PDA

View Full Version : 8-Bit Theatre in the Playground [results]

Lord Herman
2007-10-12, 12:43 PM
The votes have been counted, the bribes have been paid; the results of the 8-Bit Theatre in the Playground polls are here.

Fighter in the Playground

13 - dragonprime
9 - Vespe Ratavo
7 - Raiser B1ade
2 - Zeb the Troll
1 - Flame Master Axel

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_FighterTrophy.png
Dragonprime managed to convince enough people that he really likes swords, so he gets a trophy.

Black Mage in the Playground

12 - Death
4 - Saurous
4 - Draken
3 - Shadow
2 - Lord Magtok

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_BlackMageTrophy.png
Almost half the votes for Black Mage went to Death. Congratulations!

Red Mage in the Playground

23 - Masato Hyuga
4 - Atreyu
3 - Face of Evil
2 - Eldritch Knight
2 - Smellie Hippie

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_RedMageTrophy.png
Masato Hyuga won! Who'd have thought it?

Thief in the Playground

15 - I'm da Rogue!
8 - thanatos 5150
6 - CurlyKitGirl
4 - Shadow
1 - Lord Magtok

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_ThiefTrophy.png
I'm da Rogue wins her second prise featuring a rogueish webcomic character. Congratulations!

White Mage in the Playground

12 - Artemis97
9 - Em Blackleaf
5 - Alarra
4 - CurlyKitGirl
3 - Atreyu

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_WhiteMageTrophy.png
Although she had a shared second place in the nominations, Artemis97 won the votes with a 3-vote lead of Em.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_WhiteMageMagtok1.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_WhiteMageMagtok2.png
Em and Alarra had a shared first place in the nominations, and they now get a shared Magtok Award. Congratulations!

And now a very special prize...

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/8Bit_VandalTrophy.png
For graffiti-ing the propaganda banners of three contestants, The Chilli God wins the Vandal in the Playground award.

You can use this thread for posting acceptance speeches, congratulating the winners, complaining about the results, suggesting a theme for the next contest, or eating waffles.

The next contest will start on sunday.

FoE
2007-10-12, 12:45 PM
How come I never got a Magtok award for Sabine in the Playground? :smallfrown:

@V: Ah. That's how it works. I thought it was just for the runner-up.

Lord Herman
2007-10-12, 12:49 PM
How come I never got a Magtok award for Sabine in the Playground? :smallfrown:

Because Alarra had more votes than you in the nominations.

Shadow
2007-10-12, 12:50 PM
Vandal itp!
Way to go Chilli!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-12, 01:03 PM
What, no "Criminal foresight in the playground" for me? I get how it is.

Now, honestly, well done all, and special congratulations to I'm Da Rogue! for her victory.

As has been suggrsted by myself before, and suggested already in the main discussion thread, I still nominate "weaponry in the playground" for the next contest.

We may want to limit it to mideval weapons, or weapons in the PHB.
Possible slots:

Longsword
Rapier
Greatsword
Greataxe
Polearm
Bow
Crossbow
Lance

~~~
Anti-matter Cannon - just for fun.

Skippy
2007-10-12, 01:16 PM
What, no "Criminal foresight in the playground" for me? I get how it is.

Now, honestly, well done all, and special congratulations to I'm Da Rogue! for her victory.

As has been suggrsted by myself before, and suggested already in the main discussion thread, I still nominate "weaponry in the playground" for the next contest.

We may want to limit it to mideval weapons, or weapons in the PHB.
Possible slots:

Longsword
Rapier
Greatsword
Greataxe
Polearm
Bow
Crossbow
Lance

~~~
Anti-matter Cannon - just for fun.

... Keyblade?
Master Sword?

smellie_hippie
2007-10-12, 01:17 PM
colors in the playground
colors in the playground
colors in the playground

Castaras
2007-10-12, 01:20 PM
colors in the playground
colors in the playground
colors in the playground

*seconds*

Although maybe with only the primary and secondary colours: Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Green, Orange? Although technically it's Magenta rather than Red but anyway...

FoE
2007-10-12, 01:21 PM
Simpsons in the Playground? :smallamused:

LFG in the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

Colour in the Playground. :smallannoyed:

Supagoof
2007-10-12, 01:22 PM
Kudos to the winners. I'm looking forward to the acceptance speaches.

For weapons..why not generalize them a little more. Some are a little too close to each other in my eye.

Longword & Greatsword & Rapier = Sword
Polearm & Lance = Spear
Greataxe & hatchets = Axe
Many types of bows for = Bow
Same with crossbows = Crossbow
Hand to hand or bards or wizarding folk = Unarmed

Otherwise you have to select of categories and can't really debate them.

Like for example say if Indy and I were nominated for Greatsword. (Of course, neither of us usually carries a sword.....)
Indy - I'm most like the greatsword because blah..blah..blah
Supagoof - No, I'm most like the greatsword because blah..blah..blah
Indy - Well, I have to say that's not such a great sword now is it.
Supagoof - True, more like a long sword...okay I'll go switch to that category.

edit: Ooh, colors would be fun too. *Looks at Purple Gelatenous Cube of Doom and Mr. Edward Nigma*

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-12, 01:27 PM
:smallamused: Bwa-ha-ha. Not quite Akbar, but Vandal is definitely a more recognizable award.
*Copies trophy onto hard drive so to not fall for my own trap*

Anyway, congrats to those other winner people. You earned it despite my efforts. :smallcool:

Next! I'm still holding out for humanoids itP and vampires vs werewolves, but colors seem more popular. *Shrug*

Volug
2007-10-12, 02:42 PM
MasatoHyuga gains a level!
+7 HP
+5 skill points
+1 BAB

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!11!!!!1!!one!!:smallbiggrin : Skill points!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-12, 02:48 PM
:smallamused: Bwa-ha-ha. Not quite Akbar, but Vandal is definitely a more recognizable award.
*Copies trophy onto hard drive so to not fall for my own trap*

Anyway, congrats to those other winner people. You earned it despite my efforts. :smallcool:

Next! I'm still holding out for humanoids itP and vampires vs werewolves, but colors seem more popular. *Shrug*

Yes, for you must copy my awesome Plan/idea! for I am that awesome!

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-12, 04:17 PM
Hey, what about Alarra getting Sara in the Playground, as I recall she got several votes for that as well.

And might I suggest Transformers in the playground?

DraPrime
2007-10-12, 04:51 PM
Thank you all who voted for me!

The Neoclassic
2007-10-12, 05:06 PM
Congrats to Masato Hyuga for getting Red Mage in the Playground. I don't remember where I keep seeing you (the Town, maybe?), but if I recall, you're decently cool. :smallcool:

*Eats waffles*

Volug
2007-10-12, 05:09 PM
Congrats to Masato Hyuga for getting Red Mage in the Playground. I don't remember where I keep seeing you (the Town, maybe?), but if I recall, you're decently cool. :smallcool:

*Eats waffles*

Thanks! (and yes it was The Town, I'll probably get on there today some time.) And Thanks to everyone who voted for me! *Gives everyone Febreeze and Febreeze Syrup*

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-12, 08:00 PM
A few ideas for the next competition (some I'm just agreeing with, some are original)

Colors in the Playground (I'd run for Green)
Weapons in the Playground (I'd run for Longbow)
Goblins (the webcomic) in the Playground (I'd run for Big Ears)
Animals in the Playground (I'd run for Wolf)
Schools of Magic in the Playground

I may come up with more later.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Raiser Blade
2007-10-12, 08:09 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!11!!!!1!!one!!:smallbiggrin
:smallannoyed:

Congrats to you and to all the winners.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-12, 08:11 PM
Well, Masato ha that one won, definitely. :smallbiggrin:

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-12, 08:11 PM
...And might I suggest Transformers in the playground?

I like that one!

And I like Colorsitp.

*Eats waffles*

Raiser Blade
2007-10-12, 08:16 PM
Makes belgian waffles (cuz they're better than regular ones) and hands them to all the runner ups.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-12, 08:21 PM
I, for one, accept your better-than-regular waffles, on behalf of the runner-ups!
*Consuming commences*

DraPrime
2007-10-12, 08:25 PM
I'm a supporter of the weapons in the playground idea. Naturally, I'll run for Sword in the Playground.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-12, 10:05 PM
Beatles in the Playground! Paul, John, Ringo, and George.

Possibly Yoko.

No, I'm not just doing this because I know I'd win at least one >.>

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-12, 10:11 PM
Inuyasha in the Playground?
FMA in the Playground?
DC villians in the Playground?

Therarde
2007-10-12, 10:33 PM
I like the idea of Colors ITP. Might even give me a chance to win something. ((Green, if you must ask.))

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-12, 10:48 PM
I like the idea of Colors ITP. Might even give me a chance to win something. ((Green, if you must ask.))

No. I am green. End of teh story. :smalltongue:

Skippy
2007-10-12, 11:01 PM
Beatles in the Playground! Paul, John, Ringo, and George.

Possibly Yoko.

No, I'm not just doing this because I know I'd win at least one >.>

Shut up. She Who Must Not Be Named doesn't even deserve a category. I agree on the other four.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-13, 12:44 AM
No. I am green. End of teh story. :smalltongue:

Edit: See, I even gave myself a green avatar. So there. Hmph.

I'd give you a run for your money on green, I'm sure. I could run for purple, too.

I also third, fourth, and fifth EK's suggestion.

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 07:43 AM
Inuyasha in the Playground?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-13, 10:00 AM
I'll take that as a 'yes', then. :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2007-10-13, 10:01 AM
Soda itp!!!!:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-13, 10:06 AM
If the next competition is colours in the playground, I'd campaign for red.

But i suspect Masato Hyuga would have me beat :smalltongue:

Volug
2007-10-13, 10:09 AM

.. I MIGHT. BloddyRedCommie would beat us both though, why? I dunno... Maybe because its in his name... And I'm not going to go all-out in any other competitions. I will go for it, but not all out.....

I think people didn't like my constent campaigning:smallconfused:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-13, 10:11 AM
At least you won't be so excited about it.

In the last competition, I got sick of the colour red:smalltongue:

The discussion thread was red because of you!!:smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-13, 10:26 AM
At least you won't be so excited about it.

In the last competition, I got sick of the colour red:smalltongue:

The discussion thread was red because of you!!:smallbiggrin:

Amen.
Why do I get the feeling that if colors ITP comes around we'll be competing for BLACK this time?
Also: I probably won't be around for the entirety of the next ITP competition.
...eh...

darkblade
2007-10-13, 10:27 AM
Black-itp belongs to me.

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 10:33 AM

You should go for pink, not red. I'm probably going for grey.

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-13, 10:48 AM
It's not easy being green.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-13, 10:50 AM
You should go for pink, not red. I'm probably going for grey.

Yes, but i suspect if this contest took place. It would be only main colours.

Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green?

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-13, 11:17 AM
Don't forget White and Black

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-13, 11:36 AM
Amen.
Why do I get the feeling that if colors ITP comes around we'll be competing for BLACK this time?
Also: I probably won't be around for the entirety of the next ITP competition.
...eh...

I thought of quiting from my Thief nomination, because it fitted you more than me.

But then I saw the trophy...
Oh, thanatos, you should come to my place to see it one day. It's so shiny... and golden and.. did I mention shiny???:smallamused:

Black/gray fit me well, since I'm dressed like a rogue, but I won't go for that.

I want to spend some time alone with my new trophy start working again, the "Kiss/Kill" inn is so crowded these days it's a shame not to pickpocket some fools.

So, VOTE THANATOS FOR BLACK ITP!!

Did you guys know thanatos (Θάνατος) means death?

And he's dressed in black all the time.
It's obvious he'll win it.

banjo1985
2007-10-13, 11:44 AM
My congrats go to all the winners! For once I got a clean sweep I voted for all of you!

I support colours in the playground as the next contest. I think I could give blue or purple a shot!

Castaras
2007-10-13, 12:18 PM
CASTARAS FOR BLUE IN THE PLAYGROUND!

Not only do I wear blue alot, but I am also alot like the colour blue in personality!

How?

Simple! Remember that old Magic the Gathering "What colour are you?" quiz?

Lets have a look at what it said:

You value knowledge, logic, and deceit. (Knowledge? Definitely. Logic? So much fun to use. Deceit? ...I'll pass on that.) You love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. (Pursue wisdom, sure. Learn things. Not really a manipulative sort though...<.<) At your best, you are brilliant and progressive. (Aye, ya) At your worst, you are treacherous and cold. (oui, oui) Your symbol is a water droplet. (I prefer ice to water really...But water's cool. Ice is awesome though.) Your enemies are green and red. (Don't really like the colour green that much...Depends on the red whether I really like it...Dark reds are cool, and reds with hints of purple[Added blue!] are cool as well)

*nod* See? Nearly all those things I am like.

Plus, I like blue! :smallbiggrin:

So vote Castaras for blue!

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 12:19 PM
Black/gray fit me well, since I'm dressed like a rogue, but I won't go for that.

I actually considered you more red or yellow.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-13, 12:21 PM
CURLY FOR PURPLE IN THE PLAYGROUND!
All my speech is in purple, and, quite frankly, whenever I'm not in special avvie mode I wear purple a lot. It's also my favourite colour.
You know it makes sense.

Shadow
2007-10-13, 12:33 PM
You value knowledge, logic, and deceit. (Knowledge? Definitely. Logic? So much fun to use. Deceit? ...I'll pass on that.) You love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. (Pursue wisdom, sure. Learn things. Not really a manipulative sort though...<.<) At your best, you are brilliant and progressive. (Aye, ya) At your worst, you are treacherous and cold. (oui, oui) Your symbol is a water droplet. (I prefer ice to water really...But water's cool. Ice is awesome though.) Your enemies are green and red. (Don't really like the colour green that much...Depends on the red whether I really like it...Dark reds are cool, and reds with hints of purple[Added blue!] are cool as well) Bring it on little girl! :smallwink:

Castaras
2007-10-13, 12:41 PM
Now why would you want to campaign for blue? :smalltongue:

You're alot more like Grey or Black. More Grey, I'd say. Grey brings to mind for me Deceitful, treacherous, Cunning, Stealth. All words I'd use to describe you. Especially in werewolf. :smallamused:

Although...I shouldn't really start campaigning now...Wouldn't be logical to start campaigning before we know for certain the next contest is colours. :smallwink:

Shadow
2007-10-13, 12:46 PM
Knowledge, Logic, Deceit, Wisdom, Manipulation, Brilliant, Progressive, Treacherous, and Cold were the adjectives used to descibe blue.
Do you really have to ask?

Anyway, I don't plan onn campaigning for any more.
If I happen to get nominated for something I may stop in the discussion thread and say a very few words, but after Nale, I'm done campaigning.

[edit] Anyone else have page stretchy here?
What's that from?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 01:12 PM
Oh com'on i am Green itp.

At least way more than mockingbyrd. He does not resemble green in the least.

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-13, 01:16 PM
I could make a good run for Blue.
What color is water (rain) associated with?
Blue!
What's my favorite color?
Blue!
What color do both of my Townies talk in?
Blue! ...or light blue

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-13, 01:21 PM
I could make a good run for red. But I'm holding my campaigns for the awards that I feel I really want. I am patient. I will wait out the unnecessary conflicts until I finally have my chance to pounce.

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-13, 01:44 PM
Oh com'on i am Green itp.

At least way more than mockingbyrd. He does not resemble green in the least.

How so, praytell? Green is a symbol of life, of nature, and of beauty. I have always loved the serenity and peace of nature. Life, beauty, and liberty are what I stand for as a Paladin of Freedom/Bard. Green, like Banjo, is a state of mind, a state in which all is clear and natural. Just because I'm not a ranger or a druid doesn't mean that Green doesn't represent me. Since I was of an age that I was able to comprehend and recognize color, Green was my preference, and it always shall be. Tell me, how do I not resemble green, and how do you?

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 01:45 PM
How so, praytell? Green is a symbol of life, of nature, and of beauty. I have always loved the serenity and peace of nature, and life, beauty and justice are what I stand for. Green, like Banjo, is a state of mind, a state in which all is clear and natural. Just because I'm not a ranger or a druid doesn't mean that Green doesn't represent me. Since I was of an age that I was able to comprehend color, Green was my preference, and it always shall be. Tell me, how do I not resemble green, and how do you?

Green is also a symbol of my vomit on you. (you know what I'm talking about)

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-13, 01:48 PM
Yup, it sure is. Evidence for my theory continues to accrue at a startling rate.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 01:52 PM
How so, praytell? Green is a symbol of life, of nature, and of beauty. I have always loved the serenity and peace of nature. Life, beauty, and liberty are what I stand for as a Paladin of Freedom/Bard. Green, like Banjo, is a state of mind, a state in which all is clear and natural. Just because I'm not a ranger or a druid doesn't mean that Green doesn't represent me. Since I was of an age that I was able to comprehend and recognize color, Green was my preference, and it always shall be. Tell me, how do I not resemble green, and how do you?

I resemble green because i'm a green dragon. Duh :smallbiggrin:

Also i thought this was Colors itp not favorite Colors itp. You say how you love green but from what i know paladins are more towards the white side of things.

And your avvies blue and orange so nyaaah.:smalltongue:

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Raiser_B1ade;3341428Also i thought this was Colors itp not favorite Colors itp. You say how you love green but from what i know paladins are more towards the white side of things.[/QUOTE]

Did you just suggest that paladins are racist?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 01:58 PM
Noooooooo. maybe *runs*

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-13, 02:17 PM
Vespe for Pink :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 02:18 PM
Vespe pink? Why?!

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-13, 02:20 PM
I resemble green because i'm a green dragon. Duh :smallbiggrin:

Also i thought this was Colors itp not favorite Colors itp. You say how you love green but from what i know paladins are more towards the white side of things.

And your avvies blue and orange so nyaaah.:smalltongue:

True, 'tis colors and not favorite colors, but I was simply explaining that it IS my favorite because it stands for what I stand for.

Also, white seems to be more of a neutral color to me; white is not only achromatic, but by definition it is the presence of all colors in the spectrum. It encompasses all of the colors, therefore all aspects of each color; love and hate, war and peace, so on and so forth. I don't see how a Chaotic Good musical paladin is represented by white more than green.

I also don't see how having a beautiful symbol of nature as my avatar matters. Green embodies nature and beauty, and just because a sunset isn't green doesn't mean that it can't be a symbol of Green.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-13, 02:21 PM
Pink = Silly, random, slightly feminine (I'm not ashamed to admit it) and of course, stupid.

I mean, I'm a guy running for pink.

That's stupid.

Stupid = Vespe.

Vespe = Pink.

Vote = Vespe for pink.

Ow. All this maths is hurting my brain :smallwink:

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-13, 02:28 PM
If the next contest is colours and Pink is one of them.

Vespe, It's on like diddy kong :smallwink:

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-13, 02:40 PM
I'll run for Yellow!

What color is always associated happiness?

Yellow.

What color wakes people up in the morning (i.e. sunlight)?

Yellow.

Em wakes everyone in the house up.
Em is happy!
Em is Yellow.

:smile:

darkblade
2007-10-13, 03:09 PM
Darkblade is Black-itp.

Who wears nigh all black?

Darkblade does

Who weilds a blade of darkness?

Darkblade does

Whose soul is black as the very void itself?

Darkblade's soul

Who shall kill your families if you don't vote for him?

Darkblade shall

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 03:11 PM
Dragonprime for gray/silver in the playground! I've always had this gray avatar, so vote for me! (yes I know that's not a very good reason)

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 04:17 PM
I'm so green i make kermit look.... not green!

mockingbyrd7
2007-10-13, 04:50 PM
Very creative, my brother-in-greenhood. Especially since I already said "it's not easy being green" earlier on in this thread. Copycat. :smallwink:

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 05:16 PM
Well i know it's not easy for YOU to be green. Since your not green.:smalltongue:

It is however easy for me to be green.

Volug
2007-10-13, 05:17 PM
My this looks fimiliar......:smalleek:

Supagoof
2007-10-13, 05:37 PM
I'll run for Yellow!

Yellow.

Yellow.

Em is happy!
Em is Yellow.

What color does the MITD hide away from?
Yellow. :smalltongue:

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-13, 06:38 PM
What color does the MITD hide away from?
Yellow. :smalltongue:

But, yellow is associated with light, which is something MitD wants.
So, there. :smalltongue:

BRC
2007-10-13, 07:25 PM
BRC for REDITP
do I really need to explain why?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-13, 07:51 PM
must.... resisit... urge.... to campaign... here...
*failure*

It always bothered me that Black has been assosciated with Evil. They just don't fit together, for me. IF you've read (any of) the Recluse Saga, you know what I'mgoing to drive at, here.

Black, while not technically a color is an abscence of light. The way we see is various wavelengths of electromagnetisim bouncing off various objects and striking our eyes. when we see something black, we are, in fact, receiving no visible wavelengths from the object we are observing. This can lead to oneof two observations about black. The firsst is detailed in Recluse:

Black can be representative of order. This is becuase black excludes everything from it. And doing so, being all-exclusive,is the only way one can be truly ordered. And, while I am a Chaotic Rogue, I have enough order in me to be a cleric, which is more ordered than most chaotic beings. Aye, 'tis true that I lean towards the Neutral end of the spectrum, in fact.

Black can also be represntative of Good. Lets face it, I admit that I'm good-aligned. The color black is quite famous for its low albedio, or reflectivity. It absorbs Heat, light and various other energy forms without immediatly turning it around and doling it out (which other, bright colors, such as white and yellow are all too happy to do). It takes our battering for as, acting as a shield. Its little known, that, IRL, I exhibit Martyr-ish tendancies.

Black can also, as an extension of Order, represent Death (Hey, look, REcluse-readers, I'mcoming back to you, sorry about that "good" tangent!). Becuase, as it rejects everything, it is purely Ordered, and as it absorbs energy, it is all-encompassing. Death fits this bill to a tee. It rejects outsides from knowing about it, ut will, eventually, claim all energy, and absorb it into itself. I am forced to believe this is where Black gets its Evil rep -
(Black=Death, Death=Evil, therefore, Black=Evil.) - People's own fear of Death.

I have always had a Death complex (IRL, my intials are DEF, just imagine a (American) elementary school kid pronoiuncing "deaf", the most common mis-pronunciation is, of course, "Death". I was called Death even in my early years.
Also, Thanatos MEANS Death in Greek, a fact our good I'm Da Rogue has clearly testified to.

It is for these reasons I am suited to be Black itp.
If you just skipped down to the bottom, I don't blame you.

Volug
2007-10-13, 07:53 PM
must.... resisit... urge.... to campaing... here...
*failure*

It always bothered me that Black has been assosciated with Evil. They just don't fit together, for me. IF you've read (any of) the Recluse Saga, you know what I'mgoing to drive at, here.

Black, while not technically a color is an abscence of light. The way we see is various wavelengths of electromagnetisim bouncing off various objects and striking our eyes. when we see something black, we are, in fact, receiving no visible wavelengths from the object we are observing. This can lead to oneof two observations about black. The firsst is detailed in Recluse:

Black can be representative of order. This is becuase black excludes everything from it. And doing so, being all-exclusive,is the only way one can be truly ordered. And, while I am a Chaotic Rogue, I have enough order in me to be a cleric, which is more ordered than most chaotic beings. Aye, 'tis true that I lean towards the Neutral end of the spectrum, in fact.

Black can also be represntative of Good. Lets face it, I admit that I'm good-aligned. The color black is quite famous for its low albedio, or reflectivity. It absorbs Heat, light and various other energy forms without immediatly turning it around and doling it out (which other, bright colors, such as white and yellow are all too happy to do). It takes our battering for as, acting as a shield. Its little known, that, IRL, I exhibit Martyr-ish tendancies.

Black can also, as an extension of Order, represent Death (Hey, look, REcluse-readers, I'mcoming back to you, sorry about that "good" tangent!). Becuase, as it rejects everything, it is purely Ordered, and as it absorbs energy, it is all-encompassing. Death fits this bill to a tee. It rejects outsides from knowing about it, ut will, eventually, claim all energy, and absorb it into itself. I am forced to believe this is where Black gets its Evil rep -
(Black=Death, Death=Evil, therefore, Black=Evil.) - People's own fear of Death.

I have always had a Death complex (IRL, my intials are DEF, just imagine a (American) elementary school kid pronoiuncing "deaf", the most common mis-pronunciation is, of course, "Death". I was called Death even in my early years.
Also, Thanatos MEANS Death in Greek, a fact our good I'm Da Rogue has clearly testified to.

It is for these reasons I am suited to be Black itp.
If you just skipped down to the bottom, I don't blame you.

Amuater:smallbiggrin: .

DraPrime
2007-10-13, 07:58 PM
Gray is sleek
So am I

Gray is sexy
So am I

Gray is cool
So am I

Gray is shiny
So am I

Gray is halfway between black and white
So am I

Dragonprime for Gray in the Playground!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-13, 08:04 PM
'm 'fraid I don't follow, Masato, could you, perchance be more... verbose?

Volug
2007-10-13, 08:08 PM
'm 'fraid I don't follow, Masato, could you, perchance be more... verbose?

Well if you want pointers write it in english:smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2007-10-13, 08:09 PM
*thoughtful analysis of why black is associated with evil and why it should not be*

I think black is usually associated with evil just because it's dark. People are frightened when it's too dark to see. If you don't think that's true, walk outdoors in an unfamiliar area at midnight with no sources of light. It's natural to fear the unknown, and because darkness is so concealing people fear that evil lurks in it. Hence, black=dark=unknown=scary=evil.

Also, dragonprime for gray ITP! Though I'd be his competition, I don't feel like campaigning for something right now. However, I reserve the right to change my mind and campaign for gray later.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-13, 08:12 PM
Well if you want pointers write it in english:smallbiggrin:

That was all english. Even the type-an-accent me saying I won't follow, be more wordy and explain yorself.

I think black is usually associated with evil just because it's dark. People are frightened when it's too dark to see. If you don't think that's true, walk outdoors in an unfamiliar area at midnight with no sources of light. It's natural to fear the unknown, and because darkness is so concealing people fear that evil lurks in it. Hence, black=dark=unknown=scary=evil.

But thats the boring one everyone uses! Besides,I already got the rogue/darkness angle covered by being a rogue.

Volug
2007-10-13, 08:15 PM
That was all english. Even the type-an-accent me saying I on't follow, be more wordy and explain yorself.

It doesn't matter about the accent, 7 out of 8 people won't understand you so what the point you know?

I rox my sox!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-13, 08:17 PM
It doesn't matter about the accent, 7 out of 8 people won't understand you so what the point you know?

I rox my sox!

I believe you underestimate the boards. Besides, thats how I talk - in REAL life.

Volug
2007-10-13, 08:21 PM
I believe you underestimate the boards. Besides, thats how I talk - in REAL life.

I still stand by the statement, it doesn't matter if you talk it in real life..... I don't know why you said that cause it means nothing to help you out in this. Other then you just announced you have a certain accent (No offense).

Even if I did, the majority of people don't use a certain accent. There are tons of accents (probably more then languages I don't know so don't hold it against me) so the probablity that people here use the same accent is NIL!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-13, 08:23 PM
I was referring to the verbose monolouge about the color black to who I talk. My actual accent is pretty much simple, light Bostonian, and it may have a couple Japanese influences.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-13, 09:33 PM
...Dragonlance itp. No, I won't rest until it's done! Even if I have to capture and torture Lord Herman until he does it.

The Extinguisher
2007-10-14, 01:23 AM
I got a vote!
My expectations have been exceeded!

How about 80's Bands ITP?
Not band members. Full bands.

FoE
2007-10-14, 01:54 AM
I'll run for Yellow!

Yellow.

Yellow.

Em is happy!
Em is Yellow.

I would think you're a better candidate for Pink in the Playground.

BUT SERIOUSLY, FOLKS!!! Colours in the Playground? How lame is that? How compelling of an argument can people make that they're the best choice for "Orange" in the Playground?

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-14, 02:39 AM
I would think you're a better candidate for Pink in the Playground...

Are you calling me stupid? :smalltongue:

Castaras
2007-10-14, 02:43 AM
You're a cute little girl. Therefore, pink. :smallamused:

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-14, 02:47 AM
But... but... Nyehehehehe?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-14, 02:51 AM
And now, for something completely different:

Confetti.
That is all.

Castaras
2007-10-14, 02:54 AM
But... but... Nyehehehehe?

That just makes you even cuter in many people's eyes. So nyah. :smallamused:

Shadow
2007-10-14, 03:41 AM
You know it'll be hysterical if Herman decides to do a different one than color after all the pre-campaigning that's going on.
:biggrin:
I would....

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-14, 04:05 AM
You know it'll be hysterical if Herman decides to do a different one than color after all the pre-campaigning that's going on.
:biggrin:
I would....

I wouldn't be at all surprised.