PDA

View Full Version : What race has the best flavor for the UA Barbarian?

Whiskeyjack8044
2019-08-28, 12:59 AM
I'm thinking either a Warforged that is a magical construction by a now dead Artificer. He has a large crack in his chest that is leaking the magic that grants him life. All the magical effects from the subclass are due to this slow leak.

Otherwise, maybe a a Simnic Hybrid. He use to be a human, but after being tortured and being made into a magical battery by a power hungry sorcerer, he mutated into his current form. Now he's escaped and trying to turn back.

What are y'alls cool ideas?

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-08-28, 01:05 AM
Anything that will make a good Sorcerer backstory.

A tifling that use his 7 degree uncle tony(The Balor) power as he rage and connect to his femaily tree.

The human with dragon blood.

Reynaerde
2019-08-28, 04:53 AM
I didn't even know that there was a UA Barbarian, thanks for pointing it out because it sounds like a lot of fun to play!

Playing a particularly unstable Shifter that wandered a bit too deep into the Feylands sounds like fun. Or maybe a Minotaur whose the product of a magical experiment gone wrong?

Wizard_Lizard
2019-08-28, 05:09 AM
ummm... eladrin?

stoutstien
2019-08-28, 07:09 AM
Simic hybrid that is actually the manifestation of a kuo-toa cult worshipping a human statue with crab arms attached to it.

Nagog
2019-08-28, 08:45 AM
Satyr Barbarian seems much less silly with this subclass.
As does Pixie Barbarian.

Unfortunately, the RAW doesn't really have any true "Fey" race choices (not counting elves, as they're far too Lawful to fit the chaotic magic of the fey).

Could fit any race that's been cursed by a fey.
All in all, there's a strong Fey fluff to it, so pretty much anything that direction makes sense.

stoutstien
2019-08-28, 08:59 AM
Satyr Barbarian seems much less silly with this subclass.
As does Pixie Barbarian.

Unfortunately, the RAW doesn't really have any true "Fey" race choices (not counting elves, as they're far too Lawful to fit the chaotic magic of the fey).

Could fit any race that's been cursed by a fey.
All in all, there's a strong Fey fluff to it, so pretty much anything that direction makes sense.

Centaur are flat out fey so we have one.

Khrysaes
2019-08-28, 09:56 AM
Goblins in volos guide to monsters have some amzing flavor. Goblin wild magic sorcerers are called booyag booyag booyags and roll on the wild magic table every spell. Not pc's but it still fits.

RickAllison
2019-08-28, 10:17 AM
Ravnica Centaurs could work, and even have a Strength boost. His rage catchphrase could be, “I’m done horsing around!”

Fable Wright
2019-08-28, 11:37 AM
Githzerai. Unable to master inner peace, he had to leave Limbo, but his force of will remains strong enough to affect the mechanics of the planes. Now that he's on the material, a stable reality, he must master his rage and his ties to limbo through his training and the help of his friends.

Thus he seeks inner peace through exploding flumphs.

Seclora
2019-08-29, 01:06 PM
Simic hybrid that is actually the manifestation of a kuo-toa cult worshipping a human statue with crab arms attached to it.

That is probably the best way to explain a non-Ravnican Simic Hybrid I have ever seen, and I love it!

acemcjack
2019-08-29, 02:01 PM
My instant thought was actually... Gnome. :)

stoutstien
2019-08-29, 02:55 PM
That is probably the best way to explain a non-Ravnican Simic Hybrid I have ever seen, and I love it!
It's a perfect fit honestly. Plus anytime I can use kuo-toa I will. I love those little insane morons

Spectrulus
2019-08-29, 11:48 PM
Wow. Guys. Firbolgs.

Giantkin who lived in the feywild so long they can fey powers.

Bonus to strength and other cool spell effects built in.