PDA

View Full Version : Wod

Druid_lord
2007-10-11, 06:48 PM
I just got the main world of darkness book and want to know which other book i should get: Vampire, Werewolf, mage, changeling, or promethean?

Hawriel
2007-10-11, 06:56 PM
there is a main world of darkness book?

Every one that I know/knew that played it got eather vampire or warwolf not a core book. Then got the other one, or mummy or wraith what ever struck there fancy to get into.

puppyavenger
2007-10-11, 07:08 PM
I think he's talking about NWOD

I'd say changling, seems very intresting.

Riffington
2007-10-11, 07:12 PM
What kind of game do you want to play?
Lots of fighting?
Lots of drama?
Lots of philosophy?
Lots of playfulness?

Townopolis
2007-10-11, 07:42 PM
What kind of game do you want to play?
Lots of fighting?
Lots of drama?
Lots of philosophy?
Lots of playfulness?

werewolf?
vampire?
mage?
changeling?

what about promethian?

I personally advise either mage or changeling, but that's because those are the ones I like. Of the two, I think I'm more partial to mage. If I get a third it will be promethian.

Druid_lord
2007-10-13, 09:37 AM
i definitly perfer fighting. So, i have been looking at werewolf. However changeling interests me as well. what are the pros and cons of each?

Kurald Galain
2007-10-13, 10:25 AM
I just got the main world of darkness book and want to know which other book i should get: Vampire, Werewolf, mage, changeling, or promethean?

Werewolf is probably the only one where you'll do a lot of fighting (since fighting can be rather lethal in WOD, and werewolves are the only ones that actually regenerate). Vampire and Werewolf are the easiest to get into for beginning WODders. Other than that it's a matter of atmosphere.

For vampire, common themes are the struggle within yourself, political maneuvering, screwing over mortals, getting revenge on other vamps (or getting revenge from them) and running away from werewolves.

For werewolf, common themes are eco-raids, spirit quests, tribal rites and politics, alpha-dominance fights, taking down nasty BBEG monsters, and storytelling around the proverbial campfire.

For mage, common themes are vision quests, finding out what the heck is going on with weird stuff, hiding from the government, and practical philosophy.

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-10-13, 11:16 AM
For mage, common themes are vision quests, finding out what the heck is going on with weird stuff, hiding from the government, practical philosophy, and DESTROYING EVERYTHING.

Fixed. Freaking Mage... >_>

UserClone
2007-10-13, 12:52 PM
None. Play Demon: The Fallen:smallamused: