PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played a ranger cleric Mc?

Spacehamster
2019-08-28, 05:16 AM
If so, were it good and what subclasses did you use? Gloomstalker 5 and War or forge cleric 15 seems pretty neat, take defense combat style, wear heavy armor and use a two handed weapon and go to town? Mountain Dwarf with starting attributes 17/13/14/8/15/8 after racial, first asi get STR and WIS to 18 and 16 respectively. Then great weapon master and remaining two on 20 STR and 18 WIS? Sounds good as an example?

Nhorianscum
2019-08-28, 07:40 AM
If so, were it good and what subclasses did you use? Gloomstalker 5 and War or forge cleric 15 seems pretty neat, take defense combat style, wear heavy armor and use a two handed weapon and go to town? Mountain Dwarf with starting attributes 17/13/14/8/15/8 after racial, first asi get STR and WIS to 18 and 16 respectively. Then great weapon master and remaining two on 20 STR and 18 WIS? Sounds good as an example?

*Shrug* I've used it in a short Ravnica homebrew. (Level's 7-11).

Went with a golgari background Vhuman Gloom 5/War 6 with sharpshooter. Just went for dex 20, 16 wis is "good enough" to off-cast.

If you're planning on getting into mele I heavily recommend hunter over gloomstalker.

MrStabby
2019-08-28, 07:49 AM
Yes, although It also dipped rogue. I was a knowledge cleric 2, rogue 2, gloomstalker 6 at the end (only played levels 7 to 10). The character was great - It was a scholar who hunted down demons and undead. Cleric and rogue gave expertise for the knowledge skills, rogue gave another skill and cunning action is awesome and great fun. Cleric helped the spell slots go a bit further and nicely gave channed divinity. Ranger provided the martial power and boosted the spell slots. Really fun character.

NaughtyTiger
2019-08-28, 07:53 AM
beastmaster 5, trickster cleric 4.

it was good. not particularly powerful, but flexible as all get out. cleric has a bunch of non-attack bonus action stuff.