PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Character Concept Feedback

Khrysaes
2019-08-18, 07:48 AM
So, as I was reading about the Valenar Double Scimitar, I was thinking about a character I would want to build with it.

And it got me to thinking that I wanted to build a hunter type, and one thing lead to another, so this is my character.

Heavily inspired by Talion from Shadow of Mordor/War

Name: Hound
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Envoy Warforged(Half elf if AL Legal)
Background: Haunted One feature (custom background) (Hound is literally haunted)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarvish, Orc
Class: 12 Fighter(Brute)(Probably EK if required to be AL legal), 4 Warlock (Hexblade), 4 Revised Ranger(Hunter)(Maybe Gloomstalker)(Normal if AL Legal)
Starting Class: Fighter
Starting Stats: 8, 14, 14, 8, 13, 17
Skill Proficiencies: Fighter(Insight, Perception), Background(Survival, Investigation), Warforged(Acrobatics), Ranger (Stealth)
Tool Proficiencies: Smith's tools (Integrated), Optionnally; Thieve's Tools (Background).
Feats and ASI: Revenant Blade(If Half elf meets race, otherwise up to DM Discretion), Resilient: Wisdom, Cha to 20, (Maybe Dex to 20, Lucky, Defensive Duelist, Elven Accuracy(If Half Elf))
Fighting Styles: Great Weapon Fighting, Defense(or Mariner if allowed)
Favored Enemies: Eh, Humanoids if Revised ranger
Pact Boon: Blade Pact (Chain or tome if EK)
Invocations: Agonizing Blast, Devil's Sight
Spells I care about: Eldritch blast, Shield, Hunter's Mark

Hound is a simple contsruct. When he became aware, he was given his Double scimitar, possessed with the vengeful spirit of a proud elven warrior, Lúithiarn Trisvalur. Hound cant pronounce that, so he calls him Tris(tree). Hound was purpose built to help Tris fulfill his vengeace. Hound is supposed to follow Tris' orders, but Hound feels bad for Tris. So while traveling around to achieve Tris' vengeance, Hound and Tris are working together and growing with each other.

As I said, this is heavily inspired by Talion from Shadow of Mordor.

Hound, the body, is a simple brute. He like hitting things.

Tris' the spirit, is trapped in Hound's Double Scimitar, and Hound's Patron.

Instead of the appearance of spells, Instead the spectral appearance of Tris' appears and performs actions.

Eldritch Blast? Elf Shot
Shield? It is Tris' Parrying the attacks.
Enthrall/Charm Person? Wraith Branding
Misty Step? Elf shot teleport
Expeditions Retreat? The speed boost talion gets when jumping over a rock.
Invisibility? Elf Stealth.

Blade pact is just so you dont lose the weapon.