PDA

View Full Version : For those who have played Saltmarsh, what class did you play?

ToastyTobasco
2019-08-25, 06:04 PM
I am curious to peoples experiences in Saltmarsh (SPOILER FREE PLEASE). What class did you play, did you enjoy it or would there be another class you would run with for another go at it?

Chad.e.clark
2019-08-25, 09:30 PM
Currently playing through it in AL with an Ancients Paladin/ Shadow Sorcerer, currently on Ch 4. Has been fun so far. Rest of the group are two warlocks, a bladesinger wizard, and a rogue.

ToastyTobasco
2019-08-25, 10:44 PM
Currently playing through it in AL with an Ancients Paladin/ Shadow Sorcerer, currently on Ch 4. Has been fun so far. Rest of the group are two warlocks, a bladesinger wizard, and a rogue.

Ancients and Shadow? Thats a very interesting flavor. What made you choose that and could you tell me a little about that character?

Chad.e.clark
2019-08-27, 08:00 AM
Ancients and Shadow? Thats a very interesting flavor. What made you choose that and could you tell me a little about that character?

Chapter 1 Saltmarsh spoilers:

So Geoffery Craghelm is a new member of the Emerald Enclave, sent to investigate the rumours of necromancy surrounding the town of Saltmarsh. He doesn't buy any of it, thinking its just a bunch of skittish city-slickers. His search led him and the group he was with to an abandoned house with a group of skeletons and the undead wizard who created them. Geoffrey was nearly dropped when swarmed by the skeletons and hit with a strange alchemical bomb from the wizard. Ever since that point, Geoffery has felt "off".

Since Geoffery was the only one injured by the undead encounter, I wanted to have that feed into his story, ergo the level of shadow sorceror as a "corruption" of sorts. The cantrips he picked up are shape water, mold earth, prestidigitation and ray of frost, with first level spells absorb elements and ice knife. Trying to stay with kind of a nature theme to fit with the Ancients Oath.