PDA

View Full Version : Planes of shadow and limbo natives

Particle_Man
2019-08-12, 09:48 PM
What elementals and outsiders, if any, are native to the planes of shadow or limbo? So far I have nothing for shadow and only Slaadi for limbo. Is there anything else?

Thurbane
2019-08-12, 09:54 PM
I'd suggest looking at the Planar Encounters index of the Planar Handbook (pages 187 and 189 in particular).

In addition, there may be some more in these lists:

Limbo:
Dragon, Planar, Chaos
Energon, Xac-Yij
Entropic Reaper
Githzerai
Limbo Stalker
Slaad, Black
Slaad, Blue
Slaad, Death
Slaad, Gormeel
Slaad, Gray
Slaad, Green
Slaad, Mud
Slaad, Red
Slaad, White

Shadow:
Cloaker, Shadowcloak Elder
Darkweaver
Elemental, Shadow
Ephemera, Dusk Beast
Ephemera, Ecalypse
Ephemera, Umbral Banyan
Genie, Khayal
Golem, Shadesteel
Golem, Shadesteel, Greater
Nightshade, Nightcrawler
Nightshade, Nighthaunt
Nightshade, Nightwalker
Nightshade, Nightwing
Shadar-Kai
Shadow Beast, Ghirrash
Shadow Beast, Khumat
Shadow Beast, Thaskor
Shadow Eft
Shadow Jelly
Shadow Mastiff
Shadow Spider
Skiurid

DrMotives
2019-08-12, 10:15 PM
Limbo has the chaos beasts, limbo stalker, and the anarchic creature template. I think the neutral planes tend to get ignored in favor of good & especially evil creatures.

Plane of shadow has the dark creature & shadow creature templates. The ephemerals, the shadowswfyt, shadow jelly, dark creepers/stalkers, shadow elementals, shades, and krinth.

These are from Manual of the Planes, Planar Handbook, Fiend Folio, Tome of Magic, and Champions of Ruin. Dragon #299 also has shadowvig, veserab, and blood horse.

Thurbane
2019-08-12, 11:02 PM
Oops, just re-read the OP: if you are only after elementals and outsiders, you can disregard a fair chunk of my lists.

Particle_Man
2019-08-13, 12:28 AM
Yeah I saw that Horizon walkers that take the shifting ability get +1 on attack and damage rolls against outsiders/elementals native to shifting planes like limbo and shadow and was thinking “so Slaadi and what else?”

ShurikVch
2019-08-13, 12:06 PM
Limbo also have Neraphim, and Pandemonium Beast (Dungeon #124) - as unique variant of Advanced Chaos Beast; and Slaad Lords - Ygorl, Ssendam, and Bazim-Gorag

Plane of Shadow - Darkness Pseudo-Elementals (Dragon #322), and - by the Kingdoms of Kalamar - Demon, Foulpitch (Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene)

EDIT:
Also, Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave have Dark Earth Elemental. Like all Dark Creatures, its native plane is Plane of Shadow.