PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How Does Mythic Aspect Of The Beast Interact

Allistar
2019-08-25, 02:21 AM
it's a long story, but the jist of it is my character started off by the Aspect of the Beast feat. Later I went alchemist and took a the vestigial arm discovery a couple times, and then we got mythic. This allows him to take the Mythic version of that feat which states

You grow a pair of powerful claws. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage (1d3 if you’re Small). If you already have claws, the damage they deal increases by one die type (d4s become d6s, d3s become d4s, and so on). You can expend one use of mythic power when you hit with both claws during the same round to rend with those claws, dealing extra damage equal to one claw’s damage plus 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus.

There are only 2 parts I'm concerned about are at the beginning. Do I get both another set of claws on my vestigial arms and the die step increase to my existing claws, or one of the two options. The way it's worded I think it would apply both, but that seems way too strong.

Secondary question, how would this interact with the weapon champion feature that says

At first level the weapon champion selects a group of weapons (from the fighter’s list of weapon groups for the weapon training ability) to act as her favored weapons. She is proficient with all these weapons. If the weapon champion has a feat that applies to one of these weapons (such as Weapon Focus), it applies to all the weapons in the group.

Because the feat is increasing the die step of one of my natural attacks, and the weapon champion makes it apply to the entire group would that work even without already having an existing gore attack or what have you?

grarrrg
2019-08-25, 03:59 AM
it's a long story, but the jist of it is my character started off by the Aspect of the Beast feat. Later I went alchemist and took a the vestigial arm discovery a couple times, and then we got mythic. This allows him to take the Mythic version of that feat which states
There are only 2 parts I'm concerned about are at the beginning. Do I get both another set of claws on my vestigial arms and the die step increase to my existing claws, or one of the two options. The way it's worded I think it would apply both, but that seems way too strong.

Mostly a moot point. While you can -have- Claws on your Vestigial Arms, you cannot -use- Claws on your Vestigial Arms (https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9rc5).
(technically, you can use the Claws on your Vestigials, but then you have to forgo a Normal-Arm-Claw attack, so you wind up in basically the same place)

Rynjin
2019-08-25, 12:50 PM
What he said.

Re: Champion stuff: It increases the die of your natural attacks. If you do not have a Gore, there is nothing to increase. However, were you to for example take Feral Mutagen and get the Bite attack, it would apply.