PDA

View Full Version : The sidekick first adventure

Trandir
2019-08-12, 06:31 PM
So a while ago I submited a thread where I asked help to build a sidekick and today I played it. A Halfling rogue 10/ shadowdancer 1. I took the rogue acf: spell reflection, spell sense, distruptive attack.
Stats: 8, 22, 13, 14, 12, 12
14 skill ranks on: tumble, listen, search, hide, move silently, spot, bluff, open lock, UMD. And some other points scattered around: knoledge local, sense motive, 12 on disable device, perform dance and some others.
Sidenote: on this table take 10 means you spend more time doing something and you add 10 to the skill check so the rogue's skill mastery (on tumble, hide, spot, move silently and UMD) is effectively a +10.
As for the dreaded "missing equipent" I gor a leather armor, an envenomed dagger (DC 21 or be paralized for 1d4 rounds but the venom is enough for a single use), a shortsword with a secret compart for scrolls, wands, or some lock picks, the backpack full of the usual things (a lamp, rope, rations, frying pan ecc...), a hand crossbow and best of all a non masterwork thieve's tools, shopkeeper/DM wanted 5000 gp for the masterwork version and it would have surpassed my budget, or to be corret how much another pc was willing to lend me. All for a modic 4000 gp, that the cleric payed and expect them back since they forgot to take my stuff back on the prison armory (I was almost dead and unconscious so I could not retrive the "basic gear").

As for the first adventure: after a an hour we got all the info and equipment so we began the quest, to enter a temple and find an ancient magic lapislazuli of something.
First thing the entrance door, it's trapped and it blows on my face. First room levers to open the porticous to the stairway, the sorcerer pulls the wrong one we get a demon that offers a pact: if we take nothing more than the relic we are after he will not kill us (seems resonable), then he grants us acces to the stairway. Second room there are 4 doors, including the one fram which we entered, from the other 3 we can ear weird sounds. We pick one and the door is trapped, the sorcerer triggers the trap with a mage hand (yes it probably shouldn't work but the master allowed it) and we got a destruction trap blowing in our faces, I am dying and the cleric clerics. Then a 1 to disarm the same trap and it blows on my face, than a nat 20 and we get to the third room.
Now this is the weird part: there are a gorillon 3 apes and a legendary ape that play on a stage. We wait for them to finish and they challenge us for the right to pass (why?).
First test: find the magic jar between 6 half of them are filled with toxic liquids or trapped (after 10 minutes of discussion the sorcerer gets detect magic).
Second test: find the magic item, a ring, in 6 bottles filled with ink, the master of many forms gets a 36 and finds it.
Third test: arm wrestling cleric vs ape best of 3, just strength check opposed by the other strength check (final score cleric 2 ape 1).
Fourth test: walk a narrow plank, this was more of a challenge first an ape mede it and then one of us, me, had to do better ( normally it would be a balance chek but the master asked for a tumble one and a blance if there was a risk of falling) and I won.
Final test: magic duel, this was the last one and they allowed the sorcere to choose a challenge. They basically had to deal as much damage as possible to each other (it ended with an onest 8d6 opposed by the sorcerer maximized disintegrate for 204 damage). And we got access to the next room.
Now in the next room there is a 12 head phyrohydra (if the master keeps the manual stats the poor bastard will blow up in a single attack) and since we were running out of time the session ended there.