PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Spell or item for sharing exprience?

10d10
2019-08-27, 12:20 AM
Was doing a quick search for something that will allow two characters to share their experience gains, either over a distance or nearby. Does any such thing exist?

Thurbane
2019-08-27, 12:22 AM
Not exactly what you are asking for, but closest I know of is the Talisman of Transference (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a) that allows one to contribute XP towards item creation, or "split the bill" as it were.

Other than that, maybe an item that allows Polymorph/Shapechange into a Dvati?

Asmotherion
2019-08-27, 12:36 AM
Technically just being in the same party...

i get that's not what you want but i'm not sure what exactly it is... some way to transfer exp?

Tedective
2019-08-27, 02:18 AM
Thought Bottle (10,000gp) allows you to "Save" your current exp - 500 to it (Or do other cool things, but the exp cheese is its main use).

Like Thurbane said, Talisman of Transference is nifty.

Planar Binding, though, is also nice. One summons, the other kills. Both get exp.

Animate Dead to recycle corpses for more exp in fighting undead.

Create Undead for harder fights.

Templates added to undead created increases their challenge rating but often costs exp / gold.

If the DM gets angry, just erect a coliseum to do fights more naturally and don't hold back. If your fighter dies/drops to your undead abomination, the animator gets the exp.

Or make your own dungeon, you might get passive exp bonuses for adventurers (npc's or alternate parties) failing at solving your player-made dungeon. Stone Shape is great at making walls. Stone to Flesh with a ghoul or two will also make quick work of a "chunk" of rock and keep the diggers satiated in the construction of your labyrinth.