PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next College of Medicine [Bardic College]

Amechra
2019-08-15, 09:05 PM
College of Medicine [Bardic College]

2 :- Hands of a Healer
You are proficient in Medicine and Healer's Kits if you aren't already. You may use Song of Rest by ministering to your ally's wounds - if you do so, any of those creatures currently suffering from a disease may make a saving throw to recover from it as if they had just taken a long rest.

2 :- Healer's Song
When you grant a creature one of your Bardic Inspiration dice, they may roll that die and regain that many hit-points. A Bardic Inspiration die rolled this way is not lost. Additionally, when a creature holding one of your Bardic Inspiration dice regains hit-points, they may roll that die and regain that many additional hit-points.

6 :- Bedside Manner
Whenever one or more creatures regains hit-points due to one of your spells or abilities, those creatures may immediately make saving throws against every effect they're suffering from that allows a save at the start or end of their turns.

14 :- Preventative Medicine
Whenever a creature regains hit-points due to Song of Rest or Healer's Song, that creature also gains temporary hit-points equal to the die roll plus your Charisma modifier.

theVoidWatches
2019-08-15, 10:44 PM
I think that Healer's Song needs to be clarified. At present it looks like the way it works is

1. you give someone bardic inspiration as a bonus action
2. they immediately roll it and heal
3. you still have that bardic inspiration die
4. also, if they get healing in the next few minutes, it gets a boost
5. also also, they do still get to use that bardic inspiration as usual.

Which basically means that you can use your bonus action to heal 1d6 to 1d12 hp without limits, and also you have unlimited BI. What I presume was actually intended is

2. they immediately roll a die equal to the size of your bardic inspiration die and heal that much
3. you are down one die as usual
4. if they get healing in the next few minutes, it gets a boost
5. they can use the bardic inspiration as usual.

Basically, clarify that them healing with the die isn't using the BI and it not being lost (because the way you currently have it worded seems to apply to both you granting the die and them using it), but rather that it's an extra bonus of being given a die.

All else seems fine.

Bjarkmundur
2019-08-16, 02:30 AM
...of course you made the sublcass xD

Amechra
2019-08-16, 09:17 AM
I think that Healer's Song needs to be clarified. At present it looks like the way it works is

2. they immediately roll it and heal
3. you still have that bardic inspiration die
4. also, if they get healing in the next few minutes, it gets a boost
5. also also, they do still get to use that bardic inspiration as usual.

Which basically means that you can use your bonus action to heal 1d6 to 1d12 hp without limits, and also you have unlimited BI. What I presume was actually intended is

2. they immediately roll a die equal to the size of your bardic inspiration die and heal that much
3. you are down one die as usual
4. if they get healing in the next few minutes, it gets a boost
5. they can use the bardic inspiration as usual.

Basically, clarify that them healing with the die isn't using the BI and it not being lost (because the way you currently have it worded seems to apply to both you granting the die and them using it), but rather that it's an extra bonus of being given a die.

All else seems fine.

It already works the second way. You never have Bardic Inspiration dice yourself - you have the ability to spend a use of Bardic Inspiration to grant someone else a die, which is lost when they roll it. By the time your ally gets to choose to roll for some extra healing, you've already spent your use of Bardic Inspiration.

I'll be completely honest - I'm not even sure how you'd word it so that your first list of events is what would happen. I guess you could do something like "You may grant someone a Bardic Inspiration die without spending a use of your Bardic Inspiration ability", or something like that?