PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Necromancer Plz Help

Argonauts
2019-08-13, 07:09 PM
On Sundays I go to Church and after service I help in the distribution of food. I see this little boy who has a wild imagination. He want some1 who controls the undead but can heal people and become Invisible. So I want to help create a Character for him. Clerics heal so I did some research and a Necromancer is best with a Cleric. The Invisible part I 1st created a cloak but later found online some1 already created 1 that was similar to what I created but added another feature. This boy also wanted his jaw to be skeleton but his character be alive. I dont think this is possible. So I searched for a mask. I found Mask of the Skull but tweaked it. I can create a Cleric or a Necromancer. But not sure how to combine both. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I got so far is this

Race : Human

Dice roll : 17,16,16,14,12,15 (not in any order yet)

Profession: Doctor

The boy want his Character to be a Doctor. He want to heal people but Attack also. He called His Character Doctor Skeleton

Falontani
2019-08-13, 10:48 PM
Race : Human

Dice roll : 17,16,16,14,12,15 (not in any order yet)

Profession: Doctor

The boy want his Character to be a Doctor. He want to heal people but Attack also. He called His Character Doctor Skeleton

Str 15
Dex 14
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 17
Cha 16

1 Human Cloistered (unearthed arcana) Cleric
Domains: Deathbound, Knowledge, Trickery
Spell Focus: Conjuration
Augment Summoning
2 Human Paragon (unearhed arcana)
3 Human Paragon
Necromantic Presence (libris mortis)
Necromantic Might (libris mortis)
4 Master of Shrouds (libris mortis)
5 Master of Shrouds
(He can now summon shadows, cast invisibility once per day, and his shadows are super powerful)
6 Master of Shrouds
Trickery Devotion (Complete champion)
7 Master of Shrouds
(He can now cast third level cleric spells, meaning animate dead, as well as the ability to summon Wraiths. He can create temporary copies of himself too!)
8-13 Master of Shrouds
14+ you can go pure cleric, or attempt to enter RKV. One is more basic, one is more power. You can only lose one more cleric level without losing 9th levels spells though.

Eldariel
2019-08-14, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't go as complex as Falontani.

Simple Cleric X with Deathbound and Trickery domains works. Trickery enables casting Invisibility and Mislead (you could give him Spontaneous Domain Casting [Player's Handbook II] in Trickery to trade his ability to spontaneously cast Inflict spells for the ability to spontaneously cast Trickery spells such as Invisibility), while Deathbound gives him more undead to control. You don't need anything fancy: core Cleric gets Rebuke Undead, which allows commanding Undead, as well as Animate Dead as a 3rd level spell. They also get Summon Undead [Spell Compendium] 1-5, Desecrate and so on. Clerics also have the usual Cure spells (regardless of alignment; I recommend giving him the "healer's wand", simple Wand of Cure Light Wounds or if you'd prefer slower, but more efficient curing that also works on Undead, Wand of Lesser Vigor [Spell Compendium]) and such.

Skull jaw could just be fluff if it doesn't have to impact anything. You can refluff a normal human to be twisted by the magic he's running with no real effect other than how people react to it (it's pretty freaky). This seems like a pretty simple Cleric 20 (or rather, Cleric X where X is the level you play on, but the real undead minionmancy mastery comes online on ECL5 with Animate Dead). A Neutral or Evil Cleric channeling Negative Energy can do this to a T.

The stats should probably be typical Cleric fare:
Str 16
Dex 12
Con 16
Int 14
Wis 17
Cha 15

This allows smacking face in a manner most righteous while walking around with a cavalcade of the dead (that your spells can enhance) with the ability to summon more dead and heal as need be, as well as turn invisible starting from level 3.

Mostly it's just a matter of acquainting him with the appropriate spell selection. Most importantly Invisibility, Mislead, Animate Dead, Summon Undead, Desecrate, Lesser Vigor (and its cousins, Mass Lesser Vigor and Vigorous Circle), and self-buffs like Divine Favor, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestment and Divine Power (if he intends to hit people). Could potentially go Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cloisteredCleric) instead for way more skill points trading the bonus Knowledge-domain for Knowledge Devotion [Complete Champion] (a pretty fitting ability for such a character: he studies creatures so he knows how to best fight and damage them). This would improve his average combat potential somewhat but it would depend on the Knowledge die roll (of course he'd want to invest in the Knowledge skills that govern creatures: Arcana, Religion, The Planes, Local, Nature, Dungeoneering in probably that order).