View Full Version : RPG web profiler

huyneo
2007-10-12, 08:42 PM
It died and now it lives
hopefully someone didn't already post this topic
http://www.roguepenguin.com/castellar/profiler/

Jack Mann
2007-10-12, 08:53 PM
And yet it does not seem to have my account, or any of my characters that were stored on rpgwebprofiler.net. This is... less than useful.

kamikasei
2007-10-12, 08:54 PM
And yet it does not seem to have my account, or any of my characters that were stored on rpgwebprofiler.net. This is... less than useful.

Indeed. There are lots of other sites implementing the same basic profiler. Starting a new one and sticking the old name on it without any of the backend is rather misleading.

Lumina
2007-10-16, 07:46 AM
That would be because RPGwebprofiler itself is a "Open Source" project.

Http://www.Thetangledweb.net has a copy of it too; though highly modded. We are currently trying to get the people who ran the old rpgprofiler.net profiler to toss us thier database of characters; but we currently are getting no respone's.

If we do get it; I will toss a announcement about it here as well.

namo
2007-10-16, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the effort, Lumina ! :smallsmile:

Lumina
2007-11-06, 08:04 AM
I return with news.

There will be no return of characters stored on the old rpgwebprofiler.net.

They have been lost into the sands of time; and the recycle bin of a hoster who had no respect for their users.

Sorry guys.

daggaz
2007-11-06, 08:51 AM
Thats too bad... its all about hard copies, people! Hard copies!! (Or at least a data file stored on your own computer..)

I'll pitch in for tangledweb tho. It's pretty good, easy to use, lots of different character sheets which are self-filling for all the mathy bits, mostly. (remember to punch in your base saves manually, it wont figure it out with class and level....yet)

Amiria
2007-11-06, 09:34 AM
Meh, the Tangled Web I don't like anymore. Their new site is too slow, probably beacuse of the advertisements. I now have only the character sheets which I actually use online, at Coyotecode.net.

I lost almost two dozen character sheets at RPG web profiler.

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-06, 09:39 AM
I really like Tangled Web.

Mostly though because my work filter doesn't block them. :)

Edit I failed a DC 5 Spelling Check.

Weak.