PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Scout, Rouge, Iaijutsu Focus Build

OGDojo
2019-08-29, 04:14 AM
Okay so i came across the "Swift ambusher" feat in my delve into the depths of D&D 3.5 feats and also know that Iaijutsu focus damage stacks with Sneak attack and Skirmish damage, so i was curious if there was a way to get Iaijutsu focus skill without dipping into another class? is there a feat that allows you to pick a skill or two and turn them into class skills? or is there a template that allows it?

Vizzerdrix
2019-08-29, 04:18 AM
Not much help, but human paragon will do this for you.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-08-29, 04:25 AM
Let me see. Aereni Focus makes a skill of your choice a permanent class skill and gives you a +3 bonus to it, but you have to be a 1st level Elf from a specific region in Eberron. Strictly inferior to that but lacking any prerequisites is Skill Knowledge from Unearthed Arcana, which is intended for use with an alternate skill system but still works with the default (much weaker that way, though); makes two class skills or one cross-class skill of your choice a permanent class skill.

One of the recent optimization challenge entries used the latter option, in a Swift Ambusher build actually (though it was Halfling Monk rather than Scout, IIRC). Ah, here it is http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24080559&postcount=51.

OGDojo
2019-08-29, 04:35 AM
Strictly inferior to that but lacking any prerequisites is Skill Knowledge from Unearthed Arcana, which is intended for use with an alternate skill system but still works with the default (much weaker that way, though); makes two class skills or one cross-class skill of your choice a permanent class skill.

This right here is what i was looking for, thank you!

DeTess
2019-08-29, 04:40 AM
This right here is what i was looking for, thank you!

I would be a bit careful with that one though, as the feat was intended for an alternative skill system, and some DM's might rule that it does not apply if you're not using that system.

OGDojo
2019-08-29, 04:41 AM
I would be a bit careful with that one though, as the feat was intended for an alternative skill system, and some DM's might rule that it does not apply if you're not using that system.

the DM's that i play with have a general rule "If its in the books, its legal"

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-08-29, 04:44 AM
Happy to help! 😊