Tempest cleric
Way of astral self monk

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-08-26, 01:13 AM
What would compliment this group best?

BM archery fighter
Tempest cleric
Way of astral self monk

I will say a paladin. Ancient or Sorcerer oath IMO.

Edit:
The Ancient Sorcerer oath will also work great if there is no will to choose.

Speely
2019-08-26, 01:17 AM
Half-elf Lore Bard imo.

Kane0
2019-08-26, 01:18 AM
Some sort of Sorcerer or Wizard.

Nidgit
2019-08-26, 01:29 AM
Valor Bard or Hexblade. Any Sorcerer could work decently too.

lordshadowisle
2019-08-26, 01:59 AM
The party seems to be missing some roles, mainly face and utility (skills, magical). A lore bard could cover these quite well, and you could pick half-elf for more skills or variant human (ritual caster) to grab more utility rituals.

Eldariel
2019-08-26, 02:24 AM
Wizard is always the right answer, though you could do with a Lore Bard in a pinch. Lore Bard would be better at some non-combat stuff but the Wizard could be very decent there too with spells to that effect, while also getting all the gamechanger spells starting from ECL5.

CTurbo
2019-08-26, 05:18 AM
ANY character would work just fine, but if you're looking for the best most possible optimization I would say you need a high Cha character and both Bard or Paladin would make any group better.

Eldariel
2019-08-26, 06:29 AM
ANY character would work just fine, but if you're looking for the best most possible optimization I would say you need a high Cha character and both Bard or Paladin would make any group better.

I think the group needs arcane utility magic more than Cha so definitely Bard out of those two. But again, I posit that a Wizard could cover that if desired.

Feddlefew
2019-08-26, 09:37 AM
I'm seconding Bard- Glamour would be a great option here- or a utility/control wizard. I'd lean bard, personally, because that party needs a good face character and a good bard make everyone else's characters noticeably better.

Arkhios
2019-08-26, 11:43 AM
I'd say Cavalier with some kind of reach weapon. At 10th level you start controlling your surroundings so that basically nothing gets past you. Before that, at 3rd level you get the ability to mark your targets so that they have disadvantage on their attacks against anyone other than you, and at 7th level you get the ability to reactively inrease the AC for you or an ally of yours within 5 ft. by rolling 1d8.

sithlordnergal
2019-08-26, 02:27 PM
I would go with a Lore Bard. it gives you a skill monkey, party face, and a decent arcane caster. If possible, multiclass into Hexblade for two levels, that way you can boost your AC and get a really good ranged cantrip with invocations. Your damage might take a bit of a dive until Bard 6, but at that point you can snag Fireball and some other helpful spells.thankfully you have a Cleric, so you don't have to worry about healing.