PDA

View Full Version : God of Smack - Aegis Version?

kalos72
2019-08-17, 10:15 AM
Hey all!

I recently found the God of Smack lines and saw reference to a true psion being able to run some version of it but with no details.

I am looking for a psion mid level(10-12ish) God of Smack type character. All books/references allowed.

Suggestions?

Thank you!

EDIT - I changed the topic to an Aegis version of the God of Smack. If the Aegis can use the claws as melee attacks, they can be augmented too?

Darrin
2019-08-18, 02:39 PM
Check this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19460854&postcount=4).

President and Tashalatora are in the Famous Optimized Character Builds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258580-Famous-optimized-character-builds).

kalos72
2019-08-18, 07:49 PM
I changed my mind, thinking this maybe an aegs type thing more so?

The GoS idea is to up the dmg on the claws as well as increase the number of attacks per round right?

What about AoE style attacks, ones affecting more then one target per attack?

Ill start reading through those threads again, thank you@!

kalos72
2019-08-18, 08:31 PM
I am thinking, extra arms and hardened strikes might make a good base.

I would be possible to get to Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike pretty easily.

Would extra arms double the attacks per round?

kalos72
2019-08-18, 08:47 PM
If I am looking to AoE, would a Power Attack, Cleave, improved Cleave series mean that if I can kill my first guy I can attack all other enemies within reach with one single attack?

If my attacks are like 12d6ish or something...thats still enough to take down alot of mid level enemies, assuming I dont miss.

kalos72
2019-08-18, 08:59 PM
I fell like I am tlaking to myself... :)

Add in a DFI bard to the mix and now that like 14d6 additional?

Mato
2019-08-18, 11:38 PM
I fell like I am tlaking to myself... :)Maybe. I'd be wary of the "classic" TO builds, most don't work and are hardly what I'd call optimized. Like a warshaper has better TO and a monk2/psion18 with a morphing manyfanged dagger probably deals more during it's semi-infinite turn loops anyway and those types of characters are sold as "casters" instead "fighters".

If you're looking into combining reach and AoOs, decisive strike is an excellent substitution. Instead of trying to needlessly punch the same dead corpse nine times in a row, you focus on death punching each living opponent once during their turn. Feats like combat reflexes, karmic strike or robilar's gambit, martial study(defensive rebuke), and martial stance(thicket of blades) provide oppitunity while feats like aberration blood, inhuman reach, long reach, & powers (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827e) increase your overall range.

And since you're interested in hitting stuff, you can consider a level of warlock for eldritch claws to combined with beastial strike. It works at low levels and doubles your unarmed damage while providing extra bonuses.

Darrin
2019-08-19, 06:09 AM
If I am looking to AoE, would a Power Attack, Cleave, improved Cleave series mean that if I can kill my first guy I can attack all other enemies within reach with one single attack?

No. Cleave/Great Cleave treats each target as a separate attack roll. And it's really hard to chain together unless your opponents are dumb enough to clump their cannon fodder together. This doesn't happen often enough to justify getting Great Cleave and/or Supreme Cleave.

If you want to attack all targets in a particular area, you'll want to look at something like War Mind's "Sweeping Strike" (Ex) or War Hulk's "Great Swing/Mighty Swing" (Ex).

kalos72
2019-08-19, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback. :)

This Aegis/GoS NPC is more of a front line soldier then a PC. I am expecting him to wade in to a mass of orcs for example and I want to be able to attack as many as I can with GoS enhanced damage per attack. Or simply adding DFI Bards dmg.

Aegis can already improve its reach was my thought.

Decisive Strike - If I am already doing 12-36d6 depending on the GoS build out, do I really need double it?

I was looking at cleave, which I have never used, as a way to chain hits across multiple targets. Buff my to hit and chain them? I understand I woulkd need to roll for each attack. IE There are 7 orcs around mt Aegis, I COULD kill the first and then chain hits to the next 6 IF I make each hit roll...attacking each with a single attack at my 12-36d6 dmg?

kalos72
2019-08-19, 10:41 AM
Would a simple Empower Power and Explosive Power on the Claws be enough to add an AOE/splash effect to each hit the claws make?

kalos72
2019-08-19, 06:06 PM
Can someone help me with understanding the level progressions and the dmg/attacks per round? Those write up is starting a lv 20 character so I am not following thier math.

My character would be more like lv 10-15ish most likely...

kalos72
2019-08-20, 02:29 PM
So how about adding Claws as a Customization with some augments?

Bestial Strike: (3 points)
You call forth the aggressive nature of the beast inherent in yourself, psionically transforming your hands into deadly claws. You gain two natural attacks with your claws, each dealing 1d4 points of damage (1d6 if you are Large, or 1d3 if you are Small) plus your Strength bonus.

Your claws are natural weapons, so you are considered armed when attacking with them, and they can be affected by powers, spells, and effects that enhance or improve natural. You can choose to deal nonlethal damage with your claws, taking the standard -4 penalty on your attack roll.

Your claws work just like the natural weapons of many monsters. You can make an attack with one claw or a full attack with two claws at your
normal attack bonus, replacing your normal attack routine. You take no penalties for two-weapon fighting, and neither attack is a secondary attack. If your base attack bonus is +6 or higher, you do not gain any additional attacks—you simply have two claw attacks at your normal attack bonus.

You can augment your claws in the following ways based on the number of Customization Points you spend.
1. For every 2 CP’s you increase the base damage by 2 steps
2. For 2 CP’s you can empower the Claws, doubling the base damage
3. For 2 CP’s, you can empower your Claws with an elemental damage type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, force or sonic)
4. For 2 CP’s you can cause your successful Claw attacks to explode causing the same damage on all adjacent enemy targets
5. For 2 CP’s you can cause your successful Claw attacks can arc to a number of secondary targets equal to your manifester level (maximum twenty). The secondary arcs each strike one target and deal half as much damage as the primary one did (round down). You choose secondary targets as you like, but they must all be within 30 feet of the primary target, and no target can be struck more than once.