PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Now I See the World Through Diamond Psis: 3.5 Psychic Warrior Build (WIP)

JagneStormskull
2019-08-26, 02:23 PM
This is sort of my first time doing this. I'm not looking to make something broken like the King of Smack, just something out of the box and fun to play. Anyway, all suggestions are appreciated.

Concentrate. Really Concentrate, like, Jedi style, with the Concentration skill. Good. Now then, use that to gain psychic focus as a swift action after attacking. Wait, what?

Okay, so you may or may not have read Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Euphemisms for my Sword, a controversial yet probably underappreciated 3.5 supplement. The book has a couple of fun feats that psionic characters can use well to do what I call psychic recycling, so I'm going to talk them over.
Martial Study:
Lets you grab a maneuver, say, Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Trust me, it'll be useful.
Instant Clarity (Psionic)
Let's you use a swift action to gain psychic focus after using a maneuver.
Move, activate that nightmare blade, deal your melee damage plus an additional 1d6 while also leaving your opponent flatfooted, then use a swift action to gain psychic focus, all in one round.
Psychic Renewal (Psionic)
Let's you spend your focus and PSPs equal to the maneuver's level in order to regain said maneuver as a swift action.
In the last round, you spent your maneuver and then gained psychic focus. This round you spend your psychic focus and regain your maneuver, then use it again. You can use whichever maneuver you chose an average of once per round, as long as you have the PSPs.

In order to kick this off at level 1, you need to be a race with a bonus feat (silverbrow human, standard human, etc.), put seven adds in Concentration, and have a wisdom bonus. Given that, standard human seems to be the most efficient race.
Any suggestion on psychic powers and such? Getting other maneuvers at higher levels (and exactly what the rules on levels and feats for that are)?

Edit:
I accidentally referred to Psychic Renewal as Psychic Focus. You can also combine this with Psicrystal Containment, Psionic Meditation, and Psionic Weapon for two regenerations and/or uses of focus in one round!

daremetoidareyo
2019-08-26, 02:32 PM
This is sort of my first time doing this. I'm not looking to make something broken like the King of Smack, just something out of the box and fun to play. Anyway, all suggestions are appreciated.

Concentrate. Really Concentrate, like, Jedi style, with the Concentration skill. Good. Now then, use that to gain psychic focus as a swift action after attacking. Wait, what?

Okay, so you may or may not have read Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Euphemisms for my Sword, a controversial yet probably underappreciated 3.5 supplement. The book has a couple of fun feats that psionic characters can use well to do what I call psychic recycling, so I'm going to talk them over.
Martial Study:
Lets you grab a maneuver, say, Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Trust me, it'll be useful.
Instant Clarity (Psionic)
Let's you use a swift action to gain psychic focus after using a maneuver.
Move, activate that nightmare blade, deal your melee damage plus an additional 1d6 while also leaving your opponent flatfooted, then use a swift action to gain psychic focus, all in one round.
Psychic Focus (Psionic)
Let's you spend your focus and PSPs equal to the maneuver's level in order to regain said maneuver as a swift action.
In the last round, you spent your maneuver and then gained psychic focus. This round you spend your psychic focus and regain your maneuver, then use it again. You can use whichever maneuver you chose an average of once per round, as long as you have the PSPs.

In order to kick this off at level 1, you need to be a race with a bonus feat (silverbrow human, standard human, etc.), put seven adds in Concentration, and have a wisdom bonus. Given that, standard human seems to be the most efficient race.
Any suggestion on psychic powers and such? Getting other maneuvers at higher levels (and exactly what the rules on levels and feats for that are)?

psicrystal containment can give you another focus to play with.

If you're doing concentration optimization, there are some neat diamond mind maneuvers that base your saves on concentration skill checks, and one of them sets your damage with a weapon to a concentration roll.

If you can get the symbiotic template, you get a big ole bonus to your concentration check, and maybe if you symbiosis with a psionic critter, you get more power points too.

pabelfly
2019-08-26, 04:03 PM
Level 2, I'd go with the Mantle ACF, dropping a pschic warrior bonus feat and get the freedom mantle and dimension hop ability. Swift action teleportation option and 10ft extra move speed? Yes please.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-08-26, 11:27 PM
...PSPs...Wait, how is your character getting video games, and why would they be useful as anything more than entertainment?

Also, you can only use Instant Clarity 3/day.

JagneStormskull
2019-08-27, 11:45 AM
psicrystal containment can give you another focus to play with.

If you're doing concentration optimization, there are some neat diamond mind maneuvers that base your saves on concentration skill checks, and one of them sets your damage with a weapon to a concentration roll.

If you can get the symbiotic template, you get a big ole bonus to your concentration check, and maybe if you symbiosis with a psionic critter, you get more power points too.

I also realized that with Psicrystal Containment, you can combine Psionic Meditation and Instant Clarity to quickly regain two focuses (since Instant Clarity is a swift action and Psionic Meditation is a move action) and then use both Psychic Renewal and Psionic Weapon.