PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Spellsinger Arcane Focus.

Kraullia
2019-08-30, 11:00 AM
How does object interactions apply to melee cantrips like Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade. (Both are Verbal & Material)
You need an Arcane Focus in hand, while casting Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade. The rules states, that you can only have on object interactions as part of your movement or action.
To my understanding, I either draw my weapon and make a melee attack or I draw my arcane focus and cast a spell, in the first turn.
Is it correct that you can't cast Booming Blade, in turn one, if neither the arcane focus or weapon is already readied?

Garfunion
2019-08-30, 11:16 AM
How does object interactions apply to melee cantrips like Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade. (Both are Verbal & Material)
You need an Arcane Focus in hand, while casting Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade. The rules states, that you can only have on object interactions as part of your movement or action.
To my understanding, I either draw my weapon and make a melee attack or I draw my arcane focus and cast a spell, in the first turn.
Is it correct that you can't cast Booming Blade, in turn one, if neither the arcane focus or weapon is already readied?

Those two cantrips have a material component of “a weapon” your sword is your material component. You do not need a focus.

Kraullia
2019-08-30, 11:37 AM
Those two cantrips have a material component of “a weapon” your sword is your material component. You do not need a focus.

Thank you!