PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder second edition: The best spells by level?

Particle_Man
2019-08-13, 10:48 PM
I was thinking of making a half-elf rogue (thief) for Pathfinder second edition and using the multiclass archetypes to get spellcasting in two traditions. I was curious as to what people thought were the best spells to take for each level (from cantrip to level 8) in the cleric list and wizard list (although you can chime in for the primal and occult lists too!).

Rhedyn
2019-08-15, 09:30 AM
I was wondering if PF2e stuff fits into this forum.

Kurald Galain
2019-08-15, 09:39 AM
The best spells for what? Are you looking for direct damage, self buffs, crowd control, healing, or toolbox magic?

Particle_Man
2019-08-15, 10:24 AM
I was wondering if PF2e stuff fits into this forum.

Until word from Mod comes down on this, I will post here because it still uses the d20 mechanic and still has most of the d20 trappings (names of classes, races, spells, etc.; Ye olde faux medieval setting, etc.). I mean a case can be made for moving it but a case can be made for keeping it with the other Pathfinder game in this forum too. And I gotta post somewhere or other and no matter where I post, someone is going to say “post this in another forum” until we get some kind of mod decision on this.

As for what I am looking for, I suppose a variety would be nice, as would spells that supplement and compliment rogue activities. And of course spells that have not been merged into uselessness.

HouseRules
2019-08-16, 11:15 AM
still uses the d20 mechanic and still has most of the d20 trappings

Except 4E and 5E also has those.
4E renames more of those trappings, but renaming things don't change them.

Particle_Man
2019-08-16, 11:41 AM
And they have their own specially created sub-forums. If the mods create a special subforum for 2e Pathfinder I would post there. Until then I will post here unless the mods decide otherwise.

Rhedyn
2019-08-16, 01:30 PM
And they have their own specially created sub-forums. If the mods create a special subforum for 2e Pathfinder I would post there. Until then I will post here unless the mods decide otherwise.
To the "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems" forums you go! Bwuahahaha *evil laughter

Peelee
2019-08-16, 03:11 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: If you think a thread is in the wrong forum, the appropriate response is to report the thread, not to derail the thread over what forum it belongs in.

Particle_Man
2019-08-16, 05:53 PM
So any ideas on the good, least nerfed P2 spells then?