PDA

View Full Version : Spells for a Favored Soul

CockroachTeaParty
2007-10-12, 08:16 PM
Inspired by recent threads, I've decided to try my hand at playing a Favored Soul for an up and coming campaign. With their limited spell selection, I ask the forum what spells are wise to choose.

I see my character as being both a healer and a frontline fighter, using self buffs to improve his combat ability. I have access to most of the Completes as well as the Spell Compendium. For healing, I'm looking at the Vigor line of spells for healing outside of battle.

We're starting first level, and I'm not too concerned on getting high save DCs for my spells, focusing more on buffs. Does anyone have any good suggestions, both for level 1 and for future possible spells?

Reel On, Love
2007-10-12, 09:19 PM
At first level I'd actually recommend Cure Light Wounds over Lesser Vigor, since it actually functions as in-combat healing. Swap it out later. For your other two, try Bless and Shield of Faith; you'll eventually want to trade Bless out for Divine Favor, and pick up Conviction (Spell Compendium). Sign (SpC) is also a great spell.

Level 2, Bull's Strength is great until you get strength-boosting items; have Lesser Restoration, Divine Insight (SpC; great to spontaneously cast when you need to make a skill check), and uh, Shatter.

Level 3, Magic Vestment is a must. Mass Conviction and Mass Resist Energy will make you popular, and Dispel Magic is good.

Level 4, Divine Power is obvious. Freedom of Movement is a major buff, and so is Air Walk. Panacea is a good choice for healing at this level, since it removes most conditions. You *don't* need a healing spell at every level, mind you.

Level 5, Righteous Might, Greater Stone Shape or Wall of Stone... Spell Resistance can be a useful buff... Plane Shift...

Try and pick up Rapid Metamagic eventually so you can quicken your buffs.