PDA

View Full Version : Adding IC And OOC Tags

JNAProductions
2019-08-20, 06:53 PM
I generally, when running games, have the title be "Game Name [OOC]" and "Game Name [IC]" in the appropriate forums.

Is there any possibility we can see OOC and IC tags, like we have tags for various editions in the homebrew forum?

If it's not something that's gonna happen, that's totally fine-I just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-08-20, 09:55 PM
Is there any possibility we can see OOC and IC tags, like we have tags for various editions in the homebrew forum?

What would be the use case for this? The IC and OOC threads are in different subforums, so the tags wouldn't help filtering them or telling them apart. The advantage of adding OOC and IC to the thread name is that when linking, the address tells you which one is which, but tags don't show up on links. There is also not very many reasons to ever search by those tags in and of themselves, so I'm not sure what the added value would be?

Grey Wolf

JNAProductions
2019-08-20, 09:56 PM
What would be the use case for this? The IC and OOC threads are in different subforums, so the tags wouldn't help filtering them or telling them apart. The advantage of adding OOC and IC to the thread name is that when linking, the address tells you which one is which, but tags don't show up on links. There is also not very many reasons to ever search by those tags in and of themselves, so I'm not sure what the added value would be?

Grey Wolf

For when they show up in subscriptions, mostly. It made sense to me when I made the post. :P

You do bring up a good point, but it never hurts to ask.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-08-20, 10:00 PM
For when they show up in subscriptions, mostly. It made sense to me when I made the post. :P

You do bring up a good point, but it never hurts to ask.

Indeed. I was hoping to make the case clearer by doing a bit of (hopefully constructive) devil's advocation.

Grey Wolf