PDA

View Full Version : armor spikes and the poison spike enhancement

Noxangelo
2019-08-16, 08:21 AM
The poison spike enhancement in the BoVD says that "This special ability is identical to mundane armor spikes"

Does this mean I could have a set of +1 spiked, net cutter spiked, razored, poison spike armor and enhance them all separately?

DodermanDefense
2019-09-16, 02:01 PM
The poison spike enhancement in the BoVD says that "This special ability is identical to mundane armor spikes"

Does this mean I could have a set of +1 spiked, net cutter spiked, razored, poison spike armor and enhance them all separately?

No.
What it means is that you've stumbled over one of the many areas where DMs are going to have to make a ruling.
For me, the ruling is obvious.
For anatomical reasons, a suit of armor may only benefit from 1 type of spikes.
Hope this lays your issue to rest.
-L. Doderman

Asmotherion
2019-09-16, 05:39 PM
No.
What it means is that you've stumbled over one of the many areas where DMs are going to have to make a ruling.
For me, the ruling is obvious.
For anatomical reasons, a suit of armor may only benefit from 1 type of spikes.
Hope this lays your issue to rest.
-L. Doderman

Or you can probably get away with it since able to use armor= probably not a caster.

Zaq
2019-09-16, 07:49 PM
Or you can probably get away with it since able to use armor= probably not a caster.

Cleric says hi.

Asmotherion
2019-09-17, 05:06 AM
Cleric says hi.

Clerics buying something that's NOT nightstics? :smallconfused:

That would be new...

PraxisVetli
2019-09-17, 05:28 AM

I think the more important question is whether you can off-hand attack with them all separately.

Noxangelo
2019-10-03, 08:46 PM
I think the more important question is whether you can off-hand attack with them all separately.

Something i am extremely curious of too.

Calthropstu
2019-10-03, 09:05 PM
Yes. And you'd have 4 sets of armor. Because "identical to normal spikes" means identical bonuses... which don't stack.