PDA

View Full Version : FFXV Astrals as patrons

ShutUpImEvil
2019-08-22, 11:33 PM
I just finished FFXV and thought how cool it would be if there was a way to play with abilities similar to Bahamut (who uses a type of sword-kinesis). Anyone know any good builds/homebrews that will let me control a **** tonne of swords with my mind?

Xeko
2019-08-23, 12:14 AM
You don't even really need homebrew.

Spiritual Weapon is a cleric and paladin spell that creates a magical floating weapon. It is not a concentration spell, and you can cast it multiple times, thus creating multiple weapons at once. Although, it takes a bonus action to attack with these weapons, and you only have one bonus action per turn, so there's not much point in doing that.

Animate Objects might be better. It allows you to move multiple objects (the number depends on the size of the objects), and they can all make an attack each turn. I've been toying with the idea of creating a necromancer who doesn't actually use any necromancy spells, and instead just casts Animate Objects on corpses. If a corpse is considered an object, then swords absolutely are. A single casting can move 10 small objects, and you can attack with each of them. The down side would be the spell doesn't create weapons, only brings them to life, meaning you'd have to be carrying around 10 swords on you (plus the weapon you actually use) at all times to make this work. Which might look tacky. Or, might look super cool and thematic, depending on how you play it.

Other options, like telekinesis, do exist as well. But I think, if your aim is to emulate the Armiger from Final Fantasy XV, Animate Objects is probably your best bet.