PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Class for a champion of St. Cuthbert?

arkol
2007-10-11, 09:06 PM
I'm looking for a prestige class that would work for a champion of St. Cuthbert. Is there any actually made with that purporse? Something along the lines of the Shinning Blade of Heironeous (from CoDivine) but for St. Cuthbert...

If not any class that would fit? Pious Templar basically fits a champion of any god... anything else?

DraPrime
2007-10-11, 09:19 PM
Of all the gods, St. Cuthbert may have the least PrCs devoted to him, except maybe Kord. *goes of to search for PrCs*

leperkhaun
2007-10-12, 09:10 AM
hmmm, would shadow bane inquisiter be a good choice?

Telonius
2007-10-12, 09:18 AM
Justicar, from Complete Warrior, fits the flavor. Crunch, not so much.

Amiria
2007-10-12, 09:34 AM
The Justiciar of Tyr PrC (Players Guide to Faerūn) could be easily adapted to St. Cuthbert.

arkol
2007-10-12, 09:56 AM
Ok checked the prestiges you mentioned.

Shadowbane Inquisitor requires sneak attack and turn undead abilities.... which sucks because that means going rogue(ish) and cleric(ish) so not what I was looking for.

The justicar fits a little better, and would work for some, but it still isn't quite what I was looking for.

Justiciar of Tyr unfortunelly I don't have access to PGoF so I couldn't check it :smallfrown:

Anyways for for the replys so far. Any other ideas?

leperkhaun
2007-10-12, 10:06 AM
hmmm Dont need cleric for the inquisiter, as pallies get turn undead, so just a dip into rogue....

hmmm Consecrated Harrier - basically a bounty hunter for the church
Divine crusader - weak PrC but MIGHT fit the bill
sacred exorsist

Yeril
2007-10-12, 10:19 AM
I always liked the Shadowbane Inquistor, Rogue 2/Paladin 4/SBI X

I just love the whole..

Cuthburt : Oi! Ive got a bone to pick with youShadowbane iquisitor: Hey Big C.
Cuthburt: One of my archons said you burned down a whole village! whats up with that man, why shouldn't I make you fall right now for that.
Shadowbane: Aaaaah... well.. you see. um.. there was these roumers of a guy.. who was gonner summon a demon!
Cuthburt: A demon you say?
Shadobane: Yeah, had to burn down the whole village, better safe than sorry eh?
Cuthburt: Aaaaah alright then, keep up the good work.
Shadowbane: Can do *lights match*

VerdugoExplode
2007-10-12, 11:18 AM
Ordained Champion from complete champion

Full BAB, you lose one spell level, can turn in domain abilities for fighter feats and can channel spells through your weapon. Also a few more I can't remember at the moment. It ruins people though, with a vengeance!

Besides that what kind of cleric is it, besides one of St. Cuthbert? Is he a happy healing one, a pew-pew cleric, or a 'I'm going to beat all of my enemies until they realize the error of their ways' cleric?

Also the inquisitor for the complete divine. Eventual immunity to mind affecting effects? Yes please.

Shisumo
2007-10-12, 11:48 AM
custom adaptation of the sanctified one PrC from CChamp?

Draz74
2007-10-12, 11:49 AM
Gray Guard from Complete Scoundrel?

arkol
2007-10-12, 12:18 PM
Besides that what kind of cleric is it, besides one of St. Cuthbert? Is he a happy healing one, a pew-pew cleric, or a 'I'm going to beat all of my enemies until they realize the error of their ways' cleric?

Actually.... I thought it was clear but apparently it's not... a champion of St. Cuthbert is not necessarly a cleric.

Like I mentioned in the first post I'm looking for something along the lines of Shinning Blade of Heironeous, which you can get into with a level in cleric or a few levels in paladin/ranger and it focus a lot more on the melee side then on the divine casting side.

Again thanks for teh ideas being trown. I'll check them all when I can.

codexgigas
2007-10-12, 12:28 PM
Church Inquisitor from Complete Divine probably fits best if you plan on starting out as a cleric.

Justiciar (CW) also fits well, and works better if you're planning a non-cleric character. Other options are Bloodhound (CA) or Consecrated Harrier (CD). The Dragonlance Campaign Setting has an Inquisitor PrC. Watch Detective (MoW) could also work, although I don't know of a 3.5 update. It's 3.0, though, but I don't remember any class features that should require much tweaking.