PDA

View Full Version : Semi-urgent regeneration optimization help

Voidstar01
2019-08-28, 07:15 PM
Right so first session is in 3 days, but i'm about to be away from wifi for 2.5 days, so here's the situation, i'm a melee fighter in epic levels with AC15, so not great my plan was to get a custom magic ring of continuous monstrous regeneration to (hopefully) mitigate some of the problem, however monstrous regeneration may have been disallowed since it's a 3.0 spell, so I was pointed in the direction of the trollblooded feat, problem being it gives me exhaustion in sunlight, how can fix this? (alternatively what are my alternatives to AC that I can use?)

Vizzerdrix
2019-08-28, 07:18 PM
A level of horizon walker.

Snowbluff
2019-08-28, 07:27 PM
Sandals of the Vagabond, 4k GP, CC Page 142. Makes exhaustion into fatigue.

Then get a way to be immune to the fatigue.

I think there is a Heavy legs warforged graft from Faiths of Eberron.

Darrin
2019-08-28, 07:29 PM
Sunlight has a duration. Iron-Heart-Surge the sun away.

More seriously, Divine Mind 1 can give you the Repose mantle, which allows you and your allies to ignore fatigue so long as you are psionically focused.

Armor of the Unending Hunt (MIC).

Bphill561
2019-08-29, 01:37 AM
Additional things to consider. If you have room for the epic feat, pick up fast healing as well to help cover any real damage.

Also if you have fighter levels, dragon 310 has the pugilist variant. As an alternative to a fighter feat you can get an ability where you reduce all subdual damage you take by your Con modifier. With you regeneration it is basically DR verse almost everything.

Trandir
2019-08-29, 02:24 AM
How is possible that you have 15 AC at epic levels?
This has nothing to do with the thread but it is curious that you got an AC worst than some level 1 PCs.

But fast healing is going to be useless at epic levels, if you want OoC healing a wand of vigor works just fine.

Regeneration is too little as well, to regenerate a single 30 hp attack you need 30, 15 or 10 rounds depending on how stron is your version. You can get immunity to non lethal damage and in that case alone you are making a difference

Kalkra
2019-08-29, 09:27 AM
Alternately, you can use some continuous darkness effect to block direct sunlight. Should be pretty easy at epic levels. Also, I'll mention Favor of the Martyr which makes you immune to both nonlethal damage and fatigue.

Vizzerdrix
2019-08-29, 09:48 AM
Alternately, you can use some continuous darkness effect to block direct sunlight. Should be pretty easy at epic levels. Also, I'll mention Favor of the Martyr which makes you immune to both nonlethal damage and fatigue.

Afew grains of black sand should do it. Just don`t touch them.

Segev
2019-08-29, 09:52 AM
There's a spell - I think it's called "shadowcloak" - in the Spell Compendium that says in its fluff that it was developed by Drow, but it creates a magical aura of dimness a few inches thick around the subject and protects them from the effects of bright light. That should work for your purposes, I think.

Alternatively, if you can get an item that will cast shapechange (super expensive), you could just transform into a War Troll and get his regeneration. Being a humanoid-ish shape, it lets you use all your other items and abilities, most likely, just fine.

Voidstar01
2019-08-29, 03:00 PM
How is possible that you have 15 AC at epic levels?
This has nothing to do with the thread but it is curious that you got an AC worst than some level 1 PCs.

But fast healing is going to be useless at epic levels, if you want OoC healing a wand of vigor works just fine.

Regeneration is too little as well, to regenerate a single 30 hp attack you need 30, 15 or 10 rounds depending on how stron is your version. You can get immunity to non lethal damage and in that case alone you are making a difference

Really, REALLY poor optimization skills, paired with being completely overwhelmed by all the options (my highest level PC previously being level 3), also the AC as DR variant rule from UA eating half my armor bonus didn't help.