PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Humor Most excellent and totally not bogus alignment names

Greywander
2019-08-25, 04:37 AM
Since there are so many arguments about alignment, I thought it might be helpful to give each alignment a new name so as to discard all the baggage associated with alignments. As such, here is my suggestions for renaming the alignments:

Lawful = Legit
Chaotic = Radical
Good = Righteous
Evil = Wicked
Neutral = Chill

When combined, alignment names occur in the following order: Wicked, Legit, Righteous, Radical, Chill. So now demons are Wicked Radical, devils are Wicked Legit, paladins are Legit Righteous, the nicer rogues are Righteous Radical, the bard is Radical Chill, and the druid is just Chill.

EGplay
2019-08-25, 05:05 AM
Looks chill😎
I'd change neutral to: Chill or {empty}, so you can be straight up Legit, Wicked etc.

Otherwise, modify descriptions to taste and good to go, especially for less serious/grey/gritty games.

Xuc Xac
2019-08-25, 06:03 AM
Looks chill😎
I'd change neutral to: Chill or {empty}, so you can be straight up Legit, Wicked etc.

Otherwise, modify descriptions to taste and good to go, especially for less serious/grey/gritty games.

Or just change neutral to "straight up". I'd change lawful and chaotic to stiff and loose.

Greywander
2019-08-25, 06:10 AM
Hmm, yeah, I suppose you could just drop Chill for neutral alignments, so you can just be Legit or Righteous. Or it could become Totally, so you can be Totally Righteous or Totally Wicked, and Chill is basically True Neutral. So now the bard is Totally Radical, while the druid is still Chill.

As for stiff and loose, I feel like they just don't pack the same punch. Besides, what would this be if we took out Radical?

Zhorn
2019-08-25, 09:49 AM
This is indeed most excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrzkS5xxuc

The Glyphstone
2019-08-25, 09:52 AM
Needs more third alignment axis of Square - Funky.

Mr.Sandman
2019-08-27, 08:33 PM
Why do I have a feeling most conflicts in this world would be settled with a Battle of the Bands?

Beleriphon
2019-09-04, 09:31 PM
Why do I have a feeling most conflicts in this world would be settled with a Battle of the Bands?

And time travel.

I wonder though, is So-crates Legit Chill?

False God
2019-09-04, 10:12 PM
Hmm, yeah, I suppose you could just drop Chill for neutral alignments, so you can just be Legit or Righteous. Or it could become Totally, so you can be Totally Righteous or Totally Wicked, and Chill is basically True Neutral. So now the bard is Totally Radical, while the druid is still Chill.

As for stiff and loose, I feel like they just don't pack the same punch. Besides, what would this be if we took out Radical?

Well you could have Totally be the Law/Chaos neutral and Chill be the Good/Evil Neutral. That way you could be Totally Chill (NN/TN).

EGplay
2019-09-05, 04:39 AM
Well you could have Totally be the Law/Chaos neutral and Chill be the Good/Evil Neutral. That way you could be Totally Chill (NN/TN).

While Legit Chill can work, I don't see chill and radical fitting together.

It could work if you had two descriptions each, so they could be matched appropriately e.g.:

Legit / Bona fide
Radical / Mad
Totally / Straight-up // Chill / Hella
Righteous / Boffo
Wicked / Bad

Although the ordering could get somewhat complicated then...