PDA

View Full Version : Cohort Advice - Mystic Ranger/Planar Shepherd

Yogibear41
2019-08-20, 01:02 AM
Looking to pick up a Mystic Ranger/Planar Shepherd as my cohort on my solo Melee Warlock (Claw lock).

Plan to take the feat at level 9, so cohort will start at level 7: Wild shape mystic ranger 5/planar shepherd 2.

Basically I am looking for good ways for this cohort to contribute in combat to help my warlock, obviously once I have outsider forms at cohort level 14 that is no longer a problem, but looking for suggestions for levels 7 through 13.

Using a feat to change the ranger's spell casting stat to be Cha based instead of Wis based(will pay off for SLA/SU Save DCs for outsider abilities at higher level) and another 3rd party feat that gives me some bonus HP based on cha to off set a mediocre constitution score. Other than that all my feats are open, although I like Steadfast Determination and since I get endurance as a bonus feat I will probably try and take that.

Basically I have mediocre physical stats and a high Charisma, lower than normal WBL because its an npc and any money I spend on it will be less I spend on my actual character. So I figure my best bet will be wildshaping. Looking for any suggestions people have.

Another plan I considered was scrapping the Charisma idea, sticking with wisdom while dumping Cha, and investing more into Con to save myself two feats, and then just focus on using SLAs/SU Abilities that do not have saving throws.

Rebel7284
2019-08-20, 12:13 PM
Sword of the Arcane Order? I think it's cross-setting, but casting Wizard spells would certainly contribute.