PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Multiclassing a phantom blade spiritualist - help

Heavenblade
2019-08-23, 04:08 AM
Hi there! I am currently playing a phantom blade spiritualist, and while planning my next levels I stumbled upon the esotric knight prc. I know it isn't that powerful, but I do think that it could be really fun.

The only problem is, that advancing into it makes my blade linger behind, and I don't want that. I asked the GM to allow the phantom ally feat to work with my phantom blade, but he didn't allow it.

So, Im asking you, playgrounders - is there any method to advance the phantom blade (effectively a black blade like the bladebound magus has) while getting into the esotric knight?

It doesn't have to be all levels. 3-4 levels would be great, but I really want to at least dip in that prc.

Thanks in advance!

Heavenblade
2019-08-28, 09:10 AM
Bumping, in case anyone has any ideas?

exelsisxax
2019-08-28, 06:33 PM
There isn't. What do you want from esoteric knight? Magi and phantom blades can probably do that thing already, and don't take a spell progression hit to do so.

StSword
2019-08-28, 06:39 PM
Nothing I think you're DM would allow.

Alternate Paths: Prestige Classes has a line of feats to allow prestige classes to advance class abilities, but if your DM won't even let you repurpose Phantom Ally, I figure the chances of your DM allowing you to create a feat for that purpose are somewhere between slim and none.

Sounds to me like you'd need to wait for a DM with a more generous touch if that's a deal breaker for you.

But I'm with you, players being very discouraged to take prestige classes because of their key abilities being left in the dust is not a good thing.

When AP: PC came out my response was basically "preaching to the choir here."