PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a good luck domain for cleric

moonfly7
2019-08-15, 05:30 PM
I have a player who wants to be the cleric of a luck god. Not a problem, I have one for them that easily ties in with my party, the issue is that, while they don't mind to go trickery cleric, they(and I) would prefer a more luck based character. Hence the title of this thread, anybody know any good ones? If not, I might make one meself.

Valwyn
2019-08-15, 06:21 PM
Not really a domain, but haflings have a racial feat available (Bountiful Luck) that lets them reroll an ally's d20 once per turn. Let them take the Lucky feat as well. Combined with Guidance and Resistance and spells like Bless and Bane and you have the basis for a Luck cleric (manage your concentration carefully, though).

Alternatively, ask them if they are willing to instead play a diviner with the acolyte background. Still a religious caster capable of messing with fate, just not a healer (Magic Initiate can give them Guidance, Resistance, and cleric spell of their choice as well).

Chad.e.clark
2019-08-15, 06:42 PM
Light Cleric has Warding Flare, disadvantage against a melee attack as a reaction. Could be fluffed up as luck, I suppose. Knowledge could be fluffed similiarly, with a guaranteed proficiency at least once a rest.

But honestly, Trickery fits best in my opinion. In fact, my Tortle Trickery Cleric worships Tymora. His spiritual weapon is a giant golden coin that slams into enemies.

moonfly7
2019-08-15, 08:08 PM
Ok, maybe I should rephrase: they don't nessacarily need the luck theme. We actually already have a luck maxed build in the game. What I'm looking for is souly a homebrewed luck subclass for the cleric.

Bjarkmundur
2019-08-16, 02:33 AM
I feel you. There are like millions of hombrewd domains out there, and navigating them can be a nightmare.
I did save this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?585678-Inspiration-Domain-(PEACH))link a while back, you should be able to set it to a luck theme :)

SpawnOfMorbo
2019-08-16, 06:28 AM
I have a player who wants to be the cleric of a luck god. Not a problem, I have one for them that easily ties in with my party, the issue is that, while they don't mind to go trickery cleric, they(and I) would prefer a more luck based character. Hence the title of this thread, anybody know any good ones? If not, I might make one meself.

Halfling Cleric of Trickery is very "lucky".

All of the features and spells can be refluffed as granting yourself or an ally luck... Or that you got lucky something worked.

Charm Person, the spell, could be fluffed that the spell alter's the target's chances of accepting what you say.

clash
2019-08-16, 08:57 AM
There is this one https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2015/05/luck-domain.html. I'm not a huge fan of some of the mechanics on this but balance wise these guys are never too far off. Take a look, maybe it's your thing.

Aett_Thorn
2019-08-16, 10:11 AM
There’s a large home Brew document out there titled something like Faiths of Faerun on the GM’s Guild that is pretty good. In it, they have domains for both Beshaba (bad luck) and Tymora (good luck), that are both not too bad. Each domain comes with some deity-specific, flavorful spells as well. You may want to track that down.