PDA

View Full Version : Which ends up mechanically more powerful: Corrupt or Exalted Spells?

StevenC21
2019-08-19, 02:03 AM
Corrupt spells are from the Book of Vile Darkness. Exalted spells, from the Book of Exalted Deeds.

My question is, on average, which set of spells has the more powerful effects? You can also take into account which set has more painful associated costs (usually corruption cost vs sacrifice cost).

Just curious what you all think.

Personally, I prefer Corrupt spells. They're just so cool, and they often have very powerful effects, such as Apocalypse from the Sky and Lahm's Finger Darts.

Saintheart
2019-08-19, 02:51 AM
For gishes it'd surely have to be Exalted spells, mainly due to Luminous Armour and Greater Luminous Armour. +8 armor bonus to AC which can be persisted, no ASF, no max Dex bonus, no armor check penalty, and then debuffing enemy melee strikes by -4 for no reason other than that you are a shiny disco ball is great for the waistline. Everything else, eh.

Malphegor
2019-08-19, 08:14 AM
Personally, I find the Corrupt spells have more use in day to day magics...

but I guess that's kind of the point, isn't it? Of course the corruptive, evil magic is easier and more... useful. Good is hard.