PDA

View Full Version : Boy, good old roy isn't very b-r-i-g-h-t, is he?

Beatnik gamer
2007-10-12, 04:25 PM
I guess old Roy must have used intelligence as a dump stat. Otherwise he might realize you can have a one night stand at the woman's house.....

Emperor Ing
2007-10-12, 04:28 PM
err...what are you talking about? Please elaborate.

vbushido
2007-10-12, 04:35 PM
I guess old Roy must have used intelligence as a dump stat. Otherwise he might realize you can have a one night stand at the woman's house.....

That doesn't require intelligence; that requires wisdom. My hypothesis is the wo/men of the Tavern don't have a residence and are just astral projections programmed to satisfy whomever enters the tavern. Of course, this is also a good time to find the Conviently Close Inn that Charges by the Hour.

-----
It's a cat thing--you wouldn't understand

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-12, 04:36 PM
He's saying that you could go to the tavern of infinite one-night stands and instead of going to your house you could have a one night stand at the woman's house, which would avoid all the embarassment with bringing a tavern wench back to your mom's house.

@^ Dang ninjad

chibibar
2007-10-12, 04:37 PM
since this is heaven for Roy, I'm sure there is a place they can make out :)

Kaelaroth
I agree with vbushido. They are probably also incarnations of your deepest primal sexual urges, i.e. incredibly buff!

Solo

The Inquisition calls into question the point of this thread.

TDG
2007-10-12, 05:31 PM
The Inquisition calls into question the point of this thread.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/961/spanishinq0go.jpg

...I'm guessing a lot of people expected that :P

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-12, 05:34 PM
At this point, everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Kurald Galain
2007-10-12, 06:03 PM
Since Celia is an Outsider already, couldn't she enter the celestial realm? Sounds fitting for a sylph, no?

SurlySeraph
2007-10-12, 06:09 PM
That doesn't require intelligence; that requires wisdom. My hypothesis is the wo/men of the Tavern don't have a residence and are just astral projections programmed to satisfy whomever enters the tavern. Of course, this is also a good time to find the Conviently Close Inn that Charges by the Hour.

I agree. Most likely, the "women" don't actually HAVE houses, since they come into existence temporarily just for the pleasure of the man in question.

The Extinguisher
2007-10-12, 06:17 PM
Why would people assume that the girls are just astral projections or only there for the one night stands.
Contrary to popular belief, females do enjoy one night stands as well.

Kurald Galain, that's a good point. Maybe her law course is in Celestia.

DraPrime
2007-10-12, 06:18 PM
I agree with vbushido. They are probably also incarnations of your deepest primal sexual urges, i.e. incredibly buff!

Incarnations of my deepest primal sexual urges? I envy Roy. Anyway, since these aren't probably truly real people there is no woman's house. How funny would it be if Roy met an incarnation of Sabine at the tavern?

NikkTheTrick
2007-10-12, 07:25 PM
My deepest urges... I doubt THOSE would be in any lawful... or good... afterlife:smalleek:

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-12, 07:28 PM
Why would people assume that the girls are just astral projections or only there for the one night stands.

True, woman enjoy manizing as much as men enjoy womanizing but I doubt they want to hear us talk about ourselves like that elf said.

Glome
2007-10-12, 07:40 PM

That's true, but I doubt the number of women in Celestia interested in one night stands is anything close to infinite. It also follows the pattern of the other attractions as well. I don't think any other celestial spirits wish to lose every argument or get cut down by adventurers. I also doubt a real person would say 'I'm really interested in hearing you talk about yourself' and actually mean it.

While I'm sure there are other places to hook up with real spirits, I'm pretty sure that what all these attractions have in common is some sort of illusionary nature.

In truth, I think everything except interactions with other real residents of Celestia would get pretty boring after a few millennium. I mean, what fun is winning when you eventually realize that you can never lose?

Finwe
2007-10-12, 08:04 PM
How could only men enjoy one night stands? If women didn't enjoy one night stands, the only people who could have them would be homosexual men.

T.Titan
2007-10-12, 08:20 PM
Hello... the reason we where shown a female at the bar is because Roy is a straight male... I mean the whole point is that the dead person is the center of attention... unless you think they make the female residents serve the male ones: "Oh, sorry, you're female, so instead of getting a one night stand that is really interested in hearing you talk about yourself (substitute whatever women want... as if they know :smalltongue: ) you get to be interested in what the male says and serve him beer"

So it's more likely they're astral constructs and if you want real dead people you do what Roy's Dad did and find one in the rest of the place...

And why would the debate people be punished souls? Don't they have their own planes to take care of?

NerfTW
2007-10-12, 08:32 PM
From experience when moving home after college, going over the woman's house doesn't really help the situation. Your mother still knows what you were doing when you come home the next morning.

Lord Zentei
2007-10-12, 08:51 PM
My deepest urges... I doubt THOSE would be in any lawful... or good... afterlife:smalleek:

Then how would it be a "good" afterlife? :smallfrown:

Well, perhaps the LG afterlife if they're trying to make you feel guilty. CG is looking pretty tempting about now. :smallbiggrin:

Silvermike
2007-10-12, 09:37 PM
Nerf's got it - if you're awkward about having sex in your mom's house, you're definitely going to feel guilty about not coming home.

Additionally, as far as the real/astral projection thing goes, remember that while women enjoy one-night stands, too, it doesn't mean that there would be the requisite infinite number of them who want to have one with Roy, whenever he pleases. It's about as likely as there being a supply of people who spend their eternity losing debates to him.

vbushido
2007-10-12, 10:53 PM

Hence the little slashie I put in the word wo/man (woman or man). Whoever goes to the tavern will see the projections fit their taste. And why projections? Because you can't hurt the feelings of a programmed image by never calling again.

----
Just say HUMAN when you're asked your race

Maratanos
2007-10-12, 10:54 PM
Since Celia is an Outsider already, couldn't she enter the celestial realm? Sounds fitting for a sylph, no?

Fey fey fey. Not outsider.

jamroar
2007-10-13, 02:49 AM
Fey fey fey. Not outsider.

No, they're outsiders. But paraelementals roam the elemental Inner Planes, not the Outer Planes of the afterlives.

Besides, I think sylphs make their homes on the Material Plane anyway.

JaxGaret
2007-10-13, 04:45 AM
I'll say only one thing about this topic: you can have a one night stand anywhere you want, indoors or outdoors.

JaxGaret
2007-10-13, 05:10 AM
Double post.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-10-13, 08:37 AM
Double post.
(Psst! That's what the Delete Post option on the Edit page is for.)

Lissou
2007-10-13, 01:11 PM
Even if the women don't have houses, they can still use the inn itself, can't they?

Also, finwe, you said "How could only men enjoy one night stands? If women didn't enjoy one night stands, the only people who could have them would be homosexual men."
Well, that's because in a lot of cases, women realise it was a one-night stand when the man never calls back.
Which doesn't mean all men are jerks who try to crush women's hopes. Only, sometimes they think it's pretty clear it's not going to last, and to the woman it itsn't clear at all.

But yeah, statistically, at least some women have to enjoy them, I guess. But as was pointed out, there wouldn't be an infinite number wanting to have one with Roy, they wouldn't act that way "I'm so interested in listening to you talk!", and, well, they'd probably want an infinite supply either, and one that fits their tastes.
So, yeah, I'd say the women in the inn are not actual women. PLus, imagine how awkward it would be to bump into your mother or sister? My guess is that there would be 4 inns (one for straight men, one for straight women, one for gay men and one for gay women) at least (maybe 6 if bisexual people have their own), all filled with people who are not real.

Also, I think Roy said that for the joke. And I don't think he spend 3 hours thinking "well, I could go to these (probably unreal) women's houses..."

David Argall
2007-10-13, 03:32 PM
You might consider that infinite numbers make for very odd results. Thus if our tavern of infinite one-night stands has 10 times as many boys as girls, each of the boys can take a girl home for the night. You will be beat out an average of 9 times before you find an agreeable lass [and some poor sucker will lose out an infinite number of times], but there will still be enough women to go around, even if some guys are greedy and want a three-some. Because there are always an infinite number of [non?]ladies left, even after you take out an infinite number.

Now we can question whether we are dealing with infinite numbers here. The world is only around 1100 or so old, and has been sending merely finite numbers to the heaven. That can be large, but it is still not infinite, or even close. However, we have no particular reason to assume this is the only world sending souls to the tavern. In fact, we can assume an infinite number of worlds, which of course would supply an infinite number of souls.

T.Titan
2007-10-13, 04:53 PM
My guess is that there would be 4 inns (one for straight men, one for straight women, one for gay men and one for gay women) at least (maybe 6 if bisexual people have their own), all filled with people who are not real.

As a magical construct one building would suffice... (and why would bisexuals have 2 bars?)

Kurald Galain
2007-10-13, 06:41 PM
Also, finwe, you said "How could only men enjoy one night stands? If women didn't enjoy one night stands, the only people who could have them would be homosexual men."

Well, obviously, the "tavern of infinite one-night stands" can be visited by any person in heaven, and in there said person will meet someone (or several someones) of the appropriate desired gender that is willing to have a one-night stand.

Since Roy happens to be straight, the person he seens in the Inn is female. If, say, Haley would go there (except that she's not lawful, but I suspect the other afterlifes have similar inns) she would meet several guys that look a lot like Elan. And, presumably, a bunch of girls as well. Because hey, this is your heaven.

warmachine
2007-10-13, 07:06 PM
How could only men enjoy one night stands? If women didn't enjoy one night stands, the only people who could have them would be homosexual men.
With women who are looking for relationships or otherwise don't enjoy one night stands but keep on trying. Yes, I know women aren't that dumb but you did ask how.

Kami2awa
2007-10-14, 05:31 AM
Well, obviously, the "tavern of infinite one-night stands" can be visited by any person in heaven, and in there said person will meet someone (or several someones) of the appropriate desired gender that is willing to have a one-night stand.

Since Roy happens to be straight, the person he seens in the Inn is female. If, say, Haley would go there (except that she's not lawful, but I suspect the other afterlifes have similar inns) she would meet several guys that look a lot like Elan. And, presumably, a bunch of girls as well. Because hey, this is your heaven.

Hmmm I don't think meeting ppl who look exactly like the lover you left behind on Earth when you died would be nice.

Paladin29
2007-10-14, 06:16 AM
I donīt think Roy wants anything more that talk with the woman, he is lawfull and it means "loyal" to Celia (at least i want to believe that :smallfrown: )

thereaper
2007-10-15, 01:16 AM
You might consider that infinite numbers make for very odd results. Thus if our tavern of infinite one-night stands has 10 times as many boys as girls, each of the boys can take a girl home for the night. You will be beat out an average of 9 times before you find an agreeable lass [and some poor sucker will lose out an infinite number of times], but there will still be enough women to go around, even if some guys are greedy and want a three-some. Because there are always an infinite number of [non?]ladies left, even after you take out an infinite number.

Now we can question whether we are dealing with infinite numbers here. The world is only around 1100 or so old, and has been sending merely finite numbers to the heaven. That can be large, but it is still not infinite, or even close. However, we have no particular reason to assume this is the only world sending souls to the tavern. In fact, we can assume an infinite number of worlds, which of course would supply an infinite number of souls.

Personally, I don't think I believe that it's really an infinite plane; only so ridiculously large that it seems infinite. Sure, they claim it's infinite, but really, the Gods themselves only seem to have a finite amount of power, so how could they create something infinite? Eventually, there's probably some kind of reincarnation/world-restart that would occur.

Yeril
2007-10-15, 01:57 AM
I don't know, I would assume roys Mom has visited the tavern quite a few times :smallwink: