PDA

View Full Version : dastana, chahar-aina and bracers of magic armor

Noxangelo
2019-08-13, 06:27 AM
a few questions for the experts in the community regarding dastana, chahar-aina and bracers of magic armor.

- can dastana/chahar-aina take armor/shield spikes?
- if you are wearing no armor but dastana and/or chahar-aina and bracers of magic armor, would the bracers of magic armor count as the foundation armor and stack ac
- can you spend all of a bracer of armor's enhancement bonus on special abilities or must it have at least +1 like magic armor.
- wizards would later clarify after OA that the armor bonus from armor, dastana and chahar-aina all stacked, enhancement bonuses do not however special abilities also stack. is that also true of bracers of armor? if you were wearing a ghost touched chain shirt, light fortification dastana and acid resistance bracers of armor, what special abilities would I have access to.
- it seems possible to give armor spikes to bracers of armor through the poison spike special ability in the BoVD where it is described as such "This special ability is identical to mundane armor spikes" does that mean they can be enhances as such?

DrMotives
2019-08-13, 06:47 AM
- can dastana/chahar-aina take armor/shield spikes?

Debatable. They're not really armor, but an optional add-on to armor. I suppose you could have spikes on a component, but I wouldn't allow the dastana, base armor, and chahar-aina to all have spikes. One set of spikes in the suit, regardless of where you want to say it's affixed.

- if you are wearing no armor but dastana and/or chahar-aina and bracers of magic armor, would the bracers of magic armor count as the foundation armor and stack ac

By RAW, the foundation armor is a pretty small white list, so no. But RAI, I don't see why not. That's a reasonable houserule, but it would be a houserule.

- can you spend all of a bracer of armor's enhancement bonus on special abilities or must it have at least +1 like magic armor.

You still have a non-stackable +1 minimum.

- wizards would later clarify after OA that the armor bonus from armor, dastana and chahar-aina all stacked, enhancement bonuses do not however special abilities also stack. is that also true of bracers of armor? if you were wearing a ghost touched chain shirt, light fortification dastana and acid resistance bracers of armor, what special abilities would I have access to.

Any +X would not stack, merely overlap. But all abilities would work together. That's the big appeal with these items.

- it seems possible to give armor spikes to bracers of armor through the poison spike special ability in the BoVD where it is described as such "This special ability is identical to mundane armor spikes" does that mean they can be enhances as such?

Yes, the spikes are like any other armor spikes, and can be separately enchanted as any other.