PDA

View Full Version : (I.C) Secrets of the Lake of 1,000 Waters

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-16, 02:19 PM
It was a chilly night, wind whipping about the boughs of the gargantuan trees of the many forests about the land, sweeping through the valleys and hills, rushing in a gale past the dim lights of street lamps as they guttered in their posts. It was a fateful wind, what came to the city of Lao-Seth, and it would signal the change of many things.
Our story begins as this wind passes the faces of two individuals, slated to become intertwined in the many days ahead. They sit on the pier, overlooking the impossible submersible vessels that the people of the lake utilize to reach the underwater tunnelways that lead to so many strange and far off places.

You were searching the docks for barnacle slugs and spirilic crabs as part of an experiment you had wanted to run and thinking about a dream that you had had last night. There was a massive symbol where the sun should be, and from it, order radiated like light. Beneath, the earth was a shapeless mass of clay, vibrating slowly and arythmically. When you spoke, your words floated up into the symbol and fell down into the earth alike. In your dreaming, you spoke of the fate of the cosmos, but when you awoke, you could remember no more than a vague gesture.
You were just about to pick a fat spiral of crab out of the water beneath the dock and add it to your basket full of them when you bumped into a lithe elven figure. His eyes shine with a green light, and on his left forearm is the symbol you saw in the sky of your dream...

IMPERATIVE: FIND THE GODLING
Mission status: In flux. you have searched for 30 lunar cycles across the city, and though some gods call this place home, no new gods have shown themselves.

Current Affairs: You were scavenging the pier once more, looking for signs of deific activity, when you bumped head-first into a young Samsaran with a basket full of slugs and crabs, nearly spilling the contents of the basket onto both of you...

Imladir
2019-08-16, 05:19 PM
"Oops, sorry." Elyna said reflexively, before apparently deciding it couldn't be her fault - obviously - and puffing up angrily. Or at least, trying to give that impression, with no more success than a kitten would have had: instead of feeling threatened, the only reaction most people would have would be to think her cute. "Err, no, I mean, hey, be careful, can't you see me?"

Her eyes drawn to the man's tattoo, the girl frowned and a second later, she was waving one of her spirilic crabs under his nose. "Who are you? No never mind that, what's that?" With the hand holding the crab, she indicated the tattoo. "Not the tattoo, the symbol?"

Bansheexero
2019-08-16, 10:30 PM
Flickering into view, the Hand of Fate appears. His form is that of what appears to be a tall, golden elf, lean, yet with well defined muscles. His eyes are pure white, yet seem to give off a pale blue radiance. His skin is odd in that it seems to fade at the edges, flowing into a glow formed into esoteric mathematical equations. In his right hand is a large, ornate and imposing scythe, bearing a similar mark as his tattoo.

As he regards this woman in front of him, he states, "I am but a servant of Fate, one who is tasked with ensuring it flows in it's proper order. As for the symbol, it is the mark of those who serve fate and are devoted to its purpose. My mission is to ensure the next Godling meets his or her purpose. It would seem that by stumbling into me, fate has chosen you, as I have been here for quite some time and you are the first person to even come close to finding me."
He kneels down on both knees and bows nearly to full prostration, as a sign of devotion to this new path as it interacts with his own personal Wyrd.

Imladir
2019-08-17, 05:46 AM
For a while, Elyna opened and closed her mouth without a sound coming out of it, obviously unable to process what had just happened. After a moment, she rubbed her eyes tiredly and grumbled. "Can you get back on your feet please? You're going to draw attention to us like that..." She tossed the crab she had in her hand back in its basket, which was the only thing she had on her, though some kind of tool picked out of it. "And I didn't find you, I... no, you bumped into me." With a grimace, she rubbed the tender flesh where that contact had hit. "Plus, do I look like a 'Godling' to you?"

She spread her arms to the side, inviting the man in front of her to get a good look. She was wearing simple clothes, obviously well worn even though it wasn't the bad kind of worn, but the one favored clothes took when picked too often. Surprisingly, they were clean despite multiple layers of mud on the girl's hands and a drop or two that somehow managed to reach her cheeks and made a stark contrast to her eyes, solid white with no trace of pupils or irises.

Despite that, she looked flawless, her face perfectly symmetrical, her skin albeit of an unusual light blue color was spotless. At just shy of two meters she was really tall, especially for a girl barely looking more than fifteen, and thin with a willowy build, but it worked for her. Though of course, her long light blue hair tied in a ponytail reaching down to her thigh kind of marred things a bit, looking like it could really use a good - and long - brushing session.

"Anyway..." She looked once again at the tattoo, frowning, and mumbled. "Fate? That doesn't make sense..." She looked up at the man to ask. "Is there some kind of alternate sense if associated with the sun?"

Bansheexero
2019-08-17, 09:22 AM
"Fate does not make mistakes . . . well not mistakenly. It does make mistakes, but only when there needs to be a mistake. Every mistake made is fated to be so, yet fate itself is not mistaken." The Hand continues talking, seeming to try to dig himself out of the verbal and existential dilemma he just presented. He disliked speaking in the Common tongue as it packed the necessary phrasing.

After a while, he returns focus to the Samsaran woman. He says, "Your moon has completed it's cycle 30 times since I have been here, and I have remained completely undetected and completely free of mishaps such as when you bumped into me. That on its own should indicate the portent I have just presented you with."

Imladir
2019-08-17, 09:48 AM
"Hmm..." Elyna didn't look convinced. "Or maybe you grew bored and subconsciously put yourself on my path? From where I stand, you're as likely to be right as to be... Err... Not right." in the head, but that wouldnt have been something nice to say to someone who hadn't given her cause to be mean. Plus... Even if she didn't really like to think about it... Well... She had to admit that she fit the description of a godling rather well, at least as far as power level was concerned. Given that she was kind of an open book, her thoughts were easy enough to follow.

Still... After a second, she frowned. "I'm not sure I like your definition of Fate though. You make it sound like everything is preordained and that we effectively have no say into how things will play out. I very much intend to make my own path, to be in control of my future." She tapped her lips pensive. "I don't know what would be worse, that our actions would be predefined or that no matter what we'd do the end result would be already set..."

She squinted suspiciously. "Unless yours is the kind that spews meaningless prophecies that don't mean anything but no matter what happens can be interpreted as if it was right all along? There's a whole street for stuff like that over there..." She waved one hand in a rather vague direction towards the city. Well... Except that... There was that godling thing, so...

The girl shook her head. "Nevermind that. As far as my purpose goes, you're going to be bored pretty soon, I don't have any big plans." Which wasn't to say that she didn't have any of course. "And I doubt you're here to see what I'm going to do with this." She lifted her basket to emphasise her point.

Bansheexero
2019-08-17, 10:00 AM
"The existence of Fate is independent upon whether you "like" it or not. As for anything preordained, well, you still have choice. Fate does not necessarily supercede or render it irrelevant, but rather works in tandem. The choice is yours, and when it is made (or not made), it directs fate to the next such intersection. I believe this would be a concept shared by many of your ilk, young Samsaran, following the wheel of Karma."

Imladir
2019-08-17, 10:18 AM
Elyna snorted. "I'm too young to have unlocked many memories of the past, and since you've apparently spent so long around here, you can probably tell that there aren't many Samsarans around."

After a second, she shrugged. "Karma is not Fate. Karma is the product of one's actions, something some of us build over many lifetimes. I think. In fact, you could almost say that karma has nothing to do with Fate. One or the other though, there is a difference in acknowledging the role of luck, fate, destiny or however you want to call it, and surrendering to it. One is perfectly fine, the other is not." She frowned. "Or at least, I'm not fine with it."

"If there are choices, and I'm the only one to make - or not make - them as the case might be..." she shrugged. "I guess I'm fine with it, but it suspiciously sounds as simple cause and effect then, which is another thing entirely."

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-17, 05:53 PM
​The moon docks itself into the nestled tree line, the shaky wind-sea of the far off hills silhouetted in the blackness of the night and the rich light of that celestial globe. Beneath the moon, the waters chop errantly at the docks, churned and moved by a thousand underwater portals and their navigable terrains.
The winds blow down south on Rae Anon Street, and with them the two carry on, discussing the cosmological mystery and walking down the dock beside the street, where even now some carts still pass, horsedrawn and lanternlit in the darkness. The two pass Trigintus Avenue when each simultaneously notice something...

You'd been walking with the strange elf talking "cosmic politics" (as morality is known in the city to be called), when you notice a beggar, huddled in the corner between an overflowing trash can and a bench. He whispers as you pass, just so loud as you can hear "Spare a coin for an old beggar?"
He looks gaunt and frail in a tattered tunic with rotten-soled shoes. His fingernails are yellowed and jagged.
Roll me a will saving throw.

Something is amiss. There is chaos here, you can smell it.
Suddenly you hear a voice in your mind, "Get Lost Law-Licker. This one is mine."
The godling is talking to a beggar beside you. Could it be...them? He looks gaunt and frail in a tattered tunic with rotten-soled shoes. His fingernails are yellowed and jagged.
Roll me a will saving throw.

Imladir
2019-08-17, 06:18 PM
Elyna glanced at the beggar then shook her head slightly. "I'm sorry, I don't have my purse with me." She lifted her basket for a second. "All I have is this and the crabs it contains." Well, crabs and slugs, but it didn't change much, right? There was no way she was going to part with her trusty multi-tool. "You should be careful though, it's late to do this...."

Will Save: [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-08-17, 10:36 PM
Stopping suddenly, the Hand puts his, er, hand on the Samsaran woman. "Hold! Something is amiss!" He grips his scythe more tightly.

HoF's Will [roll0] + spending mythic power for a surge [roll1]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-17, 11:15 PM
The thick waft of magic fills the air, acrid like gunsmoke and perfume. The body of the old beggar morphs into a form more lithe and full of muscle. His ragged hair folds down in midnight sheets of velum like hair, and from his head sprout two horns. His eyes, once beshadowed by his downcast face are now shining in the moonlight like two glittering serpent's eyes.
"Back off fledgling, Fate isn't the only one who has plans for the girl."

Turning to Elyna, he hops to his feet, unfurling wings out from the small of his back. Batlike Wings.
His skin is a deep blue in the moonlight. "Don't let me frighten you, I meant to find you here alone. I have searched for you, I have crossed the skies looking for signs of your power. You see..."
He holds up his hand, and mythic power surges through it, forming into a conflagration that spews out above it and into the air, dispersed but for ash of errant birds on their ill fated night sojourns above.
"I am God-Kin too. That is why you must come with me. He can't show you the ropes, but I can."

Imladir
2019-08-18, 02:03 AM
Elyna frowned as she looked at the hand on her, apparently not particularly pleased by it. She was however even less pleased by what happened next, as she coughed and waved her hand in front of her face to disperse the terrible smell. She took a step back to breathe, then crossed her arms under her breasts. "Maybe you should both consider that I might not care about either of your plans, and that I'm not some piece of meat you should fight over?"

While she seemed to include both in her speech, she still kept the Hand between her and the other in front of her: she wasn't all that fond of this Fate of his, but she was even less so of the demon particularly when he burned some birds to ashes just to demonstrate his power. "Plus, if you merely wanted to show me the ropes as you say, why wouldn't you be able to do it here? She looked up with a grimace. "Except for the fact that everyone in the city knows something is going on right now of course..."

While it didn't matter all that much to Elyna before, she's going to try to identify who the two of them are. Or more precisely, what they are.
If it's possible to take 10, that'd be a 23 in Knowledge [Planes].

If it's not: [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-08-18, 08:33 AM
Removing his hand from Elyna's shoulder, the Hand grasps his Scythe with both hands, readying himself for battle.

Initiative roll [roll0]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-18, 02:44 PM
Elyna frowned as she looked at the hand on her, apparently not particularly pleased by it. She was however even less pleased by what happened next, as she coughed and waved her hand in front of her face to disperse the terrible smell. She took a step back to breathe, then crossed her arms under her breasts. "Maybe you should both consider that I might not care about either of your plans, and that I'm not some piece of meat you should fight over?"

While she seemed to include both in her speech, she still kept the Hand between her and the other in front of her: she wasn't all that fond of this Fate of his, but she was even less so of the demon particularly when he burned some birds to ashes just to demonstrate his power. "Plus, if you merely wanted to show me the ropes as you say, why wouldn't you be able to do it here? She looked up with a grimace. "Except for the fact that everyone in the city knows something is going on right now of course..."

While it didn't matter all that much to Elyna before, she's going to try to identify who the two of them are. Or more precisely, what they are.
If it's possible to take 10, that'd be a 23 in Knowledge [Planes].

If it's not: [roll0]

Knowledge Planes, 33: The Hand is a burgeoning Axiomite, denizens of the lawful neutral planes whose spirits are resolute in their adherence to Cosmic Law. From his size and physical dimensions you can figure that he is from the Null plane of Axis, bearing no taint of positive or negative energy.
The demon standing before you is an incubus, although larger in size and stature than typical incubi. From the thick musculature and long limbs you would reckon he is from the additive chaotic evil plane, "The Slideways." It is a land of perpetually expanding webs of flesh, being gnawed on and acidically consuming in turn its denizens.

Removing his hand from Elyna's shoulder, the Hand grasps his Scythe with both hands, readying himself for battle.

Initiative roll [roll0]

Enemy Initiative result:19.
You pull your scythe up and at the ready before the Incubus has time to react.

Bansheexero
2019-08-18, 08:18 PM
The Hand seems to attack in a flash, as he moves towards the target, slashing at it in a sweeping arc with his wickedly sharp blade.

Moves to engage target.
Power Attack with Scythe [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage is [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3] to damage.
Due to Punishing Blow, deactivates any Regeneration (unless there is nothing that can bypass it (such as the Terrasque) or Fast Healing until the beginning of my next turn.

The Incubus should be flat-footed until he takes his first combat action, so not bothering with Invisibility yet. Not the most efficient or aggressive action I can take, but not sure about overall threat level

Imladir
2019-08-18, 10:21 PM
"What the!?" Elyna's eyes widened noticeably, not having expected a fight to break out like that. Suddenly, almost as soon as the Hand attacked, without anything leading to it she disappeared nowhere to be seen or heard, while the weird flying assemblage of minerals and gemstone went up and to one side.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1064838ebe0e187987f19f8c56d17c70/tumblr_inline_p84tu6gxya1robfbt_500.jpg

1) As a free action, Elyna uses Prescience: [roll0]. She'll be able to replace any one roll before her next turn with it if she wants.
2) Elyna casts Augmented Mythic Invisibility (http://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/invisibility.html#invisibility-mythichttp://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/invisibility.html#invisibility-mythic). She uses Wild Arcana to do so as it wasn't prepared, which transforms the spell into an SLA (so no need for speech, somatic or gesture components) and increases the CL by 2 (duration 5 minutes). She also uses Mythic Spellpower to cast it, which means she doesn't spend any Mythic Power.
After that, she moves a bit away to not be under the two outsiders' feet, ordering her familiar to take a slightly different path (same rough direction, but not the exact same or invisibility would be useless...)
She is concerned the demon brought friends, which is why she doesn't want to go too far. Should it be necessary: Elyna's perception (low light vision) [roll1], Familiar's Perception (blindsight 30ft) [roll2]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-19, 04:07 AM
The Hand seems to attack in a flash, as he moves towards the target, slashing at it in a sweeping arc with his wickedly sharp blade.

Moves to engage target.
Power Attack with Scythe [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage is [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3] to damage.
Due to Punishing Blow, deactivates any Regeneration (unless there is nothing that can bypass it (such as the Terrasque) or Fast Healing until the beginning of my next turn.

The Incubus should be flat-footed until he takes his first combat action, so not bothering with Invisibility yet. Not the most efficient or aggressive action I can take, but not sure about overall threat level

The blade of the scythe slides across the air like a knife through hot butter, swinging fast and loose on the edge of an arc. The incubus side steps the blade, dodging with a grace as yet unseen.

"What the!?" Elyna's eyes widened noticeably, not having expected a fight to break out like that. Suddenly, almost as soon as the Hand attacked, without anything leading to it she disappeared nowhere to be seen or heard, while the weird flying assemblage of minerals and gemstone went up and to one side.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1064838ebe0e187987f19f8c56d17c70/tumblr_inline_p84tu6gxya1robfbt_500.jpg

1) As a free action, Elyna uses Prescience: [roll0]. She'll be able to replace any one roll before her next turn with it if she wants.
2) Elyna casts Augmented Mythic Invisibility (http://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/invisibility.html#invisibility-mythichttp://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/invisibility.html#invisibility-mythic). She uses Wild Arcana to do so as it wasn't prepared, which transforms the spell into an SLA (so no need for speech, somatic or gesture components) and increases the CL by 2 (duration 5 minutes). She also uses Mythic Spellpower to cast it, which means she doesn't spend any Mythic Power.
After that, she moves a bit away to not be under the two outsiders' feet, ordering her familiar to take a slightly different path (same rough direction, but not the exact same or invisibility would be useless...)
She is concerned the demon brought friends, which is why she doesn't want to go too far. Should it be necessary: Elyna's perception (low light vision) [roll1], Familiar's Perception (blindsight 30ft) [roll2]

Elyna vanishes, moving silently back from the two aligned outsiders and readying her beautifully encrusted wyrd. She looks frantically left and right for signs of the demon's possible allies. Suddenly, she notices two piles of garbage by the trash bin moving. Two creatures, gaunt but well muscled humanoids with the heads of shaggy goats.

The Incubus slashes his hands through the air, forming a rusted scimitar as they fly into motion. It strikes twice, the first sliding between the plates of the Breastplate of the Hand, but stopping shy of the naturally thick hide of the denizen of Law. The second splashes rusty bits of metal and sparks off the surface of the breastplate.
The two goat-headed monsters emerging from the trash hop out, back up, and bum rush the Hand with reckless abandon. Both narrowly miss him. The incubus shouts something harsh in a bubbling, blistering language.
" Find the girl, grab her and get her back to the King of Dust! Don't waste time with this worthless Lawlicker, leave that to me!"

And So the turn comes round again.

Bansheexero
2019-08-19, 11:08 AM
Suddenly out-manned and with the Samsaran woman disappearing, the Hand decides to stop holding back. He summons his power to vanish so as to allow fate to act unseen. He then resumes his onslaught against the Incubus, this time his blade moves unseen. He decides to ocus on these enemies for the time being, as fate will lead him back to his charge one way or another.

The Hand expends mythic power to not only become invisible, but act as if under greater Invisibility for 10 rounds. (I used an immediate action for Absorb Blow I assume, so becoming invisible would consume a move action instead).

Power Attack vs Incubus, expending legendary power from my weapon for Unstoppable Strike (negates armor/natural armor, etc. Coupled with invis, it should reduce his AC to 10).
[roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3]

Since the Hand has not otherwise moved, he takes a 5 ft step (free action) back, out of melee range after his attack

Imladir
2019-08-19, 11:58 AM
Elyna hesitated for a moment: on the one hand, she didn't want to leave the Axiomite alone to deal with the demons. On the other... she was far from ready to be able to help. The main problem was that she'd need a full minute if she wanted the whole array of defences, which was probably far too long. Something to consider for the future to be sure, but for now, she basically had two choices: wait and hope... or act...and hope.

With a grimace, she moved in such a way that she'd be able to cast an Ear-Piercing Scream on the two goat-like demons at least, the incubus if she could, but avoiding the Axiomite, then cast her spell, hoping to at least disable the two goat demons. She wouldn't cry if the Incubus fell for it though...

Free Action: Once again, a Prediction, hopefully a better one: [roll0]
Move Action: move in such a way that a 30-foot cone hits as many of the demons as possible while avoiding the Hand
Standard Action: Cast Mythic Augmented Ear-Piercing Scream (http://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/earPiercingScream.html#ear-piercing-scream-mythic). I'll make it Potent to increase the DC by 2. So that's [roll1] sonic damage and be Dazzed for 5 rounds, with a Fortitude Save DC 20 to halve damage and negate Dazzed condition. And while it's a spell I have prepared, I'll cast it with Mythic Spellpower to avoid MP cost and Wild Arcana, because...

There's some Spell Resistance to overcome apparently. I have CL = 3, augmented by +2 for SR checks with Potent, and another +2 with Wild Arcana so:
- Incubus: [roll2]
- Goat Demon 1: [roll3]
- Goat Demon 2: [roll4]
If needed, I'll replace one of those three rolls with the Prediction one.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-19, 12:01 PM
Suddenly out-manned and with the Samsaran woman disappearing, the Hand decides to stop holding back. He summons his power to vanish so as to allow fate to act unseen. He then resumes his onslaught against the Incubus, this time his blade moves unseen. He decides to ocus on these enemies for the time being, as fate will lead him back to his charge one way or another.

The Hand expends mythic power to not only become invisible, but act as if under greater Invisibility for 10 rounds. (I used an immediate action for Absorb Blow I assume, so becoming invisible would consume a move action instead).

Power Attack vs Incubus, expending legendary power from my weapon for Unstoppable Strike (negates armor/natural armor, etc. Coupled with invis, it should reduce his AC to 10).
[roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3]

Since the Hand takes a 5 ft step (free action) back, out of melee range after his attack

The Hand steps into the land-between-sight, slicing as he goes with reckless abandon and willful strength. A mighty slash forms across the incubus's flesh and black ichor spews from the wretched creature's wound.
The action turns to Elyna, invisible and standing before the four outsiders as they do battle in the street. In the distance a bell is tolling out fast and shrill. ashes still rain from the sky like grey petals from a mighty dying tree.
The shaggy, goat-headed creatures bleet and gaze around with wild eyes...

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-19, 03:36 PM
Elyna hesitated for a moment: on the one hand, she didn't want to leave the Axiomite alone to deal with the demons. On the other... she was far from ready to be able to help. The main problem was that she'd need a full minute if she wanted the whole array of defences, which was probably far too long. Something to consider for the future to be sure, but for now, she basically had two choices: wait and hope... or act...and hope.

With a grimace, she moved in such a way that she'd be able to cast an Ear-Piercing Scream on the two goat-like demons at least, the incubus if she could, but avoiding the Axiomite, then cast her spell, hoping to at least disable the two goat demons. She wouldn't cry if the Incubus fell for it though...

Free Action: Once again, a Prediction, hopefully a better one: [roll0]
Move Action: move in such a way that a 30-foot cone hits as many of the demons as possible while avoiding the Hand
Standard Action: Cast Mythic Augmented Ear-Piercing Scream (http://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/earPiercingScream.html#ear-piercing-scream-mythic). I'll make it Potent to increase the DC by 2. So that's [roll1] sonic damage and be Dazzed for 5 rounds, with a Fortitude Save DC 20 to halve damage and negate Dazzed condition. And while it's a spell I have prepared, I'll cast it with Mythic Spellpower to avoid MP cost and Wild Arcana, because...

There's some Spell Resistance to overcome apparently. I have CL = 3, augmented by +2 for SR checks with Potent, and another +2 with Wild Arcana so:
- Incubus: [roll2]
- Goat Demon 1: [roll3]
- Goat Demon 2: [roll4]
If needed, I'll replace one of those three rolls with the Prediction one.

The demons roil back, the incubus and goat-headed creatures covering their bleeding ears with their clawed hands and screeching/bleating a terrible cacophany of sound as the wave of screaming energy blasts them. Unfortunately, the hearty demons shrug off the worst of the spellcraft.

Then it comes to their turn.

The Incubus sprays a purple mist from his mouth wildly across the dock street, but without knowing where his opponents are, he misses both with his effect.

Both of the goat-headed creatures bleat angrily and ram through open spaces at the sides of the Incubus, trying to hit the Hand. Both too would strike, if the Hand were not so nimble as to dodge away at the last moment, causing them to bash their heads together, locking horns for a raging moment before resuming their hunt.

In the distance, the sound of a ringing bell grows steadily louder.

Bansheexero
2019-08-19, 05:30 PM
Hoping to remove these agents of entropy, the Hand focuses on his divine conviction and devotion to order and fate to empower him. He then moves around to the side of the Incubus, coming down again with his scythe, hopefully finishing the job.

Activates Judgment - Destruction (+2 sacred bonus to damage rolls)
Moves to the side and slightly behind the Incubus for another attack (does not use unstoppable strike again yet).
Power Attack
Crit?
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add 6d4+48 damage

Edit - due to a typo, I rolled the crit damage on the OoC. It added 62 damage, for a total of 83

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-19, 06:03 PM
Hoping to remove these agents of entropy, the Hand focuses on his divine conviction and devotion to order and fate to empower him. He then moves around to the side of the Incubus, coming down again with his scythe, hopefully finishing the job.

Activates Judgment - Destruction (+2 sacred bonus to damage rolls)
Moves to the side and slightly behind the Incubus for another attack (does not use unstoppable strike again yet).
Power Attack
Crit?
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add 6d4+48 damage

Edit - due to a typo, I rolled the crit damage on the OoC. It added 62 damage, for a total of 83

The Hand slices with wanton abandon at the unaware Incubus, and abyssal gore splatters the street. He reels back, "You haven't seen the last of me you bastard! A scar welting over his diced up face. He steps five feet back, and disappears. The Goatmen scatter to the four winds.

Imladir
2019-08-19, 08:56 PM
Elyna grumbled, obviously displeased by the effects of her spell. For a moment, she considered shooting the fleeing demons down but in the end decided against it as it would create even more of a mess.

For a second, she turned her head in the direction of the bells, then looked back at the Hand. "We should leave now, I'm pretty sure you don't want to answer the questions the people coming are going to ask."

The girl looked towards her familiar who came back and preceded her as she appeared ready to leave the area and resume her walk, albeit at an increased pace compared to before that encounter.

Bansheexero
2019-08-20, 12:24 AM
Not sure who the Samsaran is speaking to, the Hand reappears off to her side. However, he nods and decides her chosen course of action is prudent, and so he follows.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-21, 06:03 PM
The two run through the streets, the sounds of clatterings of guards slowly becoming a more common and closer occurrence. Behind, ahead, around, the noise of armored men moving through the streets comes from everywhere.
"Over here!" shouts a guard as he passes right past the invisible duo, pointing instead to an alleyway with the outlines of the shadow of a goat-shaped head give away the secret hiding place of one of the Goatmen. Several other guards approach, and as the two slink off, they can still hear the sounds of clattering metal, and bleating anguish.

Bansheexero
2019-08-21, 07:05 PM
Considering for a moment that it might be better to take care of those two agents of chaos, but he realizes his duty is to guide the chosen one. So, he keeps his eyes on his charge as he tries to follow as best as possible.

Imladir
2019-08-22, 08:20 AM
As she walked in the streets, Elyna looked around with a frown, obviously trying to spot someone and not liking being unable to. She thoroughly disliked that feeling of knowing that someone was shadowing her but she couldn't do much of anything about it, especially considering that her own invisibility had dropped when she had cast her spell to try to stop the demons - and even if it hadn't, it wouldn't have lasted until that point anyway.

At some point though, with all the guards running around, it became clear she would have to take some measures to avoid being stopped herself. To avoid that, she cast another invisibility while her familiar - Marble - went straight up and disappeared in the night with instructions to get back to inn where she had a room. As for herself, she used her knowledge of the city to take advantage of the five minutes of invisibility the spell afforded her to slip away and disappear by taking a completely different path. She didn't have much against the Hand, but she really didn't want to follow anyone's plans but her own.

Which... Well, it would have to start with her deciding on what those plans were going to be in the first place...

Elyna uses Wild Arcana and three MP to cast an Augmented Mythic Invisibility (http://legacy.aonprd.com/mythicAdventures/mythicSpells/invisibility.html#invisibility-mythic), which means for five minute she's pretty much completely impossible to detect.
She'll use that and her local knowledge to take another path back to her inn.

The idea is probably once there to write a note and send her familiar to take it to her moms, but I'll stop this message here in case something happens.

Bansheexero
2019-08-22, 12:21 PM
Overhearing Elyna's discussion with her familiar, the Hand proceeds to the aforementioned inn, to wait for her. Qhileysome danger might befall his charge, he has faith in fate that she will find him again, and besides, her magic is, at least in the confines of the city, more than capable of protecting her.

While waiting, he consults fate to determine a course of action.

In terms of guiding his charge to her fate, would it be beneficial if the Hand went to pursue the goatmen before she arrives at the inn?

Imladir
2019-08-22, 01:40 PM
Back at the inn, Elyna stepped into her room and closed the door immediately behind her, making sure nothing would be able to follow, waving her arms around to make sure no one was around. Once reasonably satisfied, she sat on the bed and thought about what she wanted to do from then on. After a brief hesitation, she wrote a note.

Moms,
There was an incident at the docks earlier. I'm sure you'll hear quite a bit about it soon, but to sum it up, an Axiomite and an Incubus had some words, and I was in the middle of it. Well, more like behind the Axiomite as the demon stunk terribly, but you get the idea. Anyway, they both want to put their hands on me: apparently both Fate and the King of Dust have plans for me.

I'm not too fond of either options, and I'm afraid I won't be able to stay in the City for a while: after tonight's mess, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that even more people have plans as far as I'm concerned, and it's not like I'm particularly difficult to find... I don't want to stay locked in Nather forever so I was thinking of traveling for a while, see some other planes, stuff like that.

What do you think?
Elyna.

She read her composition, grimaced a bit at some parts, then shrugged and rolled it. Next, she handed the note to Marble, and instructed it to bring the note to her moms and wait for a reply. After that, following a last check to make sure there wasn't anyone in the room that wasn't supposed to be there she went to bed, but found it hard to actually fall asleep...

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-22, 05:43 PM
Overhearing Elyna's discussion with her familiar, the Hand proceeds to the aforementioned inn, to wait for her. Qhileysome danger might befall his charge, he has faith in fate that she will find him again, and besides, her magic is, at least in the confines of the city, more than capable of protecting her.

While waiting, he consults fate to determine a course of action.

In terms of guiding his charge to her fate, would it be beneficial if the Hand went to pursue the goatmen before she arrives at the inn?

The Hand loses his charge, unable to find her as she slinks away. She whispers, "Meet me at the Inn." to her Wyrd, and it flies off into the air as she slinks away. Fate has given you another chance to change your Augury, considering you're lack of knowledge of to where she was headed.

Back at the inn, Elyna stepped into her room and closed the door immediately behind her, making sure nothing would be able to follow, waving her arms around to make sure no one was around. Once reasonably satisfied, she sat on the bed and thought about what she wanted to do from then on. After a brief hesitation, she wrote a note.

Moms,
There was an incident at the docks earlier. I'm sure you'll hear quite a bit about it soon, but to sum it up, an Axiomite and an Incubus had some words, and I was in the middle of it. Well, more like behind the Axiomite as the demon stunk terribly, but you get the idea. Anyway, they both want to put their hands on me: apparently both Fate and the King of Dust have plans for me.

I'm not too fond of either options, and I'm afraid I won't be able to stay in the City for a while: after tonight's mess, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that even more people have plans as far as I'm concerned, and it's not like I'm particularly difficult to find... I don't want to stay locked in Nather forever so I was thinking of traveling for a while, see some other planes, stuff like that.

What do you think?
Elyna.

She read her composition, grimaced a bit at some parts, then shrugged and rolled it. Next, she handed the note to Marble, and instructed it to bring the note to her moms and wait for a reply. After that, following a last check to make sure there wasn't anyone in the room that wasn't supposed to be there she went to bed, but found it hard to actually fall asleep...

Elyna slips away from the strange blinkingly invisible axiomite, after telling her Familiar to "meet her at the inn." Careful not to mention which inn in front of the law-man. Then retires to The Wrinkled Clock in safety, being sure that she has not been followed.
Sinking down onto a chair for the first time all day, she feels the sense of light-headed euphoria that comes to a long day's end. She then writes her letter, and sends it away.
Sleep comes slowly, and Elyna finds herself in a fit of minor paranoia, unable to avoid the urge to wave about the room every once in awhile. What if they could teleport? What if they can fly through the window? What if they've polymorphed into a bug and crawled into a floorboard? Who knows with these crazy outsiders, right? Three hours later, she manages to go to sleep.
Long and deep, the sleep lasts for eight hours, and in the morning, you find Marble waiting for you with a great bow wrapped around his main gem with a scroll case enclosed.
I will reveal the contents of the letter after The Hand has decided to pass to the next morning as well.

Bansheexero
2019-08-22, 11:39 PM
Deciding that another attempt at Augury might have better results, the Hand beseeches Fate yet again. The goatmen seemed interested in finding her, and no doubt would the Hand have to deal with them at least at some point, so he asks fate about following them to find her, if it would be more effective than simply asking around town.

As far as locating and guiding the Samsaran girl he was sent to guide and protect, how would I fair if I chose to pursue the goatmen demons, as they seemed interested in pursuing her, over simply doing a standard search of the various inns and asking around for her?
Hard to phrase questions in such a way that they can be answered via "weal" or "woe"

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-23, 06:21 AM
Deciding that another attempt at Augury might have better results, the Hand beseeches Fate yet again. The goatmen seemed interested in finding her, and no doubt would the Hand have to deal with them at least at some point, so he asks fate about following them to find her, if it would be more effective than simply asking around town.

As far as locating and guiding the Samsaran girl he was sent to guide and protect, how would I fair if I chose to pursue the goatmen demons, as they seemed interested in pursuing her, over simply doing a standard search of the various inns and asking around for her?
Hard to phrase questions in such a way that they can be answered via "weal" or "woe"

"Weal" says the universe in reply.

Bansheexero
2019-08-23, 11:45 AM
Taking this clue to heart, the Hand returns to the scene where he saw the goatmen had fled to, hoping to find them or looking for any sign of them. Should they not be there, he has decided he would ask around for any clue, deactivating his Invisibility as necessary.

Maintaining stealth when relevant.
Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Knowledge (Planes) [roll2] in case there is some evidence specific to their demon nature
Diplomacy to ask around [roll3] (this uses my Cha modifier, Student of Philosophy only covers improving attitudes)

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-23, 01:17 PM
Taking this clue to heart, the Hand returns to the scene where he saw the goatmen had fled to, hoping to find them or looking for any sign of them. Should they not be there, he has decided he would ask around for any clue, deactivating his Invisibility as necessary.

Maintaining stealth when relevant.
Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Knowledge (Planes) [roll2] in case there is some evidence specific to their demon nature
Diplomacy to ask around [roll3] (this uses my Cha modifier, Student of Philosophy only covers improving attitudes)

Following the clues of tufts of wild goat hair and blood, the Hand finds a trail leading off between two garbage bins in an alleyway. Underneath an awning on the right-hand side of the alley, he finds a lone goatman. The trail of ichorous black blood dribbled down the alleyway seems to imply that it escaped the guards by hiding under one of the garbage bins, and it is covered in summoning dust, likely from it's fallen compatriots from after they'd been beaten. It bleats a lowly bleat in abyssal and calls out with it's mind.
"Free me from this mortal coil, lawlicker. We both know I'm not going to tell you what you want to know. It would be a waste of your time to try."

It sneers and spits blackblood on your boots.

Bansheexero
2019-08-23, 02:24 PM
Following the clues of tufts of wild goat hair and blood, the Hand finds a trail leading off between two garbage bins in an alleyway. Underneath an awning on the right-hand side of the alley, he finds a lone goatman. The trail of ichorous black blood dribbled down the alleyway seems to imply that it escaped the guards by hiding under one of the garbage bins, and it is covered in summoning dust, likely from it's fallen compatriots from after they'd been beaten. It bleats a lowly bleat in abyssal and calls out with it's mind.
"Free me from this mortal coil, lawlicker. We both know I'm not going to tell you what you want to know. It would be a waste of your time to try."

It sneers and spits blackblood on your boots.

Trying to get a read on it, seeing if it is trying to set me up or otherwise withhold something [roll0]

Holding his scythe, the Hand gazes down at the wounded creature. His eyes flare with heated hatred towards it. He grips the creature, pulling it close and says, "There are far worse things I can do to you than death, I assure you. Now there must be more of you, where are they headed, they must be still after that woman.

Grapple check to grab the goatman [roll1] this offers the goatman an AoO, which if it hits, I will expend mythic power for Absorb Blow.

Intimidate check [roll2] I believe the DC is 10+1/2 HD of creature + its Wis modifier, though I could be wrong.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-23, 06:54 PM
Trying to get a read on it, seeing if it is trying to set me up or otherwise withhold something [roll0]

Holding his scythe, the Hand gazes down at the wounded creature. His eyes flare with heated hatred towards it. He grips the creature, pulling it close and says, "There are far worse things I can do to you than death, I assure you. Now there must be more of you, where are they headed, they must be still after that woman.

Grapple check to grab the goatman [roll1] this offers the goatman an AoO, which if it hits, I will expend mythic power for Absorb Blow.

Intimidate check [roll2] I believe the DC is 10+1/2 HD of creature + its Wis modifier, though I could be wrong.

The broken body of the goatman offers no resistance as you haul him up. His bleating turns to raspy screams as you hear him speak into your mind in a burbling voice "I'll tell you! I'll tell you I swear upon the head of lord Baphomet I will! They're headed to the Wretched Mothman inn! Our sources tell us a Samsaran is amongst the denizens there! Now end me you *bleating* lawlicker!"

Bansheexero
2019-08-23, 08:31 PM
The broken body of the goatman offers no resistance as you haul him up. His bleating turns to raspy screams as you hear him speak into your mind in a burbling voice "I'll tell you! I'll tell you I swear upon the head of lord Baphomet I will! They're headed to the Wretched Mothman inn! Our sources tell us a Samsaran is amongst the denizens there! Now end me you *bleating* lawlicker!"

What guarantee that you are telling the truth? I think I'll keep you around for a bit, just to make sure.

The Hand binds the hands, feet, and mouth of the creature using silk rope, then tosses him on his shoulder as he makes his way to the inn he mentioned.

Just checking to see if the goatman is being truthful and see if he is hiding anything (done before his mouth is bound).
Sense Motive [roll0]

Imladir
2019-08-24, 06:51 AM
Before she opened the scroll case, Elyna looked at the bow tied around Marble's core, wondering for a moment if she wanted to keep it that way. The gems were nice and all, but maybe some accessories would make it even better. Though... Maybe not a bow. Maybe a scarf? Or a sort of scarf anyway, since there was no neck.

And maybe she could wear a matching one? She'd need to find the right colour though, not everything worked with blue. Maybe a white one? For a while, she thought about it, and decided to do just that. Or well, to add that to her list of things to do. But first she'd need to find some kind of nice cloth to make the scarf: where would be the fun picking boring stuff like velvet, silk or wool after all?

[roll0][roll1]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-24, 07:51 AM
What guarantee that you are telling the truth? I think I'll keep you around for a bit, just to make sure.

The Hand binds the hands, feet, and mouth of the creature using silk rope, then tosses him on his shoulder as he makes his way to the inn he mentioned.

Just checking to see if the goatman is being truthful and see if he is hiding anything (done before his mouth is bound).
Sense Motive [roll0]

The Goatman believes what he says. The others are going to to an inn called the Wretched Mothman.
You arrive there some time just before morning light, having spent two hours walking the city streets. Once there, you can see a gang of Goatmen just walking in as you arrive.

Bansheexero
2019-08-24, 09:27 AM
When the last of the goatmen step into the inn, the Hand decloaks. He pats his captive sardonically, while branding the word SNITCH on his forehead.

"Don't worry, I won't kill you. Can't speak for the rest of your comrades, but they'll all know you gave up information so easily. Even if you do die, when you reform, that brand I just gave you will remain."

He sets the bound creature on the ground and imbues himself with divine energy.

He casts brand on the goatman, then casts Divine Favor which with Fate's Favored grants +2 to attack and damage.

The Hand then walks through the entrance to the inn. He stealthily locks the door behind him, unstealthing for a moment. He tosses his captive on the ground, in the middle of the other goatmen. "I believe this belongs to you. He was super helpful in finding you all. Be sure to pay him back for that."

The Hand then vanishes from view.

Tosses the goatman, then spends mythic power for greater Invisibility

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-24, 09:43 AM
When the last of the goatmen step into the inn, the Hand decloaks. He pats his captive sardonically, while branding the word SNITCH on his forehead.

"Don't worry, I won't kill you. Can't speak for the rest of your comrades, but they'll all know you gave up information so easily. Even if you do die, when you reform, that brand I just gave you will remain."

He sets the bound creature on the ground and imbues himself with divine energy.

He casts brand on the goatman, then casts Divine Favor which with Fate's Favored grants +2 to attack and damage.

The Hand then walks through the entrance to the inn. He stealthily locks the door behind him, unstealthing for a moment. He tosses his captive on the ground, in the middle of the other goatmen. "I believe this belongs to you. He was super helpful in finding you all. Be sure to pay him back for that."

The Hand then vanishes from view.

Tosses the goatman, then spends mythic power for greater Invisibility

The Goatmen bleat in anguish, the scant other customers around jump to their feet, startled by the sudden upheaval, already nervous from the presence of demons. They turn to each other, and begin chanting in a burbling language. Their twin-pupiled eyes begin to glow with a fell light, dark and terrible. As they gaze around however, they seem oblivious to the presence of the Hand. They begin to sniff at the wind, but to no avail. Their turn ends as they move in on the branded one, a malicious steam rising from each of them in wide circles of black-fog.

Bansheexero
2019-08-24, 02:59 PM
The Hand scans the room to see what they are doing and who is leading it.

Spellcraft check [roll0]
Sense Motive (to find leader) [roll1]
Knowledge (Planes) if applicable [roll2]

He then advances upon the lead ritualist, striking with divine precision.

Expends legendary power from weapon for Unstoppable Strike (With Invisibility, reduces AC to 10)
Power Attack [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
If Crit add [roll6]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-26, 01:10 AM
The Hand scans the room to see what they are doing and who is leading it.

Spellcraft check [roll0]
Sense Motive (to find leader) [roll1]
Knowledge (Planes) if applicable [roll2]

He then advances upon the lead ritualist, striking with divine precision.

Expends legendary power from weapon for Unstoppable Strike (With Invisibility, reduces AC to 10)
Power Attack [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
If Crit add [roll6]

A cursory glance over their rituals reveals their use of "protection from good" and "see invisibility" though it appears neither will truly help them.

The blade slashes invisibly from the Hand, slicing the foremost of the goatmen, one with a large nose ring, clean in twain. Black ichorous blood splashes the ground as people begin to fumble with the locked door. "Who locked this! Get me out of here!" some people cry from the back of the room.

Bansheexero
2019-08-26, 08:05 AM
Not wasting any time, the Hand steps over the bisected goatman and follows up by attacking another close by.

Moves towards the next nearest goatman and attacks.
Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3] damage

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-26, 01:11 PM
Not wasting any time, the Hand steps over the bisected goatman and follows up by attacking another close by.

Moves towards the next nearest goatman and attacks.
Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

His second cut drags wide across the ground, offset by a foul swing, and the Hand winces as he passes near next to his target, the second goatman bleats in shock! It swings a halberd loose from it's sheath and manages by sheer luck to slice across the surface of the Hand's chest (8 damage). The others in the room watch in amazement as blue essentia mists out from the sudden wound before fading back in invisibility. They move into placement around the spot of the mist. Two swing wide, looking in fear around the room with twisted demonic pupils swinging wildly. One swings a grazing blow, not hard enough to pierce the thickness of the Hand's hide. The last swings true, chopping the halberd down in a sickening "thunk" into his shoulder. (8 damage)

Bansheexero
2019-08-26, 03:26 PM
Wincing from pain, the Hand swings again at the goatman he missed, this time readying himself to be attacked.

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3]

*If enemy dies, take a move action to circle behind the second goatman that hit me.

**If attacked, use Mirror Dodge, which negates damage and leaves an illusory copy of me. I would like to teleport directly behind the second goatman that hit me

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-26, 04:31 PM
Wincing from pain, the Hand swings again at the goatman he missed, this time readying himself to be attacked.

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3]

*If enemy dies, take a move action to circle behind the second goatman that hit me.

**If attacked, use Mirror Dodge, which negates damage and leaves an illusory copy of me. I would like to teleport directly behind the second goatman that hit me

The Hand strikes true, the blade slicing clean through another goatman! He slides invisible amongst them, towards the back of one who had struck him. Meanwhile, the Goatmen leash out angry hell on the empty space where he was with hungry halberd chops and stabs.

Bansheexero
2019-08-27, 09:11 AM
As the goatmen swing at the air where the Hand used to be, he slices down on the next target, hopefully making short work of it.

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Also, take a 5 ft step after attack, moving diagonally to stay within reach of the goatman I just attacked in case I do not slay it

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-27, 12:27 PM
As the goatmen swing at the air where the Hand used to be, he slices down on the next target, hopefully making short work of it.

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Also, take a 5 ft step after attack, moving diagonally to stay within reach of the goatman I just attacked in case I do not slay it

A wide swing arches at a bad angle to the enraged goatman, whiffing the air next to him with a *schlick*. The four remaining adjust, swinging halberds down on their wildest guess. All four pinpoint the location to strike, yet the Hand still dodges swipes from two of them, weaving like a needle through cloth around their blades. One hits him in the back, slicing a gash along his shoulder blade (6 damage) and another stabs a serious wound into the Hand's stomach (13 damage). Tension trickles down the Hand's forehead with the beads of sweat. Outside in the high-set windows, the sun peaks over building tops now...

Bansheexero
2019-08-27, 01:11 PM
After missing his swing, the Hand continues his strategy of attacking and moving, working to methodically take the remaining goatmen out.

Taking several turns worth of actions to speed things along a bit. After each attack, the Hand will take a 5 ft step, but remain in melee range of the target until he slays it, and will then move to the side of the next one if it is slain. I will make several attack/damage rolls to fill in the gaps.

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit add [roll3]

Power Attack [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
If Crit add [roll7]

Power Attack [roll8]
Crit? [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
If Crit add [roll11]

Power Attack [roll12]
Crit? [roll13]
Damage [roll14]
If Crit add [roll15]

Power Attack [roll16]
Crit? [roll17]
Damage [roll18]
If Crit add [roll19]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-28, 08:01 AM
After missing his swing, the Hand continues his strategy of attacking and moving, working to methodically take the remaining goatmen out.

Taking several turns worth of actions to speed things along a bit. After each attack, the Hand will take a 5 ft step, but remain in melee range of the target until he slays it, and will then move to the side of the next one if it is slain. I will make several attack/damage rolls to fill in the gaps.

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit add [roll3]

Power Attack [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
If Crit add [roll7]

Power Attack [roll8]
Crit? [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
If Crit add [roll11]

Power Attack [roll12]
Crit? [roll13]
Damage [roll14]
If Crit add [roll15]

Power Attack [roll16]
Crit? [roll17]
Damage [roll18]
If Crit add [roll19]

One by one, the Hand slices down his enemies, their faltered blows irrelevant, save for a last dying stab from the final goatman (8 damage).
The Hand slouches back, slumping into a chair, still slicked with black blood. By the door, people rush outside, having finally got it open. The floor was an ochre puddle of tar, the walls and ceiling still dripping with the slick of demon viscera. Sun shines down through the high windows, streaks on the glass shadowing the room in splotches.
"What's all the noise going on down here!" a smooth male voice calls from the stairs leading to the guest quarters.
The man who descended the stairs was as full of poise as his skin was blue. A cane in one hand and a metal contraption like a miniature cannon in his other, stepping into view, he shouted into the empty room, "Where the hell is everyone?" and "What in the name of the Waking Gods happened here?
The man was a samsaran.
The information the demons had gotten was bad.

Meanwhile at the Wrinkled Clock, Elyna stretches wide under the dappled rays of a new day. There was some commotion down the street last night, and it kept Elyna from sleeping for several hours in her own paranoia. Now, rising sleepy from her rented bed, she sits at a table by the window to read her missive.

"Dearest Daughter,

It sounds like you've been having a real *hell* of a time! (Sorry, Thedilhris insisted I write that down) We can't say that we've had too much involvement in these kinds of affairs for a few decades, but from what I recall, Fate is a pretty good egg. There was an inevitable we knew for awhile, Sinecar Prime I think was the name, he was a loyal companion in our exploration days. the King of Dust is an old name in the demonic circles, I hear he runs things out of the Plane of Screaming Winds. We tossled with him once, but he ran us on a wild goose chase and...well, that's all a long story.
I'd say a vacation from the city sounds in order. Not sure how you got the attention of such big names, but with your skill, it's no wonder some players are taking an interest. Head down to the docks and charter with a submersible. We're sure you'll pick a nice new place to explore. Just remember to write.

Love,
Moms"

Imladir
2019-08-28, 09:47 AM
With a yawn, Elyna read the scroll. By the end of it, she blinked and realizing she had no idea what it actually said, she went through it a second time. She then laid down on her bed, looking at the ceiling while she thought about it, and tried to decide what to do. She had no idea about where the Axiomite was and there was no way she was going to try to find him. First because he was invisible, second because it would draw far too much attention to herself. And third...well, if his Fate was with him, maybe he'd find her?

Finally, with a shrug, she stood up and decided that the first thing on the agenda was to clean herself up and prepare a few things. Once clean, she adjusted her prepared spells a bit, and grabbing a few things here and there proceeded to alter her appearance. She couldn't do much about her height, but she could at least make her skin and hair take a more human color for a bit. She briefly opened the window to let her familiar out, instructing it to follow her from a distance, and to only come back to her when she gave the signal.

Then, making her clothes appear like simple pants and tunic, she put her backpack on with a groan - promising herself the first thing she'd do when she could afford it was to deal with that issue - grabbed her spear and went out, heading to the docks to grab a submersible. Which one, she didn't know, and...well, she decided she'd take the first that came. Or the second one, if the first one led to some dark place. Or... well, the first one that would bring her to some interesting place...and that she could afford.

Elyna adjusted her spell list a bit, which should give an hour for the Hand to recuperate without trouble.
She then disguises herself, using Display of Charisma to get a roll of 1d20+23 (which I'm not supposed to make).
It could make things a bit difficult for the Hand, but he'd just have to find the familiar and follow. Note though that Elyna will only signal at the very last moment.
If it matters, Elyna has +11 to negotiate the ticket's cost.

Bansheexero
2019-08-28, 03:55 PM
After resting to recover his energy and health, the Hand resumes his search for the Samsaran woman who had eluded him previously. First, he once again gags the bound demon, concealing him with a canvas tarp he finds and purchases (not sure on cost, but I figure 5 gp would work). He brands the demon's hands and feet so that neither retain any articulation, preventing it from trying to escape. He also brands the creature's ankles and elbows, weaking his joints further. Threatening the creature, he tells him he will do much worse to it if it does not keep quiet and remain still.

He then asks the male Samsaran if he has seen any of his ilk that match the woman's description, pointing to the visceral mess of what was once a group of demons indicating they were after the woman, but, had the Hand not intervened, it would have been the male Samsaran they would have harmed instead. After that, he asks around town to see if anybody has seen her recently.

Intimidate check vs demon [roll0] (not sure if that would gain any bonuses for having him watch me slaughter for of his kind single-handedly or how I've basically turned him into carry-on luggage.

Diplomacy check to improve attitude of Samsaran man [roll1] (not sure if there are any bonuses from saving his life or not) and hopefully he may have some info on Elyna

Diplomacy check to find the Samsaran woman [roll2]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-28, 10:37 PM
With a yawn, Elyna read the scroll. By the end of it, she blinked and realizing she had no idea what it actually said, she went through it a second time. She then laid down on her bed, looking at the ceiling while she thought about it, and tried to decide what to do. She had no idea about where the Axiomite was and there was no way she was going to try to find him. First because he was invisible, second because it would draw far too much attention to herself. And third...well, if his Fate was with him, maybe he'd find her?

Finally, with a shrug, she stood up and decided that the first thing on the agenda was to clean herself up and prepare a few things. Once clean, she adjusted her prepared spells a bit, and grabbing a few things here and there proceeded to alter her appearance. She couldn't do much about her height, but she could at least make her skin and hair take a more human color for a bit. She briefly opened the window to let her familiar out, instructing it to follow her from a distance, and to only come back to her when she gave the signal.

Then, making her clothes appear like simple pants and tunic, she put her backpack on with a groan - promising herself the first thing she'd do when she could afford it was to deal with that issue - grabbed her spear and went out, heading to the docks to grab a submersible. Which one, she didn't know, and...well, she decided she'd take the first that came. Or the second one, if the first one led to some dark place. Or... well, the first one that would bring her to some interesting place...and that she could afford.

Elyna adjusted her spell list a bit, which should give an hour for the Hand to recuperate without trouble.
She then disguises herself, using Display of Charisma to get a roll of 1d20+23 (which I'm not supposed to make).
It could make things a bit difficult for the Hand, but he'd just have to find the familiar and follow. Note though that Elyna will only signal at the very last moment.
If it matters, Elyna has +11 to negotiate the ticket's cost.

A brisk walk brings Elyna to the docks, a busy day bustles all around her and the pungent smell of salt and sweat is everywhere. Just two feet away, a man chops the heads off of fish, and only ten feet down the street another merchant sells strings of pearls, hocking loudly every few minutes to refill his lungs with precious air. People push past and swerve around in all directions. Six submersibles lay loot-laiden in the lake, listing languidly from left to right as men and women like ants scrounge upon and inside them. After asking around, Elyna finds that only four of them are accepting crew. The other two, one destined for Haelgrindth (the lawful evil subtractitive plane) and the other headed for Qualontar, the land of Unfolding Hills (Earth, Law, and Additively aligned).
Of the four that are accepting crew:
The first is 824, headed for the Undying Seas (Water, Chaotic, Additive). They carry a stock of Abyssean Crab-Spawn and seek trade in the floating city of Tanris. It is crewed entirely by swarthy unwashed folk and the look of the crew is tense, like a rope about to snap. the captain is a loud, cold man with a choppy complexion and a bushy mustache.
The second is 915, headed for the Color-Mountain-Waves (Air, Neutrality, Null). They carry twenty empty tankards, to be filled with color-vapor from the fabulous cloud-mountains of the Color-Mountain-Waves. The crew is mostly experienced sailors, with a few on-hand staff of various professions otherwise. The mood appears to be excitement, with a few more colorful characters among the bunch. The captain is a one-armed dwarf, his ability to climb the ropes of the ship unfettered is as fascinating as it is mildly unsettling.
The third is 119, setting sail on the cosmological waters for the Ghostly Palace (A material-adjacent plane), intent on buying sweet amaranthine nectar from the ethereal plane and hauling it back to the prime. The crew is an eclectic band of armored men, unpacking an awful lot of weapons for a trip that aught to be trade related. The captain is a shut-mouth, a devotee of the god Keileth who has offered their silence up in the name of their god, and thus had his mouth sewn shut. He issues a variety of hand signs across the deck, signalling to and fro.
The fourth is 202, voyaging toward Numeraliah (Law, Neutrality, Additive). They bring sweetwines from Val-Helal and wood from the ancient forests of Lao-Seth and seek to buy finished goods. The crew is in dire need of a reprieve from work, all grumbling about the number of jobs they've taken on lately. The captain is a Hobgoblin with a large handlebar mustache and piercing, uncharacteristic green eyes.
All four are hiring for the price of labor...

After resting to recover his energy and health, the Hand resumes his search for the Samsaran woman who had eluded him previously. First, he once again gags the bound demon, concealing him with a canvas tarp he finds and purchases (not sure on cost, but I figure 5 gp would work). He brands the demon's hands and feet so that neither retain any articulation, preventing it from trying to escape. He also brands the creature's ankles and elbows, weaking his joints further. Threatening the creature, he tells him he will do much worse to it if it does not keep quiet and remain still.

He then asks the male Samsaran if he has seen any of his ilk that match the woman's description, pointing to the visceral mess of what was once a group of demons indicating they were after the woman, but, had the Hand not intervened, it would have been the male Samsaran they would have harmed instead. After that, he asks around town to see if anybody has seen her recently.

Intimidate check vs demon [roll0] (not sure if that would gain any bonuses for having him watch me slaughter for of his kind single-handedly or how I've basically turned him into carry-on luggage.

Diplomacy check to improve attitude of Samsaran man [roll1] (not sure if there are any bonuses from saving his life or not) and hopefully he may have some info on Elyna

Diplomacy check to find the Samsaran woman [roll2]

The demon bucks and haws against his restraints all the harder, wriggling and writhing incessantly. branding and harming it is easy enough, but getting it to stop moving would be a near impossibility at this point, as it froths at the mouth and bleats loudly.
The man walks over, his tall form stately in a rouge monk's gi. He places a hand on the demon for a moment, and then cracks it's skull open with his open palm.
"You mean well, I can tell that much, but you may want to flee now. You hardly had a permit to dispense citizen's justice here, and from what I can see, it doesn't look like the demons harmed anyone first."
He looks the Hand deep in the eyes, purple gemlike pupil against cyan axiomite eye.
"You're looking for the girl then? She's in an inn not too far from here. I'd show you, but I've got a submersible to catch. See you on the 915." He winks, then glides on out the open door.

Outside the sirens wail, and as the guards come into view in the morning light, the Hand has already vanished, up the stairs and out a window onto the rooftops, moving invisibly from shingle-topped villa, to garden, to aprtment building and onward, searching for the girl.

In a few sparse moments he was down amongst the crowd again, asking around on the streets for a samsaran that housed nearby. Unbeknownst to the Hand, an ioun wyrd hovers by but fifty feet above, unnoticed amongst the gulls...

Bansheexero
2019-08-29, 12:13 AM
The Hand continues searching for the woman. He enters the inn the old man mentioned, but finds no trace of her. He thinks to himself, What was the number of that submersible he mentioned? 915? Perhaps I should head there and see if he might have any more information.

He beseeches Fate yet again to guide his actions.

If I am to locate and meet up with the female Samsaran I met yesterday, would going to the submersible 915 the old man mentioned bring me any closer to this goal?

Also, Perception check as I try to see where she is (though given her disguise check, I doubt it would work. [roll0]

Imladir
2019-08-29, 09:49 AM
Elyna took a moment to consider the question of which of the six - or rather four - submersibles she should pick. She directly eliminated the 824 as she really didn't want to spend any amount of time in the company of an unwashed and nervous crew: neither her nose nor her nerves would survive for long. She was curious about the 119, wondering what was the need for so many weapons, but quickly decided that she didn't want to know, and probably wouldn't like the answer if she did.

That left two. Or at least she wanted to pretend the choice wasn't obvious, but between Numeraliah not being her preferred plane and a displeased crew, that left her little choice. Not that she was against 915, not at all. The crew seemed alright, nothing looked fishy, and the Color-Mountain-Waves was a decent destination, or not worse than many at any rate. In fact, her only problem with that choice was that it was an obvious choice: anyone looking for her and who knew even a little bit of her, would know that if she left in a submersible, it would be that one.

Sadly, she didn't have the option of pretending to leave in another submersible and not leaving wasn't really an option especially now that she had told her moms she would do just that. She could only hope it would take a bit of time for those looking for her to realize it, long enough for her to get away.

Her decision taken, she approached the captain. "Good morning Captain." She waited for him to finish whatever he was doing, then continued. "I'm looking for passage to the Color-Mountain-Waves, and I hear you're hiring for it?" She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for a nod of confirmation. "As for why you'd be interested in me, I'm a Wizard," she touched a nearby rope that started to emit light as a way to prove her claim, "And maybe more importantly, I speak Auran fluently."

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-29, 12:24 PM
The Hand continues searching for the woman. He enters the inn the old man mentioned, but finds no trace of her. He thinks to himself, What was the number of that submersible he mentioned? 915? Perhaps I should head there and see if he might have any more information.

He beseeches Fate yet again to guide his actions.

If I am to locate and meet up with the female Samsaran I met yesterday, would going to the submersible 915 the old man mentioned bring me any closer to this goal?

Also, Perception check as I try to see where she is (though given her disguise check, I doubt it would work. [roll0]

Heading to the docks, you stop in an alleyway to make an augury. Drawing on Fate, you ask your question to the universe, and the universe in reply answers Weal.
The smell of salt is heavy in the air and thick in the nose as the Hand reaches the docks. A vast stretch of wooden planks marks the grand piers of Lao-Seth's shore. Huge submersibles, metal hulls hoisting marker flags to their many destinations, sit lazing in the sun and splash.
The 915 sits second in the bay, a host of upbeat and eclectic sailors hauling crates into it as the bright undaunted sun shines down upon them, and a one-armed dwarf witha captain's cap is bartering with a woman dressed in plain clothes. Above, the Hand's keen senses spot the ioun wyrd, floating about in the watery breeze some ways above the 915...

Elyna took a moment to consider the question of which of the six - or rather four - submersibles she should pick. She directly eliminated the 824 as she really didn't want to spend any amount of time in the company of an unwashed and nervous crew: neither her nose nor her nerves would survive for long. She was curious about the 119, wondering what was the need for so many weapons, but quickly decided that she didn't want to know, and probably wouldn't like the answer if she did.

That left two. Or at least she wanted to pretend the choice wasn't obvious, but between Numeraliah not being her preferred plane and a displeased crew, that left her little choice. Not that she was against 915, not at all. The crew seemed alright, nothing looked fishy, and the Color-Mountain-Waves was a decent destination, or not worse than many at any rate. In fact, her only problem with that choice was that it was an obvious choice: anyone looking for her and who knew even a little bit of her, would know that if she left in a submersible, it would be that one.

Sadly, she didn't have the option of pretending to leave in another submersible and not leaving wasn't really an option especially now that she had told her moms she would do just that. She could only hope it would take a bit of time for those looking for her to realize it, long enough for her to get away.

Her decision taken, she approached the captain. "Good morning Captain." She waited for him to finish whatever he was doing, then continued. "I'm looking for passage to the Color-Mountain-Waves, and I hear you're hiring for it?" She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for a nod of confirmation. "As for why you'd be interested in me, I'm a Wizard," she touched a nearby rope that started to emit light as a way to prove her claim, "And maybe more importantly, I speak Auran fluently."

The wizened dwarf looks as wrinkly as he does salty, with a drooping grey beard that braids into his belt in large ropy strands. He turns a sun-dappled eye to Elyna. "Aye miss, 've got room if'n yer lookin' ter board. Could use someone else what speaks the native sprite-talk. Gots an archaeologist, a Saint-Blood, an' a monastic type aboard, s' far as the wizardy type go, always lookin' fer able hands an' quick wits on the Colors. Got ye any magic what can help a ship? A glowin' rope might be useful in the night, but its not so impressive under a bright sky.

Imladir
2019-08-29, 01:45 PM
Elyna blinked a couple of times as she looked at the captain, obviously a bit confused by his way of talking. After a few seconds, she shook her head then shrugged. "Well, maybe? I'm no expert at this kind of things, so I can hardly tell what would be useful and what wouldn't be."

She looked at the ship, squinting, then back at the captain. "On the other hand... It'd go beyond simply paying for passage, but I am sure there are a lot of things I could do for the ship itself, or the crew. For example... What about making sure that no matter what, the food and water in your pantry is always pure? In fact, what if you could get water from anywhere, even the sea, and have it good to drink? Or making sure keeping everyone - and their clothes - clean and fresh becomes quite easy? I'd bet that would be good both for business and crew morale."

She shrugged again. "I think it's more a question of what you'd want, than what I could do for you. Well, as long as it's not something huge, I'm not an Archmage or something..."

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-29, 06:51 PM
Elyna blinked a couple of times as she looked at the captain, obviously a bit confused by his way of talking. After a few seconds, she shook her head then shrugged. "Well, maybe? I'm no expert at this kind of things, so I can hardly tell what would be useful and what wouldn't be."

She looked at the ship, squinting, then back at the captain. "On the other hand... It'd go beyond simply paying for passage, but I am sure there are a lot of things I could do for the ship itself, or the crew. For example... What about making sure that no matter what, the food and water in your pantry is always pure? In fact, what if you could get water from anywhere, even the sea, and have it good to drink? Or making sure keeping everyone - and their clothes - clean and fresh becomes quite easy? I'd bet that would be good both for business and crew morale."

She shrugged again. "I think it's more a question of what you'd want, than what I could do for you. Well, as long as it's not something huge, I'm not an Archmage or something..."

With a sigh and a smirk he looks away for a second, pondering over some distant memory, then the old dwarf lifts his single arm to shake hands. "You'll fit in just fine."
After the handshake he immediately puts Elyna to work loading canisters with the others.
She rounds the bend of the vessel, and as her eyes meet those of the crew she is immediately drawn to noticing that one of them, a tall, middle-aged man, has the distinct blue skin of a Samsaran. His head is shaven but his eyes are still a piercing purple color. What are the chances that another Samsaran could be on this journey? It is rare to meet those of her kind after all. Among them also are two women, one an elderly yet spry grippli of a deep sapphire hue, the other, a tiefling girl not much older in appearance than Elyna herself, her skin a shadow-shade of poison-purple; The palms of her hands and her horns alike, both blue.
" 's tha stranges' thin'..." he says as he rounds the corner after her. "Ahl me vol'nteers be kinda blue t'day, sep' fer ye."
He waves his one hand at the sea and smiles a smile half as bright as the shining sun that even now twinkles in his eyes, "Ah ken-sitter it a blessin' from tha Weave."
He points at a bundle of metal cones with nozzles on each end. "Ge' ta earnin' yer keep now miss."

Bansheexero
2019-08-29, 11:39 PM
The Hand searches around for the Samsaran woman and sees she is speaking with the captain. While cloaked and somewhat distant, he waits until they are finished and the woman steps aboard the vessel, as he did not wish to spook her. He then uncloaks and asks the captain what the rate was for passage on the submersible. He states that beyond monetary payment, he could work on the ship if it would help. He may not know the ins and outs of sailing, but he is quite strong. Also, while he does not have the same magical prowess as the Samsaran woman, he is able to heal others should the need arise.

Stealth to stay out of sight from Elyna[roll0]
Diplomacy check for Captain to improve his mood and ask for passage aboard the vessel [roll1]

Imladir
2019-08-30, 05:12 AM
Elyna looked obviously confused the whole time she spoke with the captain, having clear difficulties understanding what he was saying. At least she understood the shaking of hands well enough, even if it was always feeling awkward to her.

She seemed clearly surprised when she noticed the other Samsaran, muttering darkly about "Fate", but didn't say much of anything about his presence or the other two women, merely commenting with a "Blue, eh... Well, maybe I'll change that just to fit in?"

Given the instruction to earn her keep, Elyna blinked clearly a bit puzzled. Before she approached the indicated spot, she placed her gear somewhere she was sure it wouldn't be left behind, then went to study the cones for a moment. She supposed the captain wanted her to clean them so she looked around for the required instruments and went to work...her own way: she had no intention to tire herself our when she could do it without exerting herself, and probably more efficiently, by using her Mage Hands to do the work. It would after all be much easier to reach parts of the objects like that than if she did so the "normal" way.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-30, 07:27 AM
The Hand searches around for the Samsaran woman and sees she is speaking with the captain. While cloaked and somewhat distant, he waits until they are finished and the woman steps aboard the vessel, as he did not wish to spook her. He then uncloaks and asks the captain what the rate was for passage on the submersible. He states that beyond monetary payment, he could work on the ship if it would help. He may not know the ins and outs of sailing, but he is quite strong. Also, while he does not have the same magical prowess as the Samsaran woman, he is able to heal others should the need arise.

Stealth to stay out of sight from Elyna[roll0]
Diplomacy check for Captain to improve his mood and ask for passage aboard the vessel [roll1]

Waiting around until the captain was finished with the young woman he had been speaking to on the other side of the submersible, the Hand, watches the patterns of Ioun stones floating in their concentric circles about the Wyrd as it floats in the air about a breeze above their heads.
When he comes around, the one-armed eldery dwarf takes a look at the Hand, measuring him up and down for an assessment of character.
"Ye?" he questions curtly.
The Hand begins to tell him that he'd like a place on the ship, expounding upon his powers and their uses. He gets roughly half way through before the swarthy dwarf interrupts, "I canno' un'erstan' yer acc'nt lad. Yer one-o them outer-folk ain't ye? Tongue no' sa use'ta Common eh?"
The dwarf dismisses the thought with the click of the tongue. "If'n ye ken hoist cannis'ers than ye've go' ah place on me ship. C'mon."

The captain takes the hand around the side of the vessel, introducing him with a flourish of the hand to the others. The first one he spots as he rounds the corner is a sight of red on blue- the samsaran from the Wretched Mothman Inn, hauling conical shaped canisters onto the ship. Among them also are two women, one an elderly yet spry grippli of a deep sapphire hue, the other, a tiefling girl not much older in appearance than Elyna was, her skin a shadow-shade of poison-purple; The palms of her hands and her horns alike, both blue. The last among them is a plain looking young woman who is currently using mage hand to scrub the canisters clean.

Elyna looked obviously confused the whole time she spoke with the captain, having clear difficulties understanding what he was saying. At least she understood the shaking of hands well enough, even if it was always feeling awkward to her.

She seemed clearly surprised when she noticed the other Samsaran, muttering darkly about "Fate", but didn't say much of anything about his presence or the other two women, merely commenting with a "Blue, eh... Well, maybe I'll change that just to fit in?"

Given the instruction to earn her keep, Elyna blinked clearly a bit puzzled. Before she approached the indicated spot, she placed her gear somewhere she was sure it wouldn't be left behind, then went to study the cones for a moment. She supposed the captain wanted her to clean them so she looked around for the required instruments and went to work...her own way: she had no intention to tire herself our when she could do it without exerting herself, and probably more efficiently, by using her Mage Hands to do the work. It would after all be much easier to reach parts of the objects like that than if she did so the "normal" way.

The sun trods it's burning path through the sky as Elyna and the rest of the crew make headway on the canisters. Waters chop listlessly a the borders of the submersible and the dock as the middle-aged samsaran takes cleaned canisters from Elyna and sets them in the submersible. Inside, the elderly grippli and the young tiefling organize them into racks on the walls. Work continued for awhile, but before long, the Hand rounds the corner with a fairly grumpy looking captain. It seems the dwarf hasn't taken too fondly to the Hand.

Imladir
2019-08-30, 02:39 PM
Not even a minute in, Elyna was bored out of her mind and looking for something more interesting to do. Her gaze landing on her basket of crabs and slugs, she reached for it and started to examine one of the crabs inside. Her first idea had been to use the chitin of the crabs and a sort of glue made from the slugs to create a new material that could coat armors and improve them. There was one little problem however: she'd need so many crabs and slugs for one armor that she'd probably cause a crab-pocalypse.

So instead, she had changed her mind, and decided to see if she could create some kind of orb or gem-like thing. She'd need to grind the crabs' shell into a powder and use the slugs to produce some sort of resin, but she believed it would be possible. As for knowing what properties it would have... She wasn't sure. Or more precisely, she had no idea. But... There was only one way to know, right?

At that point in her thoughts, she noticed the presence of the Hand at the side of the captain, and she couldn't help but wince. Not that she didn't want to see him: it was better than most alternatives, and she supposed it wouldn't be a bad idea to have him around in case some demons tried something. But if he could find her that easily... "Fate..." She grumbled. Now she could only hope that his Fate was better informed than the Dust dude...

Bansheexero
2019-08-30, 05:40 PM
The hand worked with some of the crew load cargo onto the ship, his strength making his efforts that much easier. Fate had led him here, so he figures he'd embrace it. Also, the captain did not mention a price, so he decided to off his hand with what he could manage. It is his way of balancing the scales of cost vs value.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-08-31, 09:00 PM
Not even a minute in, Elyna was bored out of her mind and looking for something more interesting to do. Her gaze landing on her basket of crabs and slugs, she reached for it and started to examine one of the crabs inside. Her first idea had been to use the chitin of the crabs and a sort of glue made from the slugs to create a new material that could coat armors and improve them. There was one little problem however: she'd need so many crabs and slugs for one armor that she'd probably cause a crab-pocalypse.

So instead, she had changed her mind, and decided to see if she could create some kind of orb or gem-like thing. She'd need to grind the crabs' shell into a powder and use the slugs to produce some sort of resin, but she believed it would be possible. As for knowing what properties it would have... She wasn't sure. Or more precisely, she had no idea. But... There was only one way to know, right?

At that point in her thoughts, she noticed the presence of the Hand at the side of the captain, and she couldn't help but wince. Not that she didn't want to see him: it was better than most alternatives, and she supposed it wouldn't be a bad idea to have him around in case some demons tried something. But if he could find her that easily... "Fate..." She grumbled. Now she could only hope that his Fate was better informed than the Dust dude...

The hand worked with some of the crew load cargo onto the ship, his strength making his efforts that much easier. Fate had led him here, so he figures he'd embrace it. Also, the captain did not mention a price, so he decided to off his hand with what he could manage. It is his way of balancing the scales of cost vs value.

The next three hours of packing go by uneventfully. Afterwards, the captain takes his new crew on a brief tour of the ship. There are three primary magical generators, one for sea, one for land, and one for sky. In this way, the submersible can adapt to any environment. There are a total of twenty cabins aboard, though the excess cabins are stripped out to provide room for cargo, leaving only six, with the captain forgoing the captain's quarters for more space for canisters, instead living in another regular cabin amongst the crew. There is a mess hall on the second floor, fairly small, but quaint, a compact livery stocked with food attached at the wall. Twin arms on either side of the vehicle extend out to form fins, with rigging of rope strung between them and a distinct dorsal fin shaped protrusion off the top. Between the rigging were layers of fairy-filament, which expand into substance to catch currents on air or by sea, or contract when in contact with land.
The job was largely simple; bide your time and steer the ship while it approaches it's destination, then pilot it through the Color-Mountain-Waves portal under the lake and begin filling canisters with errant clouds of colorspray. The portal will take one half day's time to reach, and three days time to pass through, but material plane time won't elapse regularly in comparison the the Color-Mountain-Waves, so the actual time of the trip is one day, which will span a week roughly by causal time.

The first few hours on board, as the submersible begins to expand it's fairy filament and set sail, Elyna preoccupies herself with her craft, formulating possibilities for use of her crabs and slugs. (Roll a Craft of relevant use)
Nearby, across the mess hall/commons, the Samsaran monk sits, eyes closed in a focused meditation. The captain is cooking up the first evening's meal, flipping ingredients with his one arm and the pan alone. It looks like it must be a lot of work for him. The grippli woman is outside, meditating on the ocean salt breeze as it water splashes onto the top of the hull. She rests safely in the pulpit within the rigging, accessed by rig-climbing. The young Tiefling girl is napping in her room, tired from a long few hours of manual labor for one so young. The Hand is taking the job of occasionally adjusting the fins via interior mechanisms, so he flits through for an hour or so in between adjusting them, which takes only a few minutes with his superior strength.

Bansheexero
2019-08-31, 11:19 PM
The Hand, lacking any need to rest, stays out for as long as he is useful, working beyond the shift of any single crew member, as long as he has orders to follow. Afterwards, he does rest, long enough to replenish his connection to fate, should a question arise.

He does take some time to mingle with the passengers as well. He does not need to eat, but at the Captain's insistence, he does try some of the food. He looks around for the Samsaran woman as well.

Perception [roll0]

He does notice the older male Samsaran he met at the inn after massacring the goat demons. Seeing he is in deep meditation, he leaves him be.

Imladir
2019-09-01, 09:30 AM
Through the visit, Elyna was obviously curious, asking lots of very pointed questions about how things worked, particularly regarding the generators and the fins or even what the harvested clouds would be used for. In the end though with the submersible on the way she mostly focused on her crabs and slugs, performing some small experiments to see if she was on the right track or who knew, have an even better idea before she committed to anything.

Before long though, she found herself in the mess, not quite drooling but very obviously waiting for the meal to be done: she was after all quite hungry, having forgotten to eat in the morning. One notable thing however was that focused as she had been on her work, her disguise had started to fade particularly on her hand and her natural blue skin was beginning to show.

Elyna has Visualization of the Mind up for the day, since it helps on her crafts, and she knows quite a bit about engineering: [roll0] (I assume the tools don't help here).

Regarding her crabs & slugs, she will cast Crafter's Fortune to help a bit. With her Traveler's Any Tool, that's Craft (Jewelry): [roll1], and she'll add a Surge on top of that for an additional [roll2].
That comes at a total cost of 3 MP, but it's not like she can't afford it.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-04, 10:24 PM
The Hand, lacking any need to rest, stays out for as long as he is useful, working beyond the shift of any single crew member, as long as he has orders to follow. Afterwards, he does rest, long enough to replenish his connection to fate, should a question arise.

He does take some time to mingle with the passengers as well. He does not need to eat, but at the Captain's insistence, he does try some of the food. He looks around for the Samsaran woman as well.

Perception [roll0]

He does notice the older male Samsaran he met at the inn after massacring the goat demons. Seeing he is in deep meditation, he leaves him be.

The other crew members are an eclectic bunch: Fog-Tongues, the blue grippli, is a planar traveler and astronomer. She spoke with the Hand at length about the planet-bridges of Axis and the best places in the plane to find mulled cider-wine, one of it's more popular exports, as well as what the positions of the stars in Axis mean and how they differ from the material plane's own. Rameric Scaleborn, the young tiefling, keeps mostly to herself, but the Hand did manage to glean from her that she is a Saint-Blood (an individual who was born into the family of a god, a rarity considering divine lineages tend to weaken and become sterile after a few generations) and that she'd rather not talk about her family. The monk, who has announced himself as Omoran, has stayed an arm's length away from the Hand, mostly spending his time poking glances at Elyna when she isn't looking.
The Hand casts his gaze about the room in between operating the fins, scoping the ship's inhabitants for signs of the Samsaran. It was during dinner that he first noticed it. He were eating some of the "fish fry" that the captain had made, with a small side of earth-apple spiced mash, and the Hand had been in the middle of asking the Captain how long he wanted him to work for, when out of the corner of his eye, the Hand astutely spotted the faded blue tinge of skin pigmentation under Elyna's well-disguised make up layer.

Through the visit, Elyna was obviously curious, asking lots of very pointed questions about how things worked, particularly regarding the generators and the fins or even what the harvested clouds would be used for. In the end though with the submersible on the way she mostly focused on her crabs and slugs, performing some small experiments to see if she was on the right track or who knew, have an even better idea before she committed to anything.

Before long though, she found herself in the mess, not quite drooling but very obviously waiting for the meal to be done: she was after all quite hungry, having forgotten to eat in the morning. One notable thing however was that focused as she had been on her work, her disguise had started to fade particularly on her hand and her natural blue skin was beginning to show.

Elyna has Visualization of the Mind up for the day, since it helps on her crafts, and she knows quite a bit about engineering: [roll0] (I assume the tools don't help here).

Regarding her crabs & slugs, she will cast Crafter's Fortune to help a bit. With her Traveler's Any Tool, that's Craft (Jewelry): [roll1], and she'll add a Surge on top of that for an additional [roll2].
That comes at a total cost of 3 MP, but it's not like she can't afford it.

Elyna spent the day doing what she loves to do most; asking questions. To her delight, they were met with answers a'plenty.
The generators work on a system of magic not too dissimilar from the higher tier of magic that created the lake of Lao-Seth in the first place: each submersible acts as a moving node on a ley line. The generators pull energy from the fabric of reality and use it to transdimensionally displace the ship, coating it and it's denizens in a thin layer of magic which glides them through certain substances. The land generator creates a frictious pressure when in contact with earth, causing it to slide along with it's "fins" acting as legs to aim itself. The Sea generator coats the ship in hydrophobic energy, causing it to slide through water with virtually no resistance, venting internal pressure to allow for diving capabilities. Lastly, the air generator negates gravitational pull, allowing the ship to become weight-negative, floating through the air with ease.
The fins of the ship work as guiding forces, spreading out fairy filament in the air to catch certain currents and moving water and earth in appropriate situations. Ten feet long and extendable out to 30ft, these highly modular appendages are the rutters that steer the submersible in all environs.
With a gleam in his eye and a smirk, the captain takes in Elyna's questions about the colorspray. He explains that these canisters, when filled, will be brought to the Valley of Light and Shadow, and sold to beings of pure neutrality. He explains with a wink that the stuff is a powerful hallucinogen and that to these beings it is religiously important.
Dinner comes just as Elyna begins to make headway with her project. By leaving the crab chitin in the slug-sap, she has found that the layers of chitin peel and become pliable. With care, she layers them around each other, forming a pearl of layered reds and whites. She makes a few more, each roughly the size of a knuckle, and tucks into her dish of Fish-fry and Acadian rice.

Bansheexero
2019-09-05, 09:25 AM
While he had chatted with the other passengers on the submersible, the woman he believed to be his Samsaran woman was not one of them. So, he approached her and started some small talk. "So, where are you from? I've spoken with the others, but you seem to avoid me. Why is that? Hopefully I did not offend you somehow. If I did, I apologize."

Bluff check to receive (convincing her that he is not suspicious of her [roll0] plus using a surge [roll1]
Diplomacy if this fails, in order to backtrack and apologize [roll2]

Perception to notice anything inconsistencies in her appearance [roll3]
Sense Motive to get a feel of whether or not she is avoiding telling him something and to see any deception [roll4] and spending a surge [roll5]

Imladir
2019-09-05, 11:25 AM
Elyna listened thoughtfully to the explanation, a few ideas quickly rejected coming to her. She briefly considered the possibility of making a sort of personal submersible - like a yacht for example - but pretty quickly dismissed it. First, she probably wasn't the first one to have that idea, so there had to be a reason it hadn't been done, or at least was not more common. Probably due to space constraints, the generator probably not functional under a given volume or something. Second, while improving things was good, it wasn't really what motivated her: she was much more interested in creating new things.

Far from being shocked at the answer regarding the colorspray, the young girl seemed amused, mostly wondering if someone had tried to mix it with some other stuff, to give it a different flavor or even effects. Sadly, Alchemy wasn't something she knew much about - to not say that she didn't know anything about it - so she wasn't in any position to try.

At dinner, she dug in heartily in the meal, briefly pausing when the Hand talked to her. She looked at him and snorted, but before she answered she drank from her glass of water. "From Nather, I was born - or reborn... - there. And you didn't offend me." Lower, she grumbled. "No more than a random stalker would anyway." After a second, she sighed. "My moms seem to think I can trust you." She squinted. "And since I can't seem to leave you behind like those demons..." She shrugged. "But we'll need rules. Or at least, you need rules. Mostly, I decide what I want and what is good for me. You don't, and you certainly don't take matters in your own hands unless it's to deal with an immediate danger, and only to deal with that." After a short pause, she added. "Though you can make suggestions I suppose..."

As she talked, it was obvious that she didn't mind others hearing that, and either that she didn't care about her disguise...or had simply forgotten about it.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-05, 06:02 PM
Soft, the witchlight burning blue in sconces on the metal walls. Low, the conversation clung idle through the halls. And on and on the evening went, as churning, the green waves outside turned to black as the moon took hold in it's starry procession. Fog-Tongues and Omoran took up a lively conversation about the concept of something they called "the Divine We". The Scaleborn girl came out of her room, and picking up a late dinner she took a seat next to Elyna.
"Hey," she whispered to Elyna, "You're blue too?" she points discretely to Elyna's hand. "That's cool! Are you like a changeling or something?"
Just then, the Captain began to speak up, clanging a spoon on a pan to get everyone's attention.
"Aye, list'n up a mome' will ye? I be Cap'n Cabrell. 's a tough job be'n Cap'n, bu' ah do it well. In 'round five ho'rs we reach the divin' point. After we goo doown, ah want non'a'ye out thar- unless ye got gills."
He looks around for an long moment.
"Hand, ye'll be in charge o' switchin' tha engines oot of primary and secondary use. Tha rest o' ya' get some sleep. Ah'm not yer mum, I'll no turn off tha lights on'ye, bu' the real action starts in eight hours. Ah recommend aht lest five of sleep if'n ye can doown here."
"Any ques'ions?"

Bansheexero
2019-09-05, 11:46 PM
The Hand looks at the captain and says, ["I am more than willing to do as you ask, but I am not a sailor, nor am I familiar with this vessel or any others, so I may need some instruction. Perhaps one of your sailors could assist me in that task."

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-06, 06:53 AM
The Hand looks at the captain and says, ["I am more than willing to do as you ask, but I am not a sailor, nor am I familiar with this vessel or any others, so I may need some instruction. Perhaps one of your sailors could assist me in that task."

"Ah think ye'll find them a bit...quieter tha' most." The Captain says with a smirk, stroking his long beard with his arm. "Perhap' ah sh'uld es'plain." He picks up a cup from off the table, a simple cylinder of metal. He then drops it.
The cup drops from his hand, tumbling down near to the floor, but stops suddenly before clanging to the floor. "Ah believe tha term is 'Unseen Servants'. They run tha more man'ual aspects o' the ship. Fer complex stuff, thars us. Yer a sailor now boy, ah'll teach ye' what ye need ta ken."
"Anythin' else?"

Imladir
2019-09-06, 02:27 PM
"What?" Elyna turned to the Tiefling, then looked at her hand. "Oh, yeah. Apparently it's in. Maybe we should do something about the other two to help them fit in..." She squinted at that, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Sadly - or luckily maybe - before she had the time to really think about it, she was distracted by the captain.

She listened quietly, then her meal finished, she cleaned her plate and fork with a small wave of her hand and a whispered word, leaving both pristine. "Five hours of sleep?" She shook her head, yawning just thinking about it. She grumbled "That's barbarian!" Louder, she added. "Well, I better go to bed right now then."

On the way out of the mess, she glanced at the Unseen Servants and nodded, obviously approving.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-06, 06:01 PM
As Elyna goes off to bed, the Hand is left to wander the cabin with the other crew that remain awake, in between joining the Captain down below for lessons on the mechanisms of the steering fins, which operate under the forceful exertion of large interior metal beams. Much like steering a paddle, but with a much larger degree of force. The Captain calls down adjustments as he scopes around with a telescopic device attached through the roof to the outside hull and the Hand in response heaves with a might that is normally reserved for a small army of unseen servants. (Roll a profession (Sailor) skill check and add 11/2 your strength modifier)

(Respond to these dream sequences in spoilers, so as to obscure the dream from others)
Elyna drifts into slumber, with a meal and a hard day's work under her belt- along with a pouch of several Marine-life Pearls.
Hazy green fills her vision. Not as a solid color, but as an endless fog. The ground is like rough ocean waves frozen in place, with ominous green lights in the frozen deep beneath suggest dull shapes under these glassy waves, fish with monstrous teeth and bulging lightless eyes. No breeze touches the air, the smell is thick and wafting, like seasalt and cigar smoke. Ahead, a huge wave crest suggests a view on the other side for one willing to climb it.

Bansheexero
2019-09-06, 07:46 PM
The Hand does his best to do as directed by the captain, despite never having done anything like this task before. He uses his considerable strength to properly orient the engines properly.

I don't have Profession (sailor), so it is basically a raw Wis roll. You said to add 1.5 x Str to it as well? Spending a Surge to help as well.

Profession (Sailor) [roll0] plus [roll1]

Imladir
2019-09-06, 08:38 PM
When she got in her room, Elyna paused in front of the door - or whatever silly name those had on a boat, she couldn't remember. Then, quickly, she opened the door just enough to go through, slipped in and closed as soon as she was in, briefly waving her arms to make sure no one had tried to pass with her. Sure, she looked silly... And she didn't care. She then gave Marble the instruction to wake her up if the door opened, stripped down to her underwear and went to bed.

Elyna looked around with a grin. Or, well, she decided to grin anyway: a lucid dream! She loved those: she could decide what happened, and if it went somewhere she didn't like, she could always decide to wake up. Well... Unless this was one of her previous lives' memories, but it didn't feel like it.

She made a few grimaces at the frozen fish, sticking her tongue out at the ugliest one. Then after a minute or so she headed to the huge wave, curious to see what her imagination had cooked up for the other side of it.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-07, 12:07 PM
The Hand does his best to do as directed by the captain, despite never having done anything like this task before. He uses his considerable strength to properly orient the engines properly.

I don't have Profession (sailor), so it is basically a raw Wis roll. You said to add 1.5 x Str to it as well? Spending a Surge to help as well.

Profession (Sailor) [roll0] plus [roll1]

With mighty heaves and calculated application of them, The Hand speeds the submersible along. After the first few shoves, the Captain has an idea. He leaves for a moment, returning with metal cables of a shimmering green. "Ye tie these too tha pushin' posts o' tha fins. Then grab onta 'em an give it a right co-ordinated heave on both!" Deciphering his thick accent, you tie the green-metallic cords to the inner mechanisms of the fins, such that the lengths of the cord can reach a center point together. You then stand in that center point and heave both fins at once, sending the ship lurching into a much higher speed.
Captain Cabrell raises his one arm victoriously into the air, fist clenched on a bracing rail as the ship's initial lurch almost knocks him off balance. "Aye Laddy! Jus' li' tha'!" He cheers aloud. "Ah reckon we'll make it to tha dive point in decent time yet!"
The night continues on, heaving the mighty fins not to steer so much as to propel the ship further than the engines could normally do on their own. Cabrell takes a mighty joy in testing the limits of the axiomite before him, and in due time, the others go to sleep around them. The Captain goes to bed last, giving the Hand some quick tips for keeping the ship on track, and leaving it in his capable hands. "After awhile," he explains, "you'll want to let it cruise."

Elyna looked around with a grin. Or, well, she decided to grin anyway: a lucid dream! She loved those: she could decide what happened, and if it went somewhere she didn't like, she could always decide to wake up. Well... Unless this was one of her previous lives' memories, but it didn't feel like it.

She made a few grimaces at the frozen fish, sticking her tongue out at the ugliest one. Then after a minute or so she headed to the huge wave, curious to see what her imagination had cooked up for the other side of it.

As Elyna climbs higher into the green vapors, tumbling over the roiling glass-sea beneath her, she finally crests the top, and looks out over the seascape. To the bleak and desolate horizon, nothing but roiling glass-sea for miles. In a pocket of the sea, a light burns dimly orange, tucked under a nearly collapsed wave-tunnel. A figure sits by the fire there, warming their withered hands in the distant glow. Above, the sun is the symbol of fate, but it's lines and edges are all wicked and winding, barbed with insidious insinuation. beneath the distant sun but above the land, a bony roc wanders the air, sweeping in buzzard circles, swooping down in a clash of glassy shards and unearthly noises, only to rise again with a hideous and gigantic fish in tow.

Imladir
2019-09-07, 04:29 PM
When she finally noticed the sun, Elyna stopped to study it, scowling. There was no way this was as simple as a lucid dream. It was both too vivid and... Well... Weird...

As the roc-like bird flew away with its meal, she nervously looked around, making sure nothing wanted to make her its next meal, then looked in the direction of the light for a few seconds.

With a last dark look in the direction of the sun, she decided to go and see who was there: friend or foe, she didn't know but it probably was important.

Bansheexero
2019-09-07, 10:53 PM
The Hand continues to follow the Captain's instructions. As the others rest, he continues his task as payment for the ride. Though he still fears possible mishap due to his lack of experience.

If necessary, I'll make the same roll you had me do before. Profession (Sailor) [roll0] and burn another surge [roll1]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-10, 09:05 PM
When she finally noticed the sun, Elyna stopped to study it, scowling. There was no way this was as simple as a lucid dream. It was both too vivid and... Well... Weird...

As the roc-like bird flew away with its meal, she nervously looked around, making sure nothing wanted to make her its next meal, then looked in the direction of the light for a few seconds.

With a last dark look in the direction of the sun, she decided to go and see who was there: friend or foe, she didn't know but it probably was important.

Beneath the fell light of that dying star, Elyna climbed the mountain of glassy sea down, down into the depths of that aquatic valley. Transfixed by the light orange glow of the fire under the wave tunnel, she ventured closer, even as the figure she beheld by the fire became more clear.
they were a guant old frame, withered in depth and yet somehow warmer for it. Maybe it was the vibrant parrot-like tatters of robe it wore, or perhaps the slavoring shaggy head of a sheep-dog that sat atop it's bony shoulders where a normal humanoid head aught to be. He creakily rose from the fire, and beckoned for Elyna to come closer, and despite the dreary atmosphere, the warmth of the fire and the friendly looking old sheep-dog face gave an aura of inviting comradery.
It spoke, but it's words came out muffled at this distance, as if the sound of it was being warbled in the air, like speaking underwater.

As Elyna and the others slip into the realms of the Dreaming for the evening, the Hand toils on, ever a stranger to the notion of mortal affairs such as sleeping. The hull creaks errantly as it settles into a comfortable rush, and some time before dawn, Fog-Tongues awakens early, greeting him as she makes her way to the outer hull of the ship.
"Last big gulp of night sky before we plunge under, Axio-man. If you value a look at the stars, last good time to watch them move." She nods to him contentedly, swings her silk sash around her shoulders, and sets off for the upper hatch.

Bansheexero
2019-09-11, 01:08 PM
Unmoved by the words of the Grippli woman, the Hand stays resolute in his work. He was given orders and will obey them. Besides, the stars in this world seemed chaotic and messy to him, particularly compared to the skies of his home in Axis.

Imladir
2019-09-11, 01:17 PM
Elyna grumbled a bit as she considered the situation, hesitating for a moment before deciding to approach the... Well, whoever - and whatever! - that was in front of her. Not that she wasn't worried, or at least aware, that it could be a bad idea. She was. But...

More than cautious, she was curious and wanted to understand what was happening. And maybe more importantly, why it was happening. And why it was happening to her.

Plus, what was the worse that could happen if she got closer, right?

Not sure which one is appropriate, but trying to see if the sheepdog head, maybe the clothes or anything really mean something to Elyna:
Knowledge (Planes): [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1]

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-13, 02:38 AM
Unmoved by the words of the Grippli woman, the Hand stays resolute in his work. He was given orders and will obey them. Besides, the stars in this world seemed chaotic and messy to him, particularly compared to the skies of his home in Axis.

(Well, The Hand *has* completed his work for the evening, so whatever he'd like to do with his spare time before the others wake in roughly two hours is appropriate to his orders.)

Elyna grumbled a bit as she considered the situation, hesitating for a moment before deciding to approach the... Well, whoever - and whatever! - that was in front of her. Not that she wasn't worried, or at least aware, that it could be a bad idea. She was. But...

More than cautious, she was curious and wanted to understand what was happening. And maybe more importantly, why it was happening. And why it was happening to her.

Plus, what was the worse that could happen if she got closer, right?

Not sure which one is appropriate, but trying to see if the sheepdog head, maybe the clothes or anything really mean something to Elyna:
Knowledge (Planes): [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1]

With a head like that, the creature could only be one thing really; a Hound Archon. It's colorful clothes of tatters are indicative of a member of the Rainbow Collective, an extraplanar group devoted to Good in all it's forms across the multiverse.

Bansheexero
2019-09-13, 04:12 AM
(Well, The Hand *has* completed his work for the evening, so whatever he'd like to do with his spare time before the others wake in roughly two hours is appropriate to his orders.)

With a head like that, the creature could only be one thing really; a Hound Archon. It's colorful clothes of tatters are indicative of a member of the Rainbow Collective, an extraplanar group devoted to Good in all it's forms across the multiverse.

Seeing as he is finished his duty for the time being, he goes to check on his charge, to ensure she is safe and wait for her to wake up. While he may wish for further guidance, he does not have a clear undehrstanding yet of what to ask. He figures he can refocus to regain his godly reserves.

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-13, 04:51 AM
Seeing as he is finished his duty for the time being, he goes to check on his charge, to ensure she is safe and wait for her to wake up. While he may wish for further guidance, he does not have a clear understanding yet of what to ask.

Into the hours just before the dawn the Hand waits, till the morning bell sounds from the aft of the ship. He spends his time drawing maps of the infinite order of Axis in his head, and wakefully whiling away the hours thinking of home.
(This thread will continue on the completion of Elyna's Dream)

Imladir
2019-09-13, 09:37 AM
Elyna's eyebrows rose a bit, then she grumbled under her breath. There was far worse than Archons, but they were a bit... Rigid.

Once she was close enough, she stopped and spoke in Celestial. "I suppose I should give you points for originality considering all this." She cocked her head to the side as she asked. "Are you here as a representant of the Rainbow Collective or for someone else?" Before he could answer, she looked around with a frown. "Is this dream your doing or are you simply hijacking it?"

Bobbyjackcorn
2019-09-13, 10:53 PM
Elyna's eyebrows rose a bit, then she grumbled under her breath. There was far worse than Archons, but they were a bit... Rigid.

Once she was close enough, she stopped and spoke in Celestial. "I suppose I should give you points for originality considering all this." She cocked her head to the side as she asked. "Are you here as a representant of the Rainbow Collective or for someone else?" Before he could answer, she looked around with a frown. "Is this dream your doing or are you simply hijacking it?"

The wisened Sheep Dog face began to pant happily, an old tongue lolling out of the side of it's shaggy muzzle. "You will learn in time, oh Divinity, of this land. It is surely no dream, nor is it my doing, but it may be yours."
His leathery hand slowly motions to the land around them.
"This is the remnants of the previous realm of a Divinity that held this mantle before you."
His hands fall in a polite bow, ruffling his colorful tattered cloak. "I am the previous steward of this domain. You may dismiss me if you'd like, although I admit I would prefer to stay and see what you do with the place."
His beady bright eyes look questioningly at Elyna, as if asking, 'Should I stay? Or go?'

Imladir
2019-09-14, 03:00 AM
"Uh." That had definitely not been what Elyna had expected to hear. Absentmindedly, as she thought about the rest of it, she said "Well, first, my name is not Divinity, it's Elyna." She looked around, then grimaced slightly. The place - assuming it was a place - was a bit too creepy for her to be comfortable with it.

After a moment, she shook her head then asked, obviously puzzled. "If this is your home," She sounded a bit doubtful at that, as if she had troubles imagining anyone would wish to live there, "Why would I kick you out? Plus, even if I did want it, I don't see how I'd do it. So as far as I'm concerned, you're free to do whatever you want, if you desire to stay," she shrugged and concluded as if it was an evidence. "then stay."

After a longer pause, as if she was probing him, she asked. "It's a bit...uh...creepy though, no?" She glanced at her feet, the glass below and the fish in there, and shivered a bit. "I mean, I suppose it's their home to in a sense and that they're not worse than plenty of other things, but still... I hope this sea isn't all there is, it would be...depressing..." After a short pause, she asked. "Oh, by the way, what's your name?"