PDA

View Full Version : Raven Queen Familiar Questions

Nagog
2019-08-26, 09:11 AM
So I'm building a Warlock of the Raven Queen for a campaign I'm playing at level 4 (currently), and I had a few questions regarding the Raven Queen Patron abilities.

1. When you merge with your raven as per the 6th level ability, it states that you gain all the benefits of the raven being perched on your shoulder. Does this include the abilities that make the raven immune to damage and unable to be targeted by spells? Considering it has no time limit, do you need sleep when in this form?

2. If I were to take Pact of the Chain, could my Sentinel Raven be the familiar in question? Or would I be required to have a second familiar that has it's own host of benefits?

Millstone85
2019-08-26, 09:43 AM
If I were to take Pact of the Chain, could my Sentinel Raven be the familiar in question? Or would I be required to have a second familiar that has it's own host of benefits?You can never have two familiars. However, fun fact, the word "familiar" does not appear anywhere in that UA, so I am pretty sure the sentinel raven does not count as such.

You should take an imp and have it spend most of its time in raven form, for double raven flavor!

When you merge with your raven as per the 6th level ability, it states that you gain all the benefits of the raven being perched on your shoulder. Does this include the abilities that make the raven immune to damage and unable to be targeted by spells?That sounds too good to be the case, and the feature could be read as giving you the same benefits that you would gain from having the raven on your shoulder.

Considering it has no time limit, do you need sleep when in this form?I think that only your size, speed and available actions are modified, since the feature lists them. You certainly wouldn't want the HP of the raven.