PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Pathfinder Campaign Idea: The PCs as the Regretful Rakshasas Reincarnation Squad

Leliel
2019-08-17, 10:58 PM
First: I might be posting this in the wrong forum, since it's a pitch that relies on Bestiary fluff, and I'm not sure if it goes here or in 3.5.

I'm getting into Pathfinder 2E, and I have an idea for an all-tiefling game-specifically Beastbrood, the rakshasa-blooded. Namely, that by RAW, it's impossible for a Beastbrood to be genetically descended from a rakshasa, the child of one of the animal-headed megalomaniacs is automatically a reincarnation of, and thus a full fledged rakshasa herself. So, I had the idea that Beastbroods are the reincarnations of rakshasas who have grown jaded and disillusioned with their own lifestyle and reincarnate back into the normal karmic wheel as tieflings who will move onto the Boneyard after they die, like any other mortal. The idea being that the players are a group of Beastbroods who recognize each other from past life memories as fellows who also got sick of the whole thing and then also that there's a conspiracy they once helped run afoot. Focuses partly on intrigue, partly on coming to terms with having been a real jerk for a really long time.

I'm wondering how I would represent that with Ancestries before the Advanced Player's Guide comes out, and more pertinently, how to represent the effects of their past lives on them. Obviously the primary antagonists are earthbound evils whose regrets are limited at most to what they had for breakfast, but I'm thinking some of them were actually friends and allies of the PCs previous selves, and naturally there's still a lot of bad blood from victims. I wonder how that would manifest, and if the PCs should define who their rakshasa selves were before starting the game.