PDA

View Full Version : Conductor Stones Questions

Xaendreth
2019-08-30, 10:30 AM
Over the past few years I've been heavily interested in my artificer characters and I have seen the conductor stones in the Eberron Campaign Setting. The description for them is that they are essentially repelling magnets connected by lightning. The one stipulation that I've seen in the description is that this effect only occurs when two get within 5 feet of each other. Would this still happen when 3 get within 5 feet of each other? 4? It doesn't specifically say that more can't connect in this way, but it also doesn't say that they can.

Cruiser1
2019-08-31, 05:59 PM
The description for them is that they are essentially repelling magnets connected by lightning. Would this still happen when 3 get within 5 feet of each other?
Given that conductor stones are basically repelling magnets, three or more conductor stones near each other would interact simultaneously as a set of individual pairs, and all would repel each other equally. Usually a conductor stone is attached to something rigid, such as the ground along a lightning rail track, or the underside of a lightning rail carriage, so that prevents things from jumping around randomly.

Remember, as the lightning rail moves over track conductor stones, there will be a short period when a carriage is between two conductor stones along the tracks, and that will form a triangle right there. Similarly, the lightning rail has a few junctions and forks, and in those places there are three on the ground not too far away from each other.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/50/16/f850166e1dcf599d179df6efa40e23c4.jpg

Xaendreth
2019-09-03, 10:47 AM
Thank you for the image and explanation. I had a feeling it worked like that, I just was not sure on it specifically. Again, thank you.