PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Master not sure how to progress.

Bahamut7
2019-08-16, 07:30 AM
Long story short, party barely avoided a TPK, two fell and the rest of us got forced into a deal with a Devil/Demon Lord (Giant Megalodon entity). The deal is that we have to collect 9001 skulls of honest hard working men (5 must be good paladins) and bring the skulls to a specific point.

Have we found loop holes? Yes, there is nothing saying we can't dig up graves and nothing says they can't be oathbreaker paladins. Does my Chaotic Good Drunken Master who worships the Traveler want to do this? No. Would he be inclined to knock this guy down a peg for forcing a deal? Yes.

If I were to attempt to travel to the Hells and slay the Demon to clear the debt, what would you do in my shoes? Specifically, how should my character progression go? Multiclass into something else? Become a full Drunken Master and accumulate plenty of items to hopefully offset this seemingly one sided battle? How does one fight a giant shark demon underwater to begin with? lol

I am currently level 5 on the cusp of becoming level 6. My stats are near max for Dex/Wis and a 14 in CHA (Half-Elf), other stats are decent but not as high if I remember correctly.

Just not sure how about to go with this. Definitely gives Jack an interesting story direction and granted the campaign may fizzle out long before any such battle.

Wildarm
2019-08-16, 07:56 AM
Long story short, party barely avoided a TPK, two fell and the rest of us got forced into a deal with a Devil/Demon Lord (Giant Megalodon entity). The deal is that we have to collect 9001 skulls of honest hard working men (5 must be good paladins) and bring the skulls to a specific point.

Have we found loop holes? Yes, there is nothing saying we can't dig up graves and nothing says they can't be oathbreaker paladins. Does my Chaotic Good Drunken Master who worships the Traveler want to do this? No. Would he be inclined to knock this guy down a peg for forcing a deal? Yes.

If I were to attempt to travel to the Hells and slay the Demon to clear the debt, what would you do in my shoes? Specifically, how should my character progression go? Multiclass into something else? Become a full Drunken Master and accumulate plenty of items to hopefully offset this seemingly one sided battle? How does one fight a giant shark demon underwater to begin with? lol

I am currently level 5 on the cusp of becoming level 6. My stats are near max for Dex/Wis and a 14 in CHA (Half-Elf), other stats are decent but not as high if I remember correctly.

Just not sure how about to go with this. Definitely gives Jack an interesting story direction and granted the campaign may fizzle out long before any such battle.

Get the 9001 skulls from gravedigging. You're a Drunken Master - Fill them with dwarven hard liquor(Pure alcohol) and deliver them to the BBEG. Flick a match(firebolt) at the skulls when the BBEG comes to collect.

Bahamut7
2019-08-16, 07:58 AM
Get the 9001 skulls from gravedigging. You're a Drunken Master - Fill them with dwarven hard liquor(Pure alcohol) and deliver them to the BBEG. Flick a match(firebolt) at the skulls when the BBEG comes to collect.

Lol, would be great, but fire doesn't really do anything to him plus I would have to slay him in his true giant shark form, but I love the idea.

darknite
2019-08-16, 08:04 AM
A drunken master doesn't know how to proceed? With a drink, of course! What kind of alcoholic are you? :smalltongue: