PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bag of Undead, Or Hole of Undead?

Eddieddi
2019-08-22, 05:33 PM
So our Dm has given us each the choice of a bag of holding(class 2), Or a Portable hole. My character (A undead minion based cleric). has 2 handy haversacks (one is a 'satchel' style). So he doesn't need this for storage, But I've been thinking, that since the undead don't need air or anything. He could store his minions in the bag/hole for easy storage. Here are the things I'm considering:
Can skeletons 'disassemble' themselves, because in the fluff it sounds like they can. and it'd make sense.
If not then what are the rules on fitting medium creatures in bags of holding?
If they can disassemble is it considered 'standing up' to re assemble themselves?

So with those basic questions out the way, here are the two ideas I'm going with, Have most of the minions in a bag of holding, and have one minion carry it, when combat starts, get the carrier minion to go and run in to the combat zone, and just turn the bag inside out. suddenly, dozens of combat mooks appear on our side. The other option, is making use of the portable holes ruling on being placed on any flat surface to 'toss' it on to walls and ceilings to have minions come from unexpected angles. I mean having over a dozen skeletons fall from the ceiling on to you in mid combat is pretty ****ing annoying.

What are your opinions on this whole thing, And before someone suggest the portable hole arrow, These items are specifically treated against that (they can't get within 1ft of each other)

Psyren
2019-08-22, 08:51 PM
I'd personally be against undead disassembling and reassembling themselves to fit in a bag of holding, especially as a combat strategy. I don't see any problem with the portable hole option.

unseenmage
2019-08-23, 05:53 AM
No disassembly required. Check out my extended sig where I posted my friend's math in regards to using the Squeezing rules to cram not-alive minions into extradimensional storage.

IIRC I called the thread Folding Constructs or somesuch.

Jack_Simth
2019-08-23, 07:29 AM
Portable Hole, no contest. Compare the actual volume sometime.

Well, OK, if 3.5 is on the table, Enveloping Pit.

KillianHawkeye
2019-08-23, 04:49 PM
Bonus points if you can get your skeletons to unfold themselves like the attack droids in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace? :smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2019-08-23, 06:14 PM
Bonus points if you can get your skeletons to unfold themselves like the attack droids in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace? :smallamused:
For extra funsies, cast Magic Mouth on them to say 'Roger roger' whenever you give them an order.

Elkad
2019-08-23, 09:00 PM
I did the math by real-world example, instead of the squeezing rules, way back in this thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?389235-How-many-skeletons-fit-in-a-Portable-Hole