PDA

View Full Version : Speculation What are the 16 sub races in Eberron? We know at least 4 races are added but 16!!

FoxWolFrostFire
2019-08-26, 08:21 AM
So we know about
Shifter, Changeling, Warforged, and the Astral blood guys. But what else are we getting as Race/Sub Race Options? Any word or just wild guess?! I want to see something Crazy, Half Ogre or something. Maybe a different stat block for Orcs

BTW just to end cap it. I never really got into Eberron. Just never happened, so I don't even know how to guess.

Protolisk
2019-08-26, 08:24 AM
Pretty sure Dragonmarks replace subraces, and there are some 13 of them. If you count those as subraces, there you go.

If they are actually a bunch of bran new ones, it'd be interesting.

Nadlor
2019-08-26, 08:27 AM
The other 12 subraces are for dragonmarked characters. Each dragonmark (there are 12 in total) is restricted to a particular race and therefore, in 5e, dragonmarked characters are treated as different subraces mechanically.

EDIT: 13 if you also consider aberrant dragonmarks.

Zhorn
2019-08-26, 08:28 AM
Was just about to say

Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

I mean if it said 16 character options then sure, dragonmarks are fine, but if it is dragonmarks being included in that tally, that just sounds misleading :smallannoyed:

It probably is including dragonmarks, but I really hope it doesn't.

stoutstien
2019-08-26, 09:29 AM
So we know about
Shifter, Changeling, Warforged, and the Astral blood guys. But what else are we getting as Race/Sub Race Options? Any word or just wild guess?! I want to see something Crazy, Half Ogre or something. Maybe a different stat block for Orcs

BTW just to end cap it. I never really got into Eberron. Just never happened, so I don't even know how to guess.

Dragonmarks and a new player option for orcs. The goblin and bugbear will be reprints moste likely.

Arkhios
2019-08-26, 09:51 AM
I think that the dragonmarked as subraces is an elegant way to implement it in 5e. You either belong to a specific dragonmarked lineage or you don't. And if you don't, you might still have an Aberrant dragonmark (a feat) which may manifest itself at any moment in your life.

RedMage125
2019-08-26, 09:53 AM
Was just about to say

I mean if it said 16 character options then sure, dragonmarks are fine, but if it is dragonmarks being included in that tally, that just sounds misleading :smallannoyed:

It probably is including dragonmarks, but I really hope it doesn't.
If you read the Wayfinder's guide to Eberron, the dragonmarks are done as subraces. plus, look at the quote you cited..."16 new race/subrace options, including dragonmarks". As in, the number (16) includes the 12 dragonmarks.

Dragonmarks and a new player option for orcs. The goblin and bugbear will be reprints moste likely.

They said the Volo's goblinoids will be re-printed. I wouldn't mind stats for gnolls for the Znir Pact gnolls.