PDA

View Full Version : Help with site features please

BGGCriticalMass
2019-08-19, 05:05 AM
Hi giants. I am not sure how to get and add a personalized OotS avatar.

I would also like to know how to add a post script / signature.

All help is appreciated.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-08-19, 07:52 AM
Hi giants. I am not sure how to get and add a personalized OotS avatar.

I would also like to know how to add a post script / signature.

All help is appreciated.

OotS Avatar: Go to Settings (top right corner, just before the log out button) -> general settings (in the side bar, under the "my account" header) -> scroll all the way to the bottom, choose "Order of the Stick" radio button in the Avatar entry (third from the bottom), and select one of the options in "Order of the Stick Avatar:" drop down menu under it.

If by personalized you mean an original one, there are forum threads where people make them and you can select them (see here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?448993-Request-an-OotS-style-Avatar-14-Even-More-Revenge) and here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?26936-Avatar-Adoption-Center&highlight=adoption)), but you'll need to host them somewhere, select the "Custom" radio button, and link to it from the "Custom Avatar URL" section below the Order of the Stick Avatar selection.

Signature: Go to Settings (top right corner, just before the log out button) -> Edit Signature (in the side bar, under the "My Profile" header)

Grey Wolf

BGGCriticalMass
2019-08-19, 06:42 PM
Thanks. That was helpful.

EDIT: posts combined due to infraction of double posting rule.

I have the OotS Avatar obviously. I can't get an RPG personality test onto my signature. I think it is because it has a setting for permissions "Can upload images for signature No"

JNAProductions
2019-08-20, 07:00 PM
I have the OotS Avatar obviously. I can't get an RPG personality test onto my signature. I think it is because it has a setting for permissions "Can upload images for signature No"

That's probably just because you've not enough posts. Some features (I know link sharing for one) are disabled until you hit a certain, small number of posts.

Just find stuff that interests you and post your thoughts. You'll get to images soon.

BGGCriticalMass
2019-08-20, 07:03 PM
Choosing Advanced interface on general settings may have solved it. At least the image has appeared on the signature preview which it did not before.

You are right. There is a message appearing that says I need to make 10 posts. I think this is the one that will do it.

So will it appear now on my 11th post?

Huzzah!

And now it has filled in the image into all the previously signed posts...overkill I think. Thanks for the help.

Rawhide
2019-08-21, 01:35 PM
I have just merged all five of your posts. Please don't post multiple posts in a row again, and please don't ever post just to increase your post count.

No. No one has permission to upload images for their signature. You need to embed them from a site which allows you to host images for signatures.