PDA

View Full Version : Violet

kpenguin
2007-10-12, 12:57 AM
Do you think that Roy will tell his mom about Violet?

Kdansky
2007-10-12, 01:11 AM
No, he's lawful good, that would be a chaotic evil act, I really cannot think of a reason to do this. Of course, should she explicitly ask, he might drop a hint.

Icewalker
2007-10-12, 01:17 AM
Chaotic evil? Seems a bit much.

Depends on the context. Just going up and telling her could be considered evil, but I dunno bout the first part. If asked, I'd say lawful neutral.

I'm guessing that if it comes up, it will be revealed that his mom is doing the same thing :smalleek:

Demented
2007-10-12, 01:31 AM
Nah, it's not evil. To really quantify it, we'd need a third alignment type.
But then, somebody's already done that.

To add to that, Roy is Lawful Good Neutral, not Lawful Good Square (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55828). :smallwink:

Sinsie
2007-10-12, 01:34 AM
Chaotic Evil? Lawful Neutral? It's a bad thing to just ignore a problem and just pretend it doesn't exist. If something similar to that happened to me and I wasn't aware, I would appreciate my own family member telling me something that I should know, no matter how depressing or hurtful. There's a difference between being an ass and doing it just to see the look on someone's face versus informing someone that some dishonesty ensued about a person very close to him or her so that person doesn't see the cheater as loyal when he or she is not. It's the right thing to do, even if it's socially awkward to explain. Not telling her is just being ignorant of that (or maybe thinking everything will be better that way, but it really won't).

Kreistor
2007-10-12, 01:50 AM
There's a Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands. I'm thinking the "Until death do you part" ending any attachment for the afterlife is pretty much standard interpretation. Mom's going to be with someone, or she really won't care. Or more than one someone, since I don't think there's much disallowed in Celestia. Roy's been getting surprises. Mom's afterlife has got to have something that will startle him. Moms usually have some secrets they don't let the children in on...

SoD
2007-10-12, 04:32 AM
Maybe Roys Mum is with Violets husband? Now that would be amusing.

FrostXian
2007-10-12, 04:39 AM
For God's sake, she lives next to the Tavern of Infinite One-Night Stands, and she is probably convinced Eugene isn't coming to heaven soon, so..
Poor Roy, having to stay there.

Ecalsneerg
2007-10-12, 05:09 AM
I'm doubting Roy's mother is stupid enough to not realise "'til death do us part" no longer applies.

falterfire
2007-10-12, 06:05 AM
Also, as per SOD:
Eugene met Roy's mom in a BAR. Unless she's changed COMPLETELY since then (which she might have, given responsibility for caring for Roy & Julia), I doubt she'd even mind Roy bringing home one night stands, so knowing Eugene had gone somewhere else might not bother her.

If anything else is completely wrong with this post, I wrote it at 5:30 this morning, so I wasn't thinking terribly straight.

Ancalagon
2007-10-12, 07:31 AM
She will more be hanging around in that said bar as well. :)

SoD
2007-10-12, 07:43 AM
Also, as per SOD:
[spoiler]Eugene met Roy's dad in a BAR. Unless she's changed COMPLETELY since then (which she might have, given responsibility for caring for Roy & Julia), I doubt she'd even mind Roy bringing home one night stands, so knowing Eugene had gone somewhere else might not bother her.

What??? Eugene met Roy's Dad in a bar???

Glass Mouse
2007-10-12, 07:57 AM
She will more be hanging around in that said bar as well. :)

That would be..... hilarious! And soooo disturbing! :smalleek:

Wiseman
2007-10-12, 08:08 AM
No, he's lawful good, that would be a chaotic evil act, I really cannot think of a reason to do this. Of course, should she explicitly ask, he might drop a hint.

lie to your mom is an act CE, you are a bad influence to uss, die an burn in the hell with the other's bad' guy's ;3

Green Bean
2007-10-12, 08:19 AM

Gasp! We've discovered Roy's shocking secret: he's adopted! :smallbiggrin:

chibibar
2007-10-12, 08:32 AM
you can do a lot of things.... but lying to one's mom is not one of them :)

Heck, Roy wasn't too happy about his Dad dating Violet in the first place.

Janmorel
2007-10-12, 08:45 AM
Even if you ignore the fact that there's really no good reason for Eugene's posthumous dating history to come up in conversation between Roy and his mom, who's to say that Roy's mother doesn't already know? She's got to know that Eugene is in the waiting room, it doesn't seem like it would be all that hard for her to either check up on him herself or have someone else do it, and it's not like Eugene was being all secretive about Violet. Although it would be funny if Roy ratted his dad out, and Mom smacked him and told him she raised him Lawful Good, not Lawful Tattletale.

bluish_wolf
2007-10-12, 09:33 AM

I've heard of finding yourself, but never meeting yourself.

SteveMB
2007-10-12, 09:37 AM
Even if you ignore the fact that there's really no good reason for Eugene's posthumous dating history to come up in conversation between Roy and his mom, who's to say that Roy's mother doesn't already know? She's got to know that Eugene is in the waiting room, it doesn't seem like it would be all that hard for her to either check up on him herself or have someone else do it, and it's not like Eugene was being all secretive about Violet. Although it would be funny if Roy ratted his dad out, and Mom smacked him and told him she raised him Lawful Good, not Lawful Tattletale.

It would be even funnier if she then introduced Roy to her current boyfriend.

Ladorak
2007-10-12, 11:03 AM

It'd be even funnier if it's Fyron...

dakiwiboid
2007-10-12, 04:29 PM
I'm doubting Roy's mother is stupid enough to not realise "'til death do us part" no longer applies.

Actually, she's probably smart enough to know that it does apply, that it parted them, which was enough to end her marriage contract.

kpenguin
2007-10-16, 05:29 PM
I guess we have our answer.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-16, 09:22 PM

Wow, you got it completely dead-on. Spying on Rich much?

Corwin Weber
2007-10-16, 11:51 PM
I think Roy is just having an issue or two with coming to grips with one of the more cringeworthy parts of being an adult: Learning to deal with the fact that one's parents have a sex life.

I mean don't get me wrong.... the less I know about it, the happier I am.... but still....