PDA

View Full Version : Best Pathfinder Supplements

thelastorphan
2019-08-20, 05:20 PM
What it says on the tin. I am wondering what the playground's opinion is on what the best of the paperback, non-core, books is?

I already have
Weapon and Armor Masters Handbooks
Martial Arts Handbook
Paths of the Righteous
Familiar Folio
People of the Wastes
Antihero's Handbook
Faith's and Philosophies
Divine Anthology
Inner Sea Faiths

Thoughts? I am looking to build more of my collection now that 2e is here.

Mehangel
2019-08-20, 05:32 PM
My favorite paperback supplement for Pathfinder is hands down, Alchemy Manual, which has made playing an alchemist (without using the Alchemist class) fun.

If however, you are also wanting to expand beyond just paperback books, I am a huge fan of the following:
Spheres of Power by Drop Dead Studios
Spheres of Might by Drop Dead Studios
Champions of the Spheres by Drop Dead Studios
Ultimate Psionics by Dreamscarred Press
Legendary Classes (such as Legendary Fighters, Legendary Kineticists, etc) by Legendary Games

Palanan
2019-08-20, 05:48 PM
One of my personal favorites is Blood of the Sea. Many of the Player Companions are…hit or miss, to say the least, but Blood of the Sea stands out for having a lot of interesting and thematic options, including several unusual aquatic races. Not all of these are to my personal taste, but I appreciate the fact that there was a lot of thought put into them. If you want a playable grindylow goblin, this book has you covered.

I’ll also mention the Monster Codex, which goes into a little more detail on a number of common monstrous races, as well as providing an abundance of statblocks, which is handy for a GM when you need to drop something in with little prep time. Occult Bestiary is also excellent, with some quirky and oddball creatures that just cry out to be included in your campaign.

I have a soft spot for the Adventurer’s Guide, even though I usually don’t like supplements which focus on Golarion, because I do like prestige classes and they’re otherwise scarce in Pathfinder material. And Distant Worlds is a fun romp through the other planets in Golarion’s solar system, very much a whirlwind tour with scenic stops drawn straight from classic pulp fiction.

If you like the Divine Anthology, you should also pick up the Arcane Anthology, which has some great archetypes and other options. I also have a soft spot for Champions of Purity, even though it’s a little lighter on useful material, but very thematic for characters devoted to higher ideals.

These are off the top of my head. I need to reorganize my collection anyway, so I'll probably add some more as I sort through the pile.