PDA

View Full Version : They're making an anime out of Maplestory...

Setra
2007-10-12, 01:18 PM
The end is near, save yourselves! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJW4Ysg8mE)

Tengu
2007-10-12, 01:23 PM
Since media based on videogames are always worse than the actual game... ugh. This will probably suck a lot.

ZeroNumerous
2007-10-12, 01:27 PM
They made an anime about baking bread in various odd and unique shapes. A Maple Story anime is actually more normal than that.

Never thought I'd end up saying that.. :smallconfused:

Setra
2007-10-12, 01:28 PM
They made an anime about baking bread in various odd and unique shapes. A Maple Story anime is actually more normal than that.

Never thought I'd end up saying that.. :smallconfused:
Yeah but Normal doesn't mean good, or bad.

bluish_wolf
2007-10-12, 01:53 PM
There's also going to be one based on Tales of Symphonia (http://ova-tos.com/) this season.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-10-12, 02:23 PM
Since media based on videogames are always worse than the actual game... ugh. This will probably suck a lot.

Not true at all.

No matter how many examples you try to find there will always be Gungrave.

There's also going to be one based on Tales of Symphonia (http://ova-tos.com/) this season.

That appears to be an OVA, so it's hardly "this season".

bluish_wolf
2007-10-12, 02:29 PM
Not true at all.

No matter how many examples you try to find there will always be Gungrave.

Gungrave = the Godfather with zombies.

That appears to be an OVA, so it's hardly "this season".

This year, then? I don't know the appropriate word.

Artemician
2007-10-12, 08:27 PM
Maybe they'll pull something like what they did with Monster Rancher and actually give the thing a plot. Not very optimisistic, though.

DraPrime
2007-10-12, 09:11 PM
Just when I thought anime couldn't get any worse.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-12, 09:27 PM
They made an anime about baking bread in various odd and unique shapes.

Yakitate Japan was a great anime. I see little promise in a Maple Story anime.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-10-13, 02:21 AM
Just when I thought anime couldn't get any worse.

Except that plenty of anime have been better and there are probably some anime made years ago that are still worse.

Ah, Sturgeon's Revalation...

Yakitate Japan was a great anime. I see little promise in a Maple Story anime.

They just do the same tournament arc style thing again and again. Also it doesn't have enough recuring female characters. Tsukiko is cute and all but she doesn't do enough.

Gungrave = the Godfather with zombies.

My point exactly.

This year, then? I don't know the appropriate word.

Neither do I. OVA often don't all come out in the same year. How about, "coming soon", to quote a billion trailers?

They made an anime about baking bread in various odd and unique shapes.

You're not criticising originality are you? Why shouldn't there be an anime about baking, baring the obvious fact that Yakitake Japan gets stale (pun intended) quickly and has too much reliance on puns (thus breaking all three of John Cleese's rules of comedy).

Icewalker
2007-10-13, 02:35 AM
OH GODS NO...

Sorry.

I never liked the game. Played it once, because a friend told me to. Making an anime out of it is...well, the worst idea for an anime I've ever heard, although I don't really pay much attention to these things, so there could be worse I suppose.