and spell slot, item charge, ability uses, etc.

Indeed. The affected target can not regain hit points. It doesn't specify, so it blocks *all* things that would let them regain hp. Regeneration, healing ability, spells, or whatever else.
If they think they're low on hp and quaff a potion? It taster nice, I guess, but it was about as effective as shotgunning a bottle of water.

..Huh. Now I want to make an enemy that isn't too bright, gets hit with a Chill Touch, and guzzles down their healing potion withou effect. The potion that the party could've gotten had they stopped their enemy from using it.