PDA

View Full Version : Michael Clayton, blah blah BLAH... [Spoiled]

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-12, 07:53 AM
This looked vaguely interesting, so went to the screening last night and... I have never seen such a long-winded and artificially prolonged movie in my LIFE.

It was a simple business coverup with an attempt to silence two peopke who discovered it. Only three people were even in on the scam. No huge conspiracy or anything. A plot that only took, what, 2 hours, because they filled it absolutely to bursting with dialog. Dialog that meant NOTHING. I'm serious, they said words without meanings. Entire scenes where all they did was open their mouths and noise came out but it was complete buzz-talk. It was meant to sound deep and philosophical and mysterious but it wasn't. Absolute filler between the slightly less boring scenes.

Reminded me from a part of an Isaac Asimov book where they had a computer do an analysis on what someone had come into say to them and found out he had said nothing whatsoever, but did it so well and for so long it seemed as if he had.

That was this entire movie.

It did not even have any interesting action scenes despite what they try to sell you in the trailers.

The very ending was of course the best... but that was about it. The rest of it was frankly dull and tedious and meant to give the illusion of deep psychological criminology instead of utter hogwash.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-12, 01:31 PM
Hi.

Can you link the trailer please? That way I can formulate more of a decision on my own.

Though from what you said I am now scared.

*hides behind sofa*

*cries and cowers*

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-12, 01:36 PM
Hi.
Can you link the trailer please? That way I can formulate more of a decision on my own.
Here you go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l12IQe98vE

I mean, it really wasn't 'that' bad I guess, but it just always annoys me when one of these kind of films take themselves so seriously when all they really do is stink.

Yuki Akuma
2007-10-12, 01:39 PM
I actually liked the movie, so...

VT, you seem to enjoy reviewing things you didn't enjoy. I'm honestly confused at why you do that so much.

Could you review something you liked next time, pretty please? :smallwink:

And, I agree, the trailer lies. But, well, trailers always lie (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverTrustATrailer) anyway.

It's either that or [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TrailersAlwaysSpoil]spoil the entire movie[/url.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-12, 01:47 PM
VT, you seem to enjoy reviewing things you didn't enjoy. I'm honestly confused at why you do that so much.
Actually, I usually only do like one of these a month if that. I usually see at least 4-8 new ones a month.

I just post the really good ones or the ones that stood out for annoying me so much. Unfortunately most have been annoying instead of satisfying.

I have though written reviews on the good ones, just usually someone starts those topics before me and no one knows I posted in the thread.

Btw, gotta question, does George Clooney EVER play someone who has a personality? All I ever see is the strong silent type like, "When everyone thinks you look good, you don't gotta have nothin' else."

Kaelaroth
2007-10-12, 04:35 PM
Good God!

Sweet Pelor!

That looked terrible! Not even Tharidzun would inflict this upon us. Thank you Mr.Tribble! My dad was going to make me come and see this on Sunday. *phew* :smallsmile:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-12, 08:13 PM
Good God!

Sweet Pelor!

That looked terrible! Not even Tharidzun would inflict this upon us. Thank you Mr.Tribble! My dad was going to make me come and see this on Sunday. *phew* :smallsmile:
Hey, I actually got some minor interest out of the trailer. The reality is far, far worse.