PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Temple of Pelor - building

nakedonmyfoldin
2019-08-26, 07:40 AM
Howdy playground!

I’m planning to run a low level adventure in a long abandoned temple of Pelor. It was evacuated by the priesthood long ago when a demon snuck his way in and corrupted the temple.

Ideas I have so far:
-Undead paladin - a Templar who stayed behind to fight and allow the non-combatants to escape eventually succumbed to the demons might and is now cursed with undeath.

-Mirror lighting - like the original Mummy, angling to mirrors will illuminate the corridors and chambers one by one. I haven’t thought of how to run this without being tedious though.

-A couple of criminals could have taken up residence in the foyer area. It could give a semblance of factions in the dungeon with the criminals realizing there are some unsavory forces at work deeper in the temple. We could have barred doors, makeshift traps, and lines of salt (superstition to repel undead and demons).

NRSASD
2019-08-26, 09:34 AM
What exactly are you looking for? How can we assist?

Regarding the mirror puzzle, I ran one very similar in my own campaign. Rather making the puzzle be about angling the mirrors at the correct angles (which could get tedious), I had the monsters remove or smash the mirrors.

The puzzle was figuring out:
a. How do we get moonlight into this chamber deep underground?
b. what are all these weird attachment points on the walls surrounded by broken glass? Answer: where the mirrors were anchored
c. where are all the mirrors/how do we replace the two that were broken?

nakedonmyfoldin
2019-08-26, 10:10 AM
What exactly are you looking for? How can we assist?

Regarding the mirror puzzle, I ran one very similar in my own campaign. Rather making the puzzle be about angling the mirrors at the correct angles (which could get tedious), I had the monsters remove or smash the mirrors.

The puzzle was figuring out:
a. How do we get moonlight into this chamber deep underground?
b. what are all these weird attachment points on the walls surrounded by broken glass? Answer: where the mirrors were anchored
c. where are all the mirrors/how do we replace the two that were broken?

Sorry for not being clearer! I’m looking for more thematic or historical encounters to populate this temple with. Rather than filling it full of random puzzles, demons, or undead.

Typically, people in giantitp always offer really useful insight. Like your solution to the mirror puzzle - very helpful!