PDA

View Full Version : Jaerc's Feats

Jaerc
2007-10-12, 04:28 PM
This is phase one of my editing of my feats. I will now present my feats in alphabetical order, as a .pdf document hosted from my own site.

In the near future I will also have a copy of that list in forums form in this post. I will be updating this thread with new feats. Finally I am asking for help with editing, for both grammar and balance on this document. If you are interested contact me either via PM or on this thread.

I present...

JAERC’S FEATS (http://www.dotradical.net/jaerc/Jaerc's%20Feats%20Handout%20(8%20October).pdf)

Jaerc
2007-10-12, 04:30 PM
This post reserved.

Jaerc
2007-10-12, 04:31 PM
This post is... also... reserved.

*lightening cracks*

Jaerc
2007-10-12, 04:36 PM
THEURGIC DETERMINATION
Prerequisites: Ability to cast 4rd level arcane and divine spells, Knowledge (arcana) 13 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 13 ranks
Benefits: Once per day you can spend 1 minute in arcane prayer. You gain back 1d6 levels of spells. These regained spells must be spells you've cast since you last prepared spells.

BALANCE DEVOTION
The scales empower you to keep them even.
Benefit Once per day as a swift action you gain a pool of 2 points that you can spend. Each point can either be spent to increase your AC or attack by +1. Every five levels thereafter the pool increases by 2, to a maximum of 8 points. At the beginning of your next action you can reallocate the points. This effect lasts 1 minute.
Special You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one more daily use each time you take it. Additionally, if you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each three turn or rebuke uses you expend.

CAVERN DEVOTION
Your respect of the deep earth grants you aid.
Benefit Once per day as a swift action you gain a +10 sacred (or profane if you serve an evil deity) bonus to your speed for one minute. When you attain 10th level you also gain temporary hit points equal to twice your cleric level; this effect also lasts 1 minute. When you reach 15th level you gain a +2. When you attain 20th level you gain damage reduction 3/- for th duration.
Special You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one more daily use each time you take it. Additionally, if you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each three turn or rebuke uses you expend.

Jaerc
2007-10-13, 09:06 PM
ARCANE TRAINING [General]
You have received training in the art of arcane magic.
Benefit You may choose learn three levels worth of arcane spells from sorcery/wizard, or wu jen spell list. You may cast these spells as a mage of your character level. It is possible that you may know spells that you cannot cast, since you can only cast spells of a level that a sorcerer of your level could cast. You may cast each spell once per day. These spells refresh after eight hours of rest followed by 15 minutes of concentrated meditation or study.
Special Arcane Training can be selected as a Background feat. In that case chose six levels worth of spells rather than three. You may take this feat more than once, selecting the three new levels worth of spells each time.

COURAGE OF THE SEA
You know that with the sea to protect you, you are unmatchable
Prerequisite Profession (sailor) 9 ranks
Benefit When on board a sailing vessel, you gain a +2 morale bonus on all saving throws, and an additional +4 against fear effects.

CULTIVATED VERSATILITY [Background]
Your experience is many faceted and so too become your abilities.
Benefit Choose a 1st level non-spellcasting ability listed in the special column of any base class. You gain this ability, and can access it as the base class could at 1st level. If this ability normally would improve over time, your version does not.
Special You may only take this feat at 1st level.

IDEAL CHAMPION
Your paladin spell list is enhanced
Prerequisite Paladin 1st level
Benefit When you gain this feat choose two thematically linked domains, or two domains granted by your deity. You add the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level spell granted by this domains as paladin spells of the same levels. You do not gain the granted powers of the domains.

MARTIAL TRAINING [Background] [General]
Your time training for combat has left you proficient in the art of war
Benefit You may choose either one of the following to learn. Three simple weapon proficiencies, two martial weapon proficiencies, one martial weapon and one armour proficiency, one martial weapon proficiency and one shield proficiency, one shield proficiency and one armour proficiency, or one exotic
weapon proficiency. Additionally for the purposes of prerequisites you are considered a fighter with a level equal to your HD for those proficiencies.
Special Martial Training can be selected as a Background feat. In that case chose two of the options presented, you gain the benefits of both. You may choose the same benefit twice. You may take this feat more than once, selecting the same or a new option each time.

MERRY MAN OF THE STORM
When the storm rages, you draw it's power for yourself.
Prerequisites Wis 15
Benefit While you are affected by a natural storm you gain the effects of a positive level. Furthermore once per encounter while under this affect you gain get a +4 morale bonus to a saving throw of your choice.

PIRATE'S CHARGE
The rolling motion of the sea works in your favour
Prerequisite Sea Legs, BAB+6, Profession (sailor) 10 ranks
Benefit When on board a sailing vessel, you may charge and then make a full attack.

PIOUS SOUL [Background] [General]
Through your prayers you are granted divine spells
Benefit You may choose learn three levels worth of divine spells from cleric or shugenja spell list. You may cast these spells as a priest of your character level. It is possible that you may know spells that you cannot cast, since you can only cast spells of a level that a favoured soul of your level could cast. You may cast each spell once per day. These spells refresh after eight hours of rest followed by 15 minutes of concentrated meditation or prayer.
Special Pious Soul can be selected as a Background feat. In that case chose six levels worth of spells rather than three. You may take this feat more than once, selecting the three new levels worth of spells each time.

POISONSHIELD
Your toughness can shut down any poison.
Prerequisite Great Fortitude, Con 15
Benefit When you succeed on the initial Fortitude save against poison, you do not need to make a another saving throw for secondary effects, your body has already purged the poison.

POWERLINES IN YOUR BLOODLINES [Ancestor]
A sizzling power lies within your blood.
Prerequisites Cha 15, performed appropriate ancestry rite
Benefit You gain resistance to electricity 5. Once per day as a swift action you may use scorching ray (electricity) as a spell-like ability.
Special You may select Powerlines In Your Bloodlines as a Background feat. In such a case you forgo the cost of the ritual and use your granted spell-like ability twice per day.

[b]REVISED SEA LEGS
You're no landlubber
Prerequisite Profession (sailor) 4 ranks
Benefit When on board a sailing vessel, you gain a +3 bonus on Balance and Tumble checks, as well as a +2 bonus on Initiative checks.

SAILOR'S STANCE
You are accustomed to the terrain of sea bound ships.
Prerequisite Profession (sailor) 8 ranks
Benefit When on board a sailing vessel you gain a +1 on attack rolls and AC.

SNOWFLAKE MASTERSTEP
You are a master of the death dance, and leave your enemies naught but blood on thew snow.
Prerequisite Inspire greatness ability, Perform (dance) 18 ranks, Snowflake Wardance
Benefit Once you have initiated the snowflake wardance you may expend an additional four uses of bardic music to enter into this mastery stance, as a standard action. You cannot use this feat if you are carrying a shield, wearing medium or heavy armour or carrying a medium or heavy load. Your base speed increases by 20 feet. You gain a temporary +4 bonus to Dexterity and Charisma, as well as a +4 morale bonus to Will saves and a +4 dodge bonus on AC. You add your (improved) Charisma modifier to any slashing weapon you wield in one hand. A snowflake masterstep lasts for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your ranks in Perform dance. When the snowflake masterstep ends, so to does your snowflake wardance. You may prematurely end your snowflake masterstep. At the end of the snowflake masterstep you become exhausted for the next 10 minutes.

TALENTED [Background] [General]
You have a natural knack for certain skills
Benefit Choose two thematically linked skills. You must approve any the gaining of this feat with the DM. You gain a +3 bonus on all checks with those two skills and add them to class list(s) henceforth. See examples of Talented in the table below.

[b]Name +3 bonus to skills
Acrobatic Jump and Tumble
Adept Spellcraft and Use Magic Device
Agile Balance and Escape Artist
Artist Any two Perform
Alertness Listen and Spot
Athletic Climb and Swim
Craftsman Any two Craft
Deceitful Disguise and Forgery
Deft Hands Sleight of Hand and Use Rope
Diligent Appraise and Decipher Script
Eldritch Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft
Investigator Gather Information and Search
Negotiator Diplomacy and Sense Motive
Nimble Fingers Disable Device and Open Lock
Persuasive Bluff and Intimidate
Rugged Knowledge (nature) and Survival
Scholarly Any two Knowledge
Stealthy Hide and Move Silently
Urbane Any two Profession checks

Special Talented can be selected as a Background feat. In that case choose four skills rather than two. You may take this feat more than once, it's effects do not stack, but rather apply to two new skills each time.
Note This is a revision of all +2/+2 skill bonus feats.

WAVERIDING WARRIOR
The constant motion of the ship does not hinder you, indeed it is your best friend
Prerequisite Profession (sailor) 14 ranks
Benefit When on board a sailing vessel may, once per encounter use this feat. You gain a 20% miss chance for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your HD.

WILD SOUL [Background] [General]
Through your devotion to the earth you gain natural spells
Benefit You may choose learn three levels worth of divine spells from druid or spirit shaman spell list. You may cast these spells as a transcendentalist of your character level. It is possible that you may know spells that you cannot cast, since you can only cast spells of a level that a spirit shaman of your level could cast. You may cast each spell once per day. These spells refresh after eight hours of rest followed by 15 minutes of concentrated meditation or prayer.
Special Wild Soul can be selected as a Background feat. In that case chose six levels worth of spells rather than three. You may take this feat more than once, selecting the three new levels worth of spells each time.

Mr. Moogle
2007-10-13, 10:34 PM
Wow... Just WOW you are a walking feat-homebrewing MACHINE Jaerc. You have seriously blown my mind.

Goober4473
2007-10-13, 11:00 PM
When you reach 15th level you gain a +2.

A +2 what? You mentioned speed and temporary hit points, not any bonus.

Reptilius
2007-10-13, 11:49 PM
You are granted a +4 bonus on all Charisma checks as well as Charisma-based skills, excepting
Use Magic Device, involving good creatures. This acts as a -4 penalty on all Charisma checks as well
as Charisma-based skills, excepting Use Magic Device, involving good creatures.

From the pdf. You say you get both +4 and -4 for Cha checks with good creatures?

Jaerc
2007-10-14, 12:58 AM
Than Mr. Moogle. You know what they say, 'you are what you eat.' Er... right. Moving along.

Goober, I clearly meant a +2 awesome bonus. :P But, more seriously, I'll go look at my notes and fix that in the morning.

Reptilius, it appears that I have been assaulted by typo'ri. Thank you for the catch.

Neon Knight
2007-10-14, 05:32 AM
NOTE: The following is constructive criticism. This is my honest opinion on the relative power value and utility of these feats. Also, bad jokes. I apologize for those in advance. They’re intended to show I’m not angry or belligerent. I’m poking fun to try to be witty and amusing, not to insult or belittle.

ARCANE TRAINING: Eh? Wouldn't someone with arcane training have levels in a spellcasting class? What's the purpose of this feat?

Also, does it just you the ability to cast these spells? So a wizard could take this and get a whole extra spell level of spells per day?

COURAGE OF THE SEA: Well, it's a combination Great Fortitude/Iron Will/Lightning Reflexes with the caveat of having to be sea born for it to work. In a sea based campaign, most probably too powerful. Otherwise, meh.

CULTIVATED VERSATILITY: Kinda weird, considering I could get the barbarian's rage using this. I'm so cultivated, I can fly into a berserker rage! XAVIER SMASH! Class features are usually more powerful than feats (except for the fighter's, which are bonus feats) but this doesn't seem too powerful.

I don't giving out class features for the price of a feat though, even if it is a permanently weak non-scaling version. Also, does this work with variants? Cause if so, you can use this to get Pounce from a Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion.

IDEAL CHAMPION: The paladin's spellcasting isn't that hot to begin with, and most domains aren't that impressive. Probably okay power wise.

MARTIAL TRAINING: Okay, what are you talking about when you say: "Additionally for the purposes of prerequisites you are considered a fighter with a level equal to your HD for those proficiencies." No Proficiencies I know of require fighter levels. Are you talking about Fighter feats? Quite frankly, I think you're being mean to the poor Fighter if you hand out Fighter level equivalences for the price of a feat. Even a Warblade only counts as a Fighter equal to his Warblade level-2.

Proficiency feats are normally considered a poor choice, and this feat doesn't change that. At the end of the day, the difference between most weapons is 1.5 average damage, which is insignificant even at low levels.

Also, I'd remove the benefits for taking this feat at first level, as it makes the human racial bonus feat more powerful. Just my opinion.

MERRY MAN OF THE STORM: Why the WIS 15 prerequisite? WIS is... heck, WIS is a whole jumble of confusing things. Perception, willpower...

This feat just doesn't make sense. Positive level? Is that a real effect? I've heard of a negative level, but never a positive one. How does a positive level work?

PIRATE'S CHARGE: It's pounce limited to a single environment! Everyone will take this in a sea campaign. Otherwise, no one will. The prerequisites probably keep it from being overpowered, and keep it out of the hand of classes that need it like Fighters.

PIOUS SOUL: Once again, if they are truly so pious the god grants them favor, wouldn't they have cleric levels or Favored Soul levels? Paladin levels? I'm against granting class features with feats. See all comments on Martial Training/Arcane Training/Cultivated Versatility.

POISONSHIELD: Interesting. Personally, I don't encounter poison all that much when I'm a player, nor do I use it that often as a DM. Hmmm...

I sort of like the idea of someone being so tough they shrug off the second roll, but limiting it to poison makes it too weak. How bout this:

IRON MAN [Furious Headbanging]
Prerequisite: Great Fortitude, CON 16
Benefit: When you succeed on an initial fortitude save, sequential fortitude saves made for secondary effects are automatic successes.

SEA LEGS: Part Acorbatic, Part Agile, Part half Improved Initiative, but only at sea! It's the Cthulhu-Frankenstein Feat! GRROOOOOAAAANNNN FHTAGN! If a sea based campaign, every swashbuckler-type will take this. If not, well, obviously no one will take it.

SAILOR'S STANCE: So it's universal Weapon Focus and Dodge, but only on a ship? Not very powerful.

SNOWFLAKE MASTER STEP: I, uh, can't comment on this one.

... I wonder if a giant shaking his dandruff on you counts as "snowflakes?"

TALENTED: A revision of all those not worth it +2 skill feats. Pretty good actually. Still probably isn't worth it, but much better than it was.

WAVERIDING WARRIOR: Another one? Le sigh. Powerful, but to what magnitude much I don't know. Actually sounds like something out of ToB...

Aha! Child of Shadow, a Shadow Hand, stance grants concealment, among which benefits is a 20% miss chance. I can either take this feat and get it once per encounter for a limited time period in a limited location, or I can take the Martial Stance feat and get Child of Shadow, which lasts as long as I want it.

So, yeah. You may want to revise this one, as you aren't stacking up to the ToB.

WILD SOUL: See all the other feats like this and why I do not like them. Potential to be a munchkin's wet dream.

THEURGIC DETERMINATION: Spell casters are already the most powerful characters in DnD. Allowing them to get their spells back in a minute removes one of the few limitations they possessed. True, they can't get all of them back, but they can always get their highest spell level back. This is too powerful.

BALANCE DEVOTION: Does "Every five levels thereafter" refer to the level after you take the feat? Cause if so, way to mess up people who took this late. Hmmm... Not really all that powerful. Do the points spent last all day?

REMOVE THE "CAN BE FUELED BY TURN UNDEAD USES" ASAP! TURN UNDEAD USES ARE THE SOURCE OF DIVINE META CHEESE! NIGHTSTICKS! DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

CAVERN DEVOTION: I feel this feat doesn't... make much sense. A god of the Deep Earth allows me to move faster? Shouldn't it grant something like blindsight or a burrowing speed?

LEAVE THIS INNOCENT FEAT, TURN UNDEAD! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YE! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YE! (Irony.)

Closing Comments:

SEA FEATS: A well balanced feat is one that causes hesitation. ONe that makes you say, "I could take Feat A, but then I'd miss out on Feat B... Huh. Both are equally powerful. This is a tough decision."

Many of these sea feats feel a bit too powerful if one is playing in a sea based campaign. Generally, players will not see the sea unless the campaign is specifically a sea based one. Under these circumstances, many of these feats are more powerful in comparison than others one can take.

TRAINING FEATS: Personally, I am against these feats. I don't like them at all. If one has arcane training, isn't that best represented by a level of Wizard, not a feat? If one has martial training, shouldn't one have levels of Fighter?

It's kind of against the whole point of a class based system if class features aren't unique and can be acquired without taking levels in the actual class. Plus, if they work the way I think they do, many of these feats are overpowered, particularly if taken by an arcane spellcaster. You never said a wizard couldn't take arcane training.

And I'm done being weird/attempting to be funny and failing.

playswithfire
2007-10-14, 09:59 AM
WAVERIDING WARRIOR: Another one? Le sigh. Powerful, but to what magnitude much I don't know. Actually sounds like something out of ToB...

Aha! Child of Shadow, a Shadow Hand, stance grants concealment, among which benefits is a 20% miss chance. I can either take this feat and get it once per encounter for a limited time period in a limited location, or I can take the Martial Stance feat and get Child of Shadow, which lasts as long as I want it.

So, yeah. You may want to revise this one, as you aren't stacking up to the ToB.

In fairness, a non-martial adept would have to take Martial Study and Martial Stance to get Child of Shadow since you need a maneuver to take Martial Stance. Child of Shadow also only gives concealment while moving I believe so once you stand and fight, you're not concealed. Though you can still get Child of Shadow sooner assuming you have the extra feat.

Still an interesting idea; couple possible tweaks (take with as large a grain of salt an deemed appropriate):
Maybe lower the prerequisite number of ranks in Profession(sailor)
Maybe allow an attack of opportunity against opponents who miss due to the miss chance caused by this feat (counting against your total per round)
Not sure whether to suggest increasing the duration as I assume it's being relatively short represents the facts that other characters develop their sea legs and begin to compensate for the boat's motion, but maybe full HD or ranks in Profession(sailor)

Over all, looks like good stuff

Jaerc
2007-10-14, 11:50 PM
Thank you very much Kasrkin, I'll try my best to address your concerns and justify the power level presented.

As for the sea feats; I tried to use examples from the Environmental Series (Frostburn-Dungeonscape) for what sort of bonuses were appropriate in limited environments.

Also try to look at the bonus granted holistically. What I mean is Courage of the Sea grants a +2 on all saves, not the Great <Save> feats.

Regarding the rank requirements of the 'sea' themed feats; they were originally written for a world where the breakdown is, as follows.

1-4: Young characters or characters newly exploring their lives.
5-9: Characters who are established in the world maybe even skilled
10-14: Characters who are quite skilled and experienced
15-20: The upper echelons of society; powerful knights, ranked priests, professors, and merchant princes.
21-26: High priests, mighty warlords, archmagi, the true movers and shakers of the world
27+: The very pinnacles of mortal power: legendary kings, pious heads of churches, and so forth. One in a generation types.
50: Level cap on mortals, less than a handful have, do, or ever will exist.

So a relatively 'average' dwarven naval officer can pick up those feats pretty easily.

Please note that Ideal Champion is can be used with Fax_Celestias' or OW4's Paladins. Does this change your opinion or am I still golden?

The wisdom requirement was meant to represent 'in-tune-ness' with nature. Do you have a suggestion for a better one? Also I'm not if positive levels exist in

WotC material, but you'll see them pop up in some my work. Here's what they do.

* +1 on all skill checks and ability checks.
* +1 on attack rolls and saving throws.
* +5 hit points.
* +1 effective level
* If the creature casts spells, use powers, manuevers, mysteries, utterances, etc. he gains access to one additional "spell" slot (or equivalent) of his highest-level, currently available spell. (If he has more than one type of ability at his highest level, he chooses which one he gains.)

Poison is a a pretty relevant factor in the game until 15th level, at which point the DCs become to pitiful and the remove methods too easy unless the entire encounter is based around poison.

I will happily ask advice on Iron Man, though as it seems to be better balanced.

Snowflake Masterstep is a continuation of Snowflake Wardance, a feat found in Frostburn.

Child of Shadow did not occur to me when I wrote WW up, that said, as playswithfire pointed out it would require two feats for a non-martial adept to get.

Perhaps I should have it last for the duration of the encounter, period? Or a Tactical feat...

Before answering your critique on the devotion feats, go and look at Complete Champion where the rules for them are spelled out and many examples are provided. Turn Undead uses are automatically allowed to return devotional(?) uses.

Now rather than ignore any turn fueled expenditure abilitity or not use that as a mechanic I prefer to fix the problem at the source.

Jaerc's version of...

Nightstick: This ivory rod is inset with religious symbols of various deities of life. After attuning himself with one by keeping it in his possession for at
least 24 hours, a nightstick grants a cleric the advantage of the Extra Turning feat. He gains four extra turn attempts per day. A cleric may only be attuned
with a single nightstick at any given time. A similar item, an ebony rod carved with various symbols of patrons of death, may be used to gain uses of rebuke undead.
Moderate necromancy; CL 10th; Craft Rod, Extra Turning, class ability to turn or rebuke undead; Price 7,500 gp.
Thanks, Witch

I'll save my version of DMM for a little later. :smallwink:

Now it's getting late so I'll talk about the the multiclass depenalizers and the design philosophy behind that, tomorrow. Please do think this is a brush off. :smallcool:

Jaerc
2007-11-06, 05:08 PM
FILL THE GAP
You are adept at preserving a line and defending your allies.
Prerequisites Dex 13, Int 13, Combat Expertise, BAB +6
Benefit Choose one square that you threaten. Foes may not use that square to flank or use the aid another action in any way. Additionally if you have any abilities regarding line of effect you can treat that square as if it were your own for these abilities.

ANCESTRAL HERITOR [Background]
You tap into the ancient knowledge of your ancestors
Benefit Once per day you gain a +1 insight bonus to all attack, damage, ability checks, saving throws and skill rolls for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your HD (to a minimum of 1).

SYMBOLOGIST
You have cultivated absolute precision in your drafting skill.
Prerequisites Craft (drawing) 7 ranks, ability to cast 3rd level spells
Benefit For all spells that require to you scribe a magical character to complete the spell you add +2 to your caster level. Additionaly when you scribe scrolls you it takes one less day that usual, and for the purposes of base price is considered one level lower.
NoteCheck with your DM, you may be allowed to substitute a suitable Craft skill for Craft (writing).

IMAGO
You have learned how to visualize the precise effect your spell will have, despite it's inherent nature.
Prerequisites Int 17, ability to cast 6th level spells spontaneously
Benefit Choose a number of spells equal to your Intelligence modifier. You may alter those spells as if you possessed the Mastery of Shaping ability.

I've been busy with work on my CS, ALfoH development, and NotCon, but I hope to get back to work on my feat's soon. :smallsmile:

Jaerc
2007-11-10, 02:00 AM
COLD DEVOTION [Domain]
Your faith can summon forth powerful guardians.
Benefit Once per day as a standard action, when you are within 30 ft of at least 2 lbs of snow, you may summon forth an ice paramental. The creature remains and follows your commands for 1 minute. The size of the paramental is based on your character level, as given in the table below

Level Ice Paramental
1-5 Small
6-10 Medium
11-16 Large
16-20 Huge

COMPETITION DEVOTION [Domain]
You are rarely bested in direct competition.
Benefit Once per day you may as a swift action activate the granted ability. Choose one opponent, on your next opposed roll against that opponent you get a bonus based on their HD.

Level Bonus
10+ higher +2
5+ higher +3
1+ higher +4
Equal +5
-1 lower +4
-5 lower +3
-10+ lower +2

COMMUNITY DEVOTION [Domain]
Your confidently protect your family drawing from each of their inner strengths to forge a powerful aegis.
Benefit Once per encounter as an immediate action you can activate a protective aura. While it is active everyone you consider an ally within 30 ft gains a +1 sacred (or profane if you serve an evil deity) bonus to AC for every ally within the aura. Class features do not generate bonuses, nor do followers, summoned creatures, or creatures with and Intelligence less than 3. This effect lasts for 1 minute.

WARRIORS GRACE
You are not bound by the weights of the world.
Prerequisites BAB +12, Dex 19, Str 19 [need new ones]
Benefit You can wear armor that is one step higher, without sacrificing the use of class abilities, than normal. Furthermore you do not take penalties for being moderately encumbered.

SKILL MASTERY
You almost never fail when working with your chosen skill.
Prerequisites Skill Focus (chosen skill), level 6+
Benefit Choose one skill. Once per round you may reroll a chosen skill role you have just made, but must accept the result even if it is worse. Additionally, you may now take 10 with your chosen skill even when distracted or threatened.

PERFECT SKILL MASTERY
You never fail when working with your chosen skill.
Prerequisites Skill Focus (chosen skill), Skill Mastery (chosen skill)
Benefit With your chosen skill you may now take 20 with your even when distracted or threatened. Furthermore this only take five times as long as normal, rather than twenty.

CYNOSURE MEDITATION
Your understanding of the deeper levels of meditation allows you to tightly control your psionic focus.
Prerequisites Wis 13, Concentration 4 ranks
Benefit To gain the benefit of this feat you must engage in at least ten minutes of uninterrupted meditation. Once after your meditation, when you expend you psionic focus, you instantly regain it. For the purposes of abilities that require to to retain your psionic focus, it is as if, it never was expended.

Jaerc
2007-12-29, 06:22 AM
Major updates to the the pdf. (http://www.dotradical.net/jaerc/Jaerc's%20Feats%20Handout%20(29%20December).pdf) This means lots more feats, and some corrections to older ones.

I'm still looking for help with a variety of tasks. If your interested and qualified, please let me know.

Jaerc
2008-01-10, 07:44 PM
ABRUPT JUMP [FIGHTER]
You can leap at a moments notice.
Prerequisites Jump 9 ranks, BAB +11
Benefit Once per encounter, while unencumbered and wearing light armour you can substitute a jump check for your free five-foot step.

SPARRING BLOW [FIGHTER]
You can pull your strike back, for mercy or for torture.
Prerequisite BAB +6, Int 13
Benefit Before you roll your weapon damage you may set a maximum amount of damage that you will deal. If the roll results in less damage then you set, you deal that lesser amount instead. If you deal more damage than you set, you instead do the set amount.
Additionally, once per encounter you can designate you attack action to deal nonlethal damage.

Jaerc
2008-02-06, 12:27 AM
ARDENT TURNING
Your intense conviction punishes the wicked when you turn them.
Prerequisites Ability to turn or rebuke, able to cast 6th level divine spells.
Benefit You can expend an additional turn or rebuke attempt as a free action when you make a turning attempt. When successfully turned creatures would normally flee, they cower instead. When successfully rebuked creatures would normally cower, they are considered helpless instead.

Cieyrin
2008-02-06, 12:42 PM
your craft devotion feat doesn't make sense use-wise, as i don't see any limited abilities in the feat. As you can only make one item a day or so, having more than once a day seems like a waste. Also, what Craft skills are associated with which Craft feat? I figure weaponsmithing, bowmaking and armorsmithing w/ craft magic arms and armor but what about wondrous devices and the like? i like the feat, i just need these things cleared up, as i think a devotee of a craft god will probably have an easier time of making things then someone who isn't as devoted

Jaerc
2008-02-07, 05:45 AM
I do need to take the standard Devotion template Special text out. Or change it. You might permanently sacrafice a turning attempt to gain this feat, ala Legacy items.

The feat leaves skills ambiguous: if it's a Craft skill it applies.