PDA

View Full Version : Random rolled my next character lol

CTurbo
2019-08-23, 04:40 AM
The DM listed 11 races that we could be. I ask for a 12th so I could roll a d12 to select so he added Orc so of course I roll a 12. I listed the 12 classes in alphabetical order and got Paladin so I guess I'm gonna be a Orc Paladin lol

The funniest part was my friend wanted to random roll also and he legit rolled up an Orc Paladin too.

We're using the standard array and both dumped Int hard. We're also playing twins with the Pirate background oh and lawful good lol

This is going to be a lot of fun. I rolled Devotion and he rolled Vengeance.

I haven't decided on any other details but I think we're both gonna go with big 2 handed weapons.

Just thought I'd share. And as always if anybody had any ideas on where to take this I'm listening lol

Callin
2019-08-23, 07:14 AM
Should of went whole hog and used the random lifetables in Xanathars.

CTurbo
2019-08-23, 09:59 AM
I love random rolling characters, but there were too many restrictions to keep going. There are too many backgrounds to randomize so we stopped with the subclasses.

Looking forward to this though never thought I would play a LG Pirate Orc Paladin!

Sunface
2019-08-23, 11:18 AM
Rolled randomly for a character for the first time a couple months ago and loved it. I never would have picked a tiefling or a monk if left to choose myself, much less both of them together. It's a great catalyst for being creative and thinking of things you wouldn't have otherwise. Using quarterstaff strikes and tail slaps has been a blast.

MagneticKitty
2019-08-23, 04:07 PM
I mean.. could use an online roller that lets you roll odd numbers. Then you could roll background oh well

Bjarkmundur
2019-08-23, 05:32 PM
I've never rolled a character, my group is the kind that sometimes take weeks meticulously crafting our characters before the campaign starts. We aim to have the characters 90% of the way done before session 0, at which point we go deeper into their backstories and personalities to tie the group together.

Is there some ultimate roll-resource for that kind of character creation online?

CTurbo
2019-08-23, 06:35 PM
Brockjones has an online dice roller that lets you roll odd numbers

Random rolling characters is so much fun. One time we random rolled EVERYTHING including stats in order. I ended up with a 13 Cha Lawful Evil Stout Halfling Vengeance Paladin. Rolling for stats in order can be dangerous though as you could end up with a Barbarian with no Str or Dex or full caster with their main casting stat dumped. I got lucky and even though Cha was my lowest stat, I actually ended up with a really good Dex and Con, and I actually had an 18 Int lol. This was an extremely fun character.

Anyway if you've never tried random rolling characters, at least race and class, I highly recommend it. I don't really recommend rolling for stats in order, but it can also be a lot of fun if it doesn't backfire.